Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Masterchief Can Fly!!! And other tips/tricks for Halo 2.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Masterchief Can Fly!!! And other tips/tricks for Halo 2. - Dec 02, 2004 19:31
I thought this was a bunch of hooie, at first.

As I read through the article, I became more convinced this was true.

If it can be done, will someone in the " know" let the rest of us know how to perform this feat?

Read on, my fellow gamers:

Master Chief Can Fly!!!
Posted by: Jeff on Wednesday, December 1st, 2004

Source: http://www.totalvideogames.com

Is it a bird, is it a plane… no actually it’s Master Chief…

Glitches in games are often amusing things; sure games that are packed full of them are no fun at all, however the odd occasional glitch in a game is often an amusing event, especially when the game is noted for it’s strength – we fondly recall meeting an American who took great pride in demonstrating everyone of the 12 or so glitches he’d discovered within Mario 64.

So when the following video footage arrived this morning it deserved at least a double check, whilst the Halo fans clamoured around the monitor. At first it seemed too strange to be true; however we managed to unearth the author behind the trick, known by his GamerTag of RogueSoul.

Rogue not only assured us that this wasn’t the result of an Action Replay or similar cheating device, but a glitch within the game that anybody could perform; although regretfully we couldn’t squeeze the secrets of the technique from him.

Although the video was enough to keep us entertained all morning long, Rogue assures us that it’s not a complete secret and has become quite common amongst Xbox Live! addicts – so if you find yourself sniping on Coagulation make sure to keep check on the skies.

Thanks to RogueSoul for keeping us entertained on a wet Tuesday morning…

I found at least one descriptive instruction to perform this feat, but it apperas that there are multiple ways to accomplish this task.

Here goes...and good luck!

Figured out how to do it...(see below)

This trick requires two players on different teams
and an energy sword. Have the player with the energy sword get
a side seat of a vehicle (Warthog or Spectre). Lock on to the
enemy with the sword. When it is red, press R. After that,
the enemy can either fly away in a Banshee, drive away in a vehicle,
or just walk away. However, the player in the Warthog needs to
keep their crosshairs on them. After they are far away and still
followed with the crosshairs, get out of the vehicle. You will
fly directly to them. This is funniest with the Banshee.

Here' s a few links from the guy they refer to as the ' master' :

Click here.

Click here for Quicktime movie.

Here' s a question from another player (with answer):

Do you think you could submit a written description as well? For those of us who do not have broadband to download your Oprah sized video.

the simple version is to park a hog where a covie dropship will land, get into the passenger seat, lock onto a turret of the ship when it comes, let the ship leave, aim where u want to go, and get out

Here' s a link to the tutorial website created just for this trick.

Here' s a non-flight related Halo 2 tip:

The Sword in the Stone
with FrogBlast

Keep walking along the rooftops on the right side of the beginning of Outskirts. When you get to a clay/pink colored building, a chunk of the building is missing (and you are in view of Hotel Zanzibar.) Go inside and check this out. I' d say this is the only place you can find a plasma sword in this level, but I know at least one elite carries a plasma sword too. Anyway, this looks like a bloody grave to me. Cool

< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 12/2/2004 7:58:24 PM >
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Masterchief Can Fly!!! And other tips/tricks for Halo 2. - Dec 02, 2004 20:58
Yep, many a glitch has been exposed. We' re thinking that Bungie may have left some of those glitches in because there is one video (don' t know if it' s one you have up there) that shows these two guys flying through one of the levels. They get to the top and there a weapon called the Scarab. It' s looks like the Brute Pistol, except it' s firepower is closer to a tank...and it has infinite ammo. It' s really too bad you can' t get down from there, lol.

One of the more annoying new glitches is this flag glitch. A few have figured out how to either lag out our connections so we can' t see them enter the base, or they have figured out a way to steal the flag from outside of the base. There have been many reports of this happening. People just standing and watching the flag to have it disappear.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Masterchief Can Fly!!! And other tips/tricks for Halo 2. - Dec 02, 2004 22:24
Thats Awesome.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Masterchief Can Fly!!! And other tips/tricks for Halo 2. - Dec 04, 2004 14:03
Has anybody tried either of the tricks?

I hope to get some time today to verify that they indeed work.

If I get either (or both) to work, I will post the result here.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Masterchief Can Fly!!! And other tips/tricks for Halo 2. - Dec 04, 2004 18:28
http://www.re-kwest.com/vipforum/viewtopic.php?t=2641

This is from my clan' s forums. I believe this was using the rocket/sword glitch. There are a ton of pics though so beware.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Masterchief Can Fly!!! And other tips/tricks for Halo 2. - Dec 09, 2004 21:17
cool thanks for the tips
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: Masterchief Can Fly!!! And other tips/tricks for Halo 2. - Dec 14, 2004 15:40
lol....thanks for the heads up on these. flying master chief, eh? oh the possibilities are simply endless...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll