Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30
He

• Total Posts : 292
Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 04:10
I' m don' t think this has been discussed yet. If it has, then I missed it completely somehow. Anyway, which version of Zelda: Twilight Princess are you planning on getting: the Gamecube version, or the Wii version? I' m not decided right now (classic Zelda 64 control or Wiimote control? hmmm).
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 04:27
I haven' t decided yet either.
I would like to get the Wii version since it' s supposed to take advantage of the more powerful Wii but I' m afraid that the controls might get annoying if I' m not used to them. And I don' t want to get annoyed with a Zelda game! Maybe I' ll buy both even though it sounds stupid.
I think I' ll start with the Wii version and if I can' t stand the controls then I' ll buy the GC version too. Then, a year later when I' m a Wii-mote master I can give the Wii version another go.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 04:30
the wii is not giveing the game a nice graphical extra touch, so the game might play better and be cheaper [maybe] on gamecube. The wii mote wasnt designed for this game form the start, so play it the way it was meant to be.

And say goodbye to your cube afterwards.
ginjirou

RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 04:33
Are you sure? The latest Wii version screenshots of the game at IGN looks much cooler than the GCN screenshots.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 21 Jun 06 20:34:30 >
He

RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 04:40
I was also under the impression that the two versions had no graphical difference, but I might be wrong. What screenshots are you looking at Ginjirou?

EDIT: nevermind, just noticed you said IGN.
< Message edited by he -- 21 Jun 06 20:41:28 >
ginjirou

RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 04:41
Latest Wii screenshots at IGN.com
They look a little to nice to be Gamecube.
Especially compared to the actuall GC shots.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 04:46
This is exactly why I said I wanted both!

The Gamecube version is played exactly how a Zelda game SHOULD be played! However, Twilight Princess gives you the experience of actually feeling like you are in Link' s shoes!

It' s a real toughie indeed...
He

RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 04:49
From what I can see, the screenshots for the Wii section and the screenshots from the GCN version are the exact same. Actually, they look like IGN used the same screenshots for both games. Not sure what that means as far as the graphics of the game, maybe IGN made a mistake.

EDIT: here, linkies: Gamecube version and Wii version
< Message edited by he -- 21 Jun 06 20:51:14 >
He

RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 04:57

ORIGINAL: Marink

This is exactly why I said I wanted both!

The Gamecube version is played exactly how a Zelda game SHOULD be played! However, Twilight Princess gives you the experience of actually feeling like you are in Link' s shoes!

It' s a real toughie indeed...

I thought that it was you that said he was going to buy both. I couldn' t remember for sure, but I remember someone else was questioning the logic behind it (was that Killer or Mass X? hmm).

To tell you the truth, I' m considering getting both too. At least you' d have variety. Sure, you' d have to technically play through the game twice, but with different controls (even a different controller) it probably wouldn' t be too boring. I played LOZ:Ocarina of Time: Master Quest (not sure if that' s the actual name) and liked it, and that game didn' t have different controls.
< Message edited by he -- 21 Jun 06 20:59:00 >
SaFt

• Total Posts : 38
RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 05:19
Gamecube, definitely since i pre-ordered it over a year ago, and im not planing on cancelling that order. And to tell you the truth, i think it' ll play much better on the Gamecube, from what i saw from the E3 Video it didnt seem to controll that good.

EDIT: And about the Wii and Gamecube Graphics differense. Nintendo stated, quiet recently that the both versions will be identical to eachother.

The quote is from Nintendo Power.

" Both the Nintendo GameCube and Wii versions of the upcoming much-anticipated The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess game, will be identical in content besides the control scheme."

http://dsrevolution.com/article.php?articleid=1240
< Message edited by SaFt -- 21 Jun 06 21:26:48 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 05:48
keep in mind that all e3 TP footage is running on gamecube hardware, and not the final wii hardware. so those shots you have seen are the gamecube.
He

RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 05:55
They said there wouldn' t be a difference, though.
evangelion

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 07:07
the only difference is that the Wii version will run in widescreen, therefore looking more cinematic....
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 07:15

They said there wouldn' t be a difference, though.

Incorrect. Nintendo have repeatedly stated that Wii' s visuals will be an improvement over what was seen at E3. It' s realistic to expect Twilights visual quality to improve between E3 and it' s release later this year.

Every Wii game at E3 was running on slightly modified Gamecubes because Wii' s specs (as told by ATi haven' t been finalized yet). ATi are still working on the GPU (although i would expect them to be finishing soon enough and getting ready for mass production).

Things like better lighting and shadowing can add an awful lot to the game. If Wii allows for self shadowing, dynamic lighting and full screen anti-aliasing, then it' ll look nicer than the Gamecube version. They don' t have to up the polycount (although i would), they just need to take advantage of the extra processing/rendering power available to them.
He

RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 07:43
If they said in Nintendo Power, however, that there is no difference besides control scheme, isn' t that trustworthy? I thought Nintendo Power was an official, or at least near-official source.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 08:50
I' m definately getting the Wii version. I must admit my GC rarely gets used (occassional bouts of SSBM goodness), only because i' m more of a PC gamer at the moment. The Wii has me really excited with the new take on playing games, so i' ll pick up Zelda TP with my Nintendo Wii. Unfortunately i' ve already said goodbye to GC (after i saw the Wii).
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 11:18
Definitely get the Wii version, which will have 480p and true 16:9 widescreen. The Gamecube NIntendo version will be gimpy to encourage people to buy the Wi version. Buy the way, isn' t the Gamecube Nintendo already dead with no more games coming out, except for Zelda: Gimpy Version? There are only 4 or 5 games that I truly enjoy on the Gamecube Nintendo.
ginjirou

RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 18:21

Nintendo have repeatedly stated that Wii' s visuals will be an improvement over what was seen at E3.

Yes! I was right! Buahahahaha! In you face!
SaFt

• Total Posts : 38
RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 22, 2006 23:41
Alrighty, so Majikdra6on is a more reliable Source than Nintendos Own magazine? wow, i didn' t know that.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Which Zelda version (Wii or GCN)? - Jun 23, 2006 10:51
No I' ve read that too. The ATI spokesman said what you saw at E32006 was

' the tip of the ice berg' (or words to that effect).

That an Wii apparently is not finalised (but close to being compared to ps3) and the E32006 ' Wii demos' were running of modified GC hardware (as mentioned previously on the thread). After all the Wii is pretty much a substancially higher clocked GC with other extras added for good measure (very lame way to put it but you get the idea).

The Wii version will be significantly better, graphics and interaction wise then the GC version.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message