Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Zelda tWIIlight princess review
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 18, 2006 10:34
I havn' t played the game and have no right in saying this, but Gamespot are F*CKING LIARS! No way does Zelda get an 8.8, when FFXII gets a 9 and Gears a 9.6. Don' t get me wrong, I like Gears, but I cannot accept Zelda getting just a great score... it should be perfect! GRRRR!!!!

Linky

And of all departments the gameplay gets an 8. Double GRRRR!!!!
Damn you Gamespot... damn you all to HEEEEELLLLLL!

But to calm down and listen to a more valid source, is there' s any fellow Kikizo member living in U.S, that happens to buy Wii and Zelda at launch, please share your thoughts.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 18 Nov 06 2:50:35 >
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 18, 2006 10:45
What the fuck!!! Only 8.8!!! I I I I I dont know what to fucking say............[:' (]
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 18, 2006 10:55
Since when has anyone listened to Gamespot?
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 18, 2006 11:02

No way does Zelda get an 8.8, when FFXII gets a 9 and Gears a 9.6. Don' t get me wrong, I like Gears, but I cannot accept Zelda getting just a great score... it should be perfect! GRRRR!!!!

Gamespot = Uwe Boll of Game Reviewers...keep that in mind.

Gamerankings.com is the most accurate since it takes all reviews and puts them together...I think Gamerankings' 98% for it is accurate.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 11:52

But to calm down and listen to a more valid source, is there' s any fellow Kikizo member living in U.S, that happens to buy Wii and Zelda at launch, please share your thoughts.
I' ll be playing tomorrow, full review then.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 12:23
I bet it was a brutally honest review too...

Not a:

" How deep can the Master Sword go up my rear end" kind of review...

Of course I don' t agree with gamespot however...

The Gameplay for Twilight Princess (when he is playing as Link) does look like
a souped up Ocarina of Time, and people tend to forget that so far since Ocarina
the underlying gameplay aspects have all stayed the same for each Zelda..

Goes to show that some companies tastes differ, or companies don' t like to conform
to what everyone else believes the game to be and controversially lowers it...

Twilight Princess looks like an 8.9 kind of game.. at least...

Those that are worried about this review... chill. If the Nintendo Fanboys kick up
enough of a fuss... They' ll change the score...
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 18:44
Hasn' t anyone considered that they might actually score the GameCube version higher? Wasn' t main reason for the lower score is that they felt the Wii specific controls were a little too tacked on, rather than comfortably intergrated?

That was my only concern with the Wii version, and I have to say after playing for around 25 mins yesterday in the local shopping centre, I agree partially. The aiming with the bow is much easier than the using the analog stick, which is why playing with the GCN pad will have it' s own downsides. But overall the pad I would consider the better control method.

The game it self though, looks to me like it could be the best one since Ocarina, hopfully matching it.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 19 Nov 06 10:46:31 >
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 19:22

Wasn' t main reason for the lower score is that they felt the Wii specific controls were a little too tacked on, rather than comfortably intergrated?

No, I think the main reason was because of the lack of innovation, which is pretty stupid if you ask me.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 20:20

No, I think the main reason was because of the lack of innovation, which is pretty stupid if you ask me

Yeah, kind of. It would be nice to see Zelda move forward as a game though, there are cerainly a few things they could improve on. But I personally wouldn' t have marked the game down because of that as a primary concern. The controls are the only thing which I would say lower the score,along with the lack of a true orchestral soundtrack, and better sound effects.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 20:39

The controls are the only thing which I would say lower the score,along with the lack of a true orchestral soundtrack, and better sound effects.

Ive seen / Read about 5 reviews so far, and all claim the controls to far out do what could possibly be done on a normal controller. Running, Aiming, and fighting at the same time is one example.

Ive even read, Matt from IGN and a guy from 1up (both were very skepticle of playing Zelda with the wiimote beforehand) claim that they could never imagine playing this on a standard Controller..

Obviously these guys ' got' the controls.

Zelda Wii would have never got past Q&A if it played anything less than previous Zeldas (or the GC one).

Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 20:49
I might be old fashioned, but I simply couldn' t imagine playing Zelda with anything but a standard controller. You see, I want to relax whilst playing it, not shake my controller around like some sort of madman. Some games yes, but Zelda no way!!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 21:52
Matt Casamassinas review on IGN was great (9.5). The score seems right and he motivated his score very good. I think that he usually writes the best reviews for Nintendo games since he sure knows a lot about them and his opinions are well motivated.
Watch the video review: http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748589/vids_1.aspx
After watching that, I can' t wait to play this game.

What Matt said:

Presentation 8
A truly epic new Zelda complete with a compelling, darker storyline, enhanced controls, and brand new gameplay mechanics. Lack of voice acting and orchestrated music are unfortunate.

Graphics 8.5
An absolutely gorgeous GameCube game. An enormous, detailed world brought to life via beautiful art. But Wii is still capable of much more, as the adventure' s sometimes-blurry textures prove.

Sound 8.0
Again, where' s the orchestrated music? Come on, Nintendo. Everything else is great, from the moody sound effects to the atmospheric MIDI compositions

Gameplay 9.5
Superb. The tried-and-true Zelda gameplay mechanics are taken to new heights with the Wii remote and nunchuk. Overworld and temple designs are stellar. Classic Zelda reborn for a new generation.

Lasting Appeal 9.5
It' ll keep you busy for at least 50 hours and you could spend double that in Nintendo' s new Hyrule. So much to do and see that you' ll be busy for weeks, if not months.

OVERALL 9.5 Incredible

I agree with him saying that it doesn' t really matter that Twilight Princess isn' t groundbreaking. The gameplay founded in Ocarina Of Time simply doesn' t need many improvements. I played OOT for the first time last year and I still put it at the top 3 games ever on my list. That shows how timeless and amazing the gameplay mechanics are.
The Wii-mote does all the enhancements I need for a Zelda game.
Graphics and sound won' t bother me either since I was playing some Saturn games just minutes ago. For me, this game might be a 10
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 21:55
I can' t take anymore zelda dungeons,im feed up with them,i want a more darker action oriented Zelda.

ps! my first game ever was zelda to nes and i played and loved it,me and my sis finished it together.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 19 Nov 06 13:55:51 >
Dionysius

RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 21:59
A LOT of " GOOD" games would deserve a worse score, if " lack of innovation" could bring down a well made game. If so then games like Gears and Halo 2 definately doesn' t deserve the scores they got. They got them because they were ovarall well made and not a shocking, new gaming experience. I personally don' t like Halo 2, because it was so very much like the first, but it was non the less a well made game.

Though I do agree that " innovation" can lift a game greatly, but the lack of it shouldn' t be something that brings a game down.

BTW: Nintendo = Lack of innovation! WTF?!
QuezcatoL

RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 22:02

I personally don' t like Halo 2, because it was so very much like the first, but it was non the less a well made game.

Then you must dislike this game a lot,its basically a copy of OoT.
ginjirou

RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 22:04
Did you play OOT with a Wii-mote?
QuezcatoL

RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 22:14
I' m no kiddie get real.
Dionysius

RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 22:16

Then you must dislike this game a lot,its basically a copy of OoT.

I know I didn' t really explain it, but the thing I wanted to come to was that I doesn' t really matter if a game isn' t all new and different... sometimes you like it simply because it' s good and sometimes not. It all depends on oneself. For instance i LOVED OoT and Wind Waker, yet I didn' t fins Wind Waker all that different from OoT, on the other han I LIKED Halo, yet found its sequel to be rubbish! Dunno why and I don' t intend to find out. I feel no need to know why I like some stuff and dislike other things. Guess I' m somewhat of a hypocrit, huh?
< Message edited by dionysius -- 19 Nov 06 14:20:20 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 22:17
I really loved OoT i never finished wind waker,i quited when iwas collecting the pieces for the triangel i got to bored.
ginjirou

RE: Zelda tWIIlight princess review - Nov 19, 2006 22:19
Well, maybe Halo 2 was too similar to Halo 1. I mean the gameplay was pretty much the same so if you weren' t interested in the story it was a completely useless sequel.
All the Zelda games are very different even though the core gameplay mechanics are the same.
This time we have a new storyline, the Wii-mote, the wolf parts, new darker theme, biggest Zelda game ever and fighting while riding a horse.
That' s a lot more than you could do in OOT me thinks.
I liked Wind Waker all the way. Even when I collected the pieces in the end. It didn' t take long either.

I' m still a little confused. Wind Waker takes place long after Hyrule is destroyed so that means that everything we' ll be doing in Twilight Princess to save the world will be... in vain?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 19 Nov 06 14:22:10 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread