Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Games not to buy...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
Games not to buy... - Jul 07, 2004 20:13
Tried out these two games last week. Here' s my two cents worth.

Red Faction II - first one was okay, RFII [:' (]
Brute Force - [:' (]
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Games not to buy... - Jul 07, 2004 20:54
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Ch@otix

• Total Posts : 41
RE: Games not to buy... - Jul 07, 2004 23:34
Oh, I heard Panzer Dragoon Orta was good...
< Message edited by ch@otix -- 7/7/2004 11:34:35 PM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Games not to buy... - Jul 07, 2004 23:51
It is good. Buy it now. Heck, buy two! The music could be better, as it kind of limps along like Panzer Dragoon Zwei did. bring back the Ethiopian Philharmonic Orhestra from PD1!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Games not to buy... - Jul 08, 2004 00:58

Panzer Dragoon Orta

Die Ricky DIE!!!! [:' (]
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Games not to buy... - Jul 08, 2004 16:34
Brute Force wasn' t THAT bad; it was just so ridiculously overhyped. The game is actually pretty fun multi-player...if only for a few hours. The single-player wasn' t very good, though. Definitely not worth the $50 at the time...I wonder what it' s at now?
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Games not to buy... - Jul 09, 2004 02:52
dont buy Defender, it' s the suckest game with the suckest storyline i' ve ever seen, and do' nt buy Azurik too, suckest game Microsoft made, just complement hehe, not offending them
fictionised

• Total Posts : 85
RE: Games not to buy... - Jul 11, 2004 06:06

<message edited by fictionised on Jul 01, 2013 07:17>
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: Games not to buy... - Jul 11, 2004 18:43
don' t buy drake of the 99 dragons. just stay away from it at all costs.
and panzer dragoon orta was freakin' awesome! and i thought the music was good, too.
matthayter700

• Total Posts : 25
RE: Games not to buy... - Jul 16, 2004 01:31
Games NOT to buy eh? Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. Ok yeah I am stating the obvious but I' ve heard so much stuff about its glitches (THE AUTOMATIC OPPONENT DRIVER DOES NOT MOVE AND THE TRUCKS CAN GO THROUGH BUILDINGS) that it almost HAD to be put in.
< Message edited by matthayter700 -- 7/16/2004 1:35:56 AM >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Games not to buy... - Jul 23, 2004 05:20
Lol.

No, I' m serious here. I love Sega but PDO was crap. All it had was graphics. Music=blah, Gameplay=boring and repetative, form change=useless, story=wait... I never found a story just some cutscenes with crappy babbling. The only thing this game had was a beautiful art design. Other than the graphics it wasn' t even worth the $6 I paid to rent it. it was a five day rental and I beat it in 6 hours on the first day. Crap. Eh, it must just be me, everyone else seemed to love it.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Games not to buy... - Jul 23, 2004 05:49

Lol.

No, I' m serious here. I love Sega but PDO was crap. All it had was graphics. Music=blah, Gameplay=boring and repetative, form change=useless, story=wait... I never found a story just some cutscenes with crappy babbling. The only thing this game had was a beautiful art design. Other than the graphics it wasn' t even worth the $6 I paid to rent it. it was a five day rental and I beat it in 6 hours on the first day. Crap. Eh, it must just be me, everyone else seemed to love it.

RAMPAGE WAS RAISED BY WOLVES!!

*hops out backdoor*
Pierre2k

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Games not to buy... - Jul 23, 2004 18:37
I am going to give some controversial posts here (not all but some). These are games I hated, but many loved:

1) Devil May Cry - brilliant story, super cool, great graphics, shite gameplay, crap camera angles, absolute garbage. Never have i been so disappointed in recent times with a game. DO NOT BUY!

2) Steel Battlion: LOC - bought and loved the original Steel Battlion so purchasing the online sequel was a no brainer. How could they ruin a game by taking it online. Not sure, but they did. Laggy, confusing, low in players and generally a game that just isn' t fun to play on the net. The mechs are just too cumbersome for an online game.

3) Star Wars Galaxies - wanted this game for ages. it was my first foray in to MMORPGs and boy was I dissapointed. Boring, without direction, bad controls, buggy, an meaningless underlying story, an unhelpful community. I just didn' t enjoy my time at all and the subsciption got cancelled straight away.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Games not to buy... - Jul 23, 2004 19:02

These are games I hated, but many loved:

1) Devil May Cry - brilliant story, super cool, great graphics, ***e gameplay, crap camera angles, absolute garbage. Never have i been so disappointed in recent times with a game. DO NOT BUY!

Oh My God you are SOOO Dead!!lol

Don' t look now but I think I see comrade fathoms in the distance, charging towards you with a spear!!

If I could describe the game with one short phrase I think I' d say " Incredibly Stylish" .
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Games not to buy... - Jul 24, 2004 23:01
No, I never ' got' Devil May Cry. I ended up getting killed over and over again by things and in the end it just wasn' t fun anymore. I did my best but the bosses would constantly kick my ass and there seemed little I could do about it even though I knew exactly how to beat them.

I can' t think of any crap games I' ve played recently. I don' t buy games unless I know I' m going to like them anyway. Manhunt was a bit disappointing. I got it at the same time I got Prince of Persia and wanted to like Manhunt. I got to the Mall level and was quite liking it but PoP just wanted to be played so much more. In the end I finished PoP but forgot Manhunt and moved onto another game (console. I got my X-Box. Haha).
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Games not to buy... - Jul 28, 2004 17:51
Brute Force- " The Next Halo" . If by the next Halo they meant " Halos repetitive levels and enimies (and Im definately not bashing Halo, look at my sig., Halo fans will know what Oly Oly Oxen Free means) minus the fun of halo, balanced weapons, and fun multiplayer" they got that right. It was bad, but may have scored better had not my (and everyone elses) expectations had been so high.

Driv3r- How is this a top seller?

True Crime- Just goes to show that if a game sucks you can still sell it to the mainstream public

The Chronicles of Riddick- It will cause your girlfriend to leave you, cause you to loose your job, and give you many sleepless nights. (and for those of you that are stupid, Im saying its a good game, its just too damn addictive)
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Games not to buy... - Aug 18, 2004 02:23
My choice for bad XBOX game is: Knight' s Apprentice

Save points so far apart that you had to play for over an hour just to save the game!

Creatures had pre-set areas that they could travel within, but not beyond.

Game was out-and-out the most boring and tedious game I have ever played.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Games not to buy... - Aug 18, 2004 02:33
WWE Raw 1 and 2. 2 had some potential it just didnt quite par up to other wrestling games.

O ya and Elder Scroll 3:Morrowind...because it will take 100% control of yer life! But its still a great game.
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: Games not to buy... - Aug 18, 2004 13:25
chicken run! yeah, i have a knack for buying shitty games. the second xenosaga was also disappointing for me. It just seemed slow compared to the FF series
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Games not to buy... - Aug 18, 2004 13:28

Oh My God you are SOOO Dead!!lol

Don' t look now but I think I see comrade fathoms in the distance, charging towards you with a spear!!

If I could describe the game with one short phrase I think I' d say " Incredibly Stylish" .

Absolutely. Pierre, whether you liked it or not, I would think that you shouldn' t advise people not to buy the game when it' s not only one of the highest rated games of this generation (and arguably the best action game by a longshot), but also one of the highest rated in history. The vast majority love it...if I' m going to advise someone on a " do not buy" basis, I wouldn' t list MGS 2, even though I hated it. Get it?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message