Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Battle of the early Titans...
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
Battle of the early Titans... - Jul 13, 2005 10:49
I know it' s July, but I just couldn' t resist.

In the first quarter of 2005, we got our hands on three BIG titles on three DIFFERENT consoles. First, Resident Evil 4 for gamecube, and then God of War for the Playstation, and later Jade Empire for the Xbox.

Which of these three games is your favorite? For me, these are my opinions..

God of War- I would never own this game because it is just too violent and mature. I' m seventeen, but it' s just too much. It' s very well made though, although I have some problems with the camera view.

Resident Evil 4- The camera for this game on the other hand, was perfect. the Over the shoulder view was great. But, again, I wouldn' t buy this game because it is too violent. But I' ll admit it is ALOT more fun than God of War.

Jade Empire- I LOVE this game. It' s rich, deep, immense, and although I have to complain about the random fast fighting system and the voice acting, it is just too much fun to resist. It' s not perfect, though, and in many cases it doesn' t seem as polished as RE4, which is just sublime, but with Jade Empire, you know you' re part of something special.

As a gamer, Jade empire would be my pick, but as a critic, I would say that RE4 is up there, seriously. It' s atmospheric, the boss battles are ghastly, and the zombies and sooo smart. But with Jade Empire, I found it tame enough to play again and again, and it was just fun.

What do you guys think?
JoeRediferIsCool

• Total Posts : 74
RE: Battle of the early Titans... - Jul 13, 2005 15:20
I think that Resident evl 4 beats em all becasue of good graphix and great gameplay. Altho i was a liitle underimpressed by the story line
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Battle of the early Titans... - Jul 14, 2005 02:33
I don' t think that Jade Empire is directly comparable to RE4 and GOW. If I had to rank these games, RE4 would be at the top, followed VERY closely by GOW. As an experience, Jade Empire was fantastic, but as a game it left a little to be desired.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Battle of the early Titans... - Jul 14, 2005 05:23
My personal preference (in priority order):

Jade Empire
RE4
GOW
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Battle of the early Titans... - Jul 14, 2005 14:18
I' ve never played Resident Evil so I can' t compare; however, I' ve played Jade Empire twice thru and absolutely love it for the RPG it is. I' m currently playing and totally enthralled with God of War and find it an amazing game in its own right.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll