Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Exorcist The Beginning
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Exorcist The Beginning - Aug 23, 2004 13:23
Now that was an amazing movie! I suggest everyone go check it out (assuming you have the stomach for it)
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Exorcist The Beginning - Aug 23, 2004 19:18
How does it compare to the original Exorcist movie?

You know that the original Exorcist movie was based on a true event that happened at Alexian Brothers (now St. Alexus) Hospital in Saint Louis, MO.?

That really freaked me out...
lotusson

RE: Exorcist The Beginning - Aug 24, 2004 01:34
It' s not as good as the first one, but that' s not to say The Beginning was a bad movie. After all, the first Exorcist was literally a classic. You just don' t make classic films easily. But The Beginning was an amazing film on its on. It actually does a few things better than the original Exorcist as well. Like giving a more meaningful background to " the evil" , and developing all the cast members unlike the first. If you remember, in the first one Father Merrion is only seen twice in the film. Once at the beginning and again at the end when he does the exorcism. That basically made Merrion a plot device. But in The Beginning no one rushes in last second with little build up to play a major role in the film. But what I like most about The Beginning was that it has this " unpredictablility" about it. From beginning until the very end, it does a good job at keeping you in the dark, and I loved that. The CG could have been better in some places, but it' s not that distracting. Also, the story takes a while to get going, but the original Exorcist had that problem as well. Nevertheless, the Beginning was perhaps the best flick I' ve seen out of all the summer flicks. I enjoyed it WAY more than Spider-Man 2, and more than several other disappointments this summer. If you have the stomach for it (and you' ll need it) I would highly suggest checking out Exorcist The Beginning.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Exorcist The Beginning - Aug 30, 2004 13:17
Wait now - when you say not as good as the first one are you talking about the original exorcist or the more recent remake of the original exorcist?

I am looking forward to this movie. I may have to go watch the original because as I can recall I was about 12 years old at a friends birthday party and stopped watching it when the girl' s voice changed.
Instead I went and played video games with others that were scared (Justice league fighting game for SNES)

Ah video games, how you have comforted me in my times of need hahaha
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Exorcist The Beginning - Sep 03, 2004 05:19
That was an awesome movie I never really saw the first one.. I don' t know why.. maybe too much talking.. I went to see the begining with my brothers and it was kinda freaky.. I jumped like once well I almost did. My brothers were like " Anthony you better start reading the Bible" Then we all cracked up hehe.
lotusson

RE: Exorcist The Beginning - Sep 03, 2004 15:11

Wait now - when you say not as good as the first one are you talking about the original exorcist or the more recent remake of the original exorcist?

I' m talking about the original original Exorcist. A movie which is also worth renting.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll