Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The definitive offroad racing game...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 07, 2007 22:31
...hits stores in 3 weeks...

Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 08, 2007 04:40
Yeah! This is shaping up to be quite cool.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 08, 2007 07:49
Is it going to have cool, quirky music like the original Sega Rally or will it have shitty licensed music like almost every other game these days? I also demand the co-driver say things like " Easy right, baby!" like he did in the original, no British accents!

Ah hell, I should just play the original instead. Sounds more fun.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 08, 2007 07:54

Easy right, baby!"

ROFL.. I always thought it was Easy Right, Maybe!?
Zoy

RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 08, 2007 09:15

Gum your porridge slowly, old codger!
Joe Redifer

RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 08, 2007 09:16
Yeah, the Saturn is so damn old!

ROFL.. I always thought it was Easy Right, Maybe!?

It probably is, but it makes far more sense to have the co-driver hitting on you than to be unsure of the turn... lap after lap. Plus, it' s funnier!
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 8 Sep 07 1:17:50 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 08, 2007 09:21
The original is defo the best - although you dont get as many gasps competing in the stratos in the arcade anymore! Saturn version was perfect introduction to 32 bit gaming too..
< Message edited by ikashiru -- 8 Sep 07 1:22:36 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 08, 2007 10:24
DIRT is freaking awesome , i love it . so and so many tracks, controls are great, a lot of variety in vehicles, graphics are amazing, framerate is smooth, challenging but not frutsrating.

I DON' T think sega rally will be better than DIRT.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 08, 2007 10:37

Ha ha. Sega shouldn' t be allowed to make new games. They should just release the originals with a sorry note included instead of a manual:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for purchasing our product. We hope you enjoy it as much as your father has.
Joe Redifer

RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 08, 2007 13:44
They should indeed be allowed to make new games. However they shouldn' t be allowed to make sequels that are less than the originals. Come up with a new name. It' s not like Sega is forced to use the " Sega Rally" name. Use " Sega less-arcadey and far more British off road car game in which the ONLY detail we paid any attention to is the track deformation" instead.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 08, 2007 15:09
Sega did put good music to their games.... I wonder if there is an area of game developement that Sega have improved on since leaving the DC for dead. (Excluding AM2). Every aspects of their games have gone downhill

Man I miss those Sega days...
Joe Redifer

RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 08, 2007 19:19
Well, if Sega Japan did the music or they at least tried to have some cool tunes, this might be good. I' m definitely willing to give it a try, but I don' t want a sim racer. Can' t be any worse than that gawdawful Sega Rally 2005 (or whatever it was) for the PS2. The best thing about that game is it had the arcade Sega Rally on the disc!
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 8 Sep 07 11:19:28 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 08, 2007 21:35
Well ive not liked sega rally since the saturn/arcade original version
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 08, 2007 23:47
Got the be honest, Watching the lastest trailers, this looks more like V-rally than SEGA rally.. and 30fps :(( OMG that' s criminal.
Zoy

RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 09, 2007 03:15
I' m as big a Sega fan as anyone, but lately whenever you sad sacks start bitching about the old days, it makes me want to beat all of you with a pillowcase filled with Dreamcast control pads. And those were big control pads.

Should this really be compared to Dirt? The two games are clearly going after different experiences. Dirt is obviously attempting to be more simulation (although it still has the major flaw of cars turning from a central pivot point), but lacks wheel-to-wheel multiplayer. Sega Rally Revo is all about the adrenaline rush and looks to be a blast for multiplayer.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 09, 2007 05:54

Is it going to have cool, quirky music like the original Sega Rally or will it have shitty licensed music like almost every other game these days?

I thought I was about the only one who often preferred " Sega rock" instead of licensed music. Most of the times I can' t stand it when I hear some popular contemporary " artists" in a game. It usually feels...tacky to me.

I' m as big a Sega fan as anyone, but lately whenever you sad sacks start bitching about the old days, it makes me want to beat all of you with a pillowcase filled with Dreamcast control pads. And those were big control pads.

Can we keep a controller afterwards?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 10, 2007 01:43
Bottom line. I don' t want to play a racer where I can' t see the ingame steering wheel in first person view. A ruling I made after PGR3 proved how essential this is.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 10, 2007 02:27
I don' t play in cockpit mode since I play with a wireless wheel from MS, the way racers should be played on the 360. Playing with visable wheel in cockpit mode when you actually have a physical wheel in front of you is just plain dumb.
And since PGR3 played like shit with the wheel, it doesn' t really belong to my favourites. Played god-like with a normal controller though, but that' s simply not the way I want to play my racing games.
If Sega Rally gets the controls right when it comes to Microsofts wheel, then I' ll buy it.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 10, 2007 02:30
Im not expecting too much support for the wheel with this game. Its bound to be a pad focused arcade racer.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The definitive offroad racing game... - Sep 10, 2007 02:32
SEGA Rally is an arcade game and in arcades racing games are played with wheels. Why should this game not be good with a wheel?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message