Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 03, 2007 05:22
Just check out their front page.

Absolutely brilliant. More people need to stand up to these folks when they' re conducting themselves inappropriately.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 03, 2007 19:46
Haha, awesome. I guess Gamespot might sense an opportunity to make some extra cash there.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 03, 2007 20:00
Eddie, you use Vista?

I recently acquired Vista... How' s it like with cracked programs? Does it arrest you?

Because I specifically want to use Adobe Photoshop and 3DS Max, and because
they wouldn' t allow me to get it with XP, I' m lumped with Vista.

Or does anybody else know??
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 03, 2007 20:12
if the software is vista compatible, every cracked xp software will work on vista cracked like a charm, it won' t stop you.
Tiz

RE: Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 03, 2007 20:51
Oh, ok, so Vista has no security police men, that will track that you' re using
cracked software?

So I can just put them on and access the internet without fear?
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 03, 2007 21:32
I do believe Eddie is using xp black market or something which he has set to look like vista. no the pc won' t arrest you, but if you get any kind of mail about getting a free 360, don' t go if you like being out of jail.

Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 04, 2007 05:36

Eddie, you use Vista?

I recently acquired Vista... How' s it like with cracked programs? Does it arrest you?

Because I specifically want to use Adobe Photoshop and 3DS Max, and because
they wouldn' t allow me to get it with XP, I' m lumped with Vista.

Or does anybody else know??

I wouldn' t use Vista if you tied me to a piece of Amish furniture and sodomized me with the boot-disk.

I' m currently running Windows 2000 on one PC, and windows XP Black on the other (the one I usually post from). It looks hot, it' s got the gadget bar (which is more useful than I first gave it credit for), and it doesn' t double check with me every time I exhale without first asking permission.

Dude! If you' re worrying about cracked programs, why are you settling for Vista?! Downgrade for epic win!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 04, 2007 05:36
The sidebar that says " Discuss gaming news, start a blog, fight boredom" ... at first glance I thought it said " Discuss gaming news, start a big fight."
Tiz

RE: Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 04, 2007 06:18

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

I wouldn' t use Vista if you tied me to a piece of Amish furniture and sodomized me with the boot-disk.

I' m currently running Windows 2000 on one PC, and windows XP Black on the other (the one I usually post from). It looks hot, it' s got the gadget bar (which is more useful than I first gave it credit for), and it doesn' t double check with me every time I exhale without first asking permission.

Dude! If you' re worrying about cracked programs, why are you settling for Vista?! Downgrade for epic win!

Hmm, I may just install XP on the PC tbh. I asked them if I could have it with Xp,
they said up yours you arsehole, so I had to settle for Vista. I' m just wondering
in case I wanted to use Vista before my friend arrives in the country again with
a cracked XP, as I am itching to do some photoshop and 3D work on a quad-core
PC.

However if Vista will track me and arrest me then I' ll just wait for XP. But, if I can
put some cracked software on it AND still use the internet without keeping one
eye open, then I' ll do that.

So I need a definitive answer.

Aba, you say you can, do you use Vista and cracked software? Or did you hear
it through the grapevine?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 04, 2007 06:40
Vista is fine. I really like it. It came with my XPS and after using it going back to XP on my laptop feels like a step down. The only bothersome things I' ve dealt with are the User Account warning thing. Make sure to turn that off right away. When you try to install something it asks you multiple times if you really want to do it which just gets annoying. The other thing is there is some driver / stability issue with NVidia graphics cards. It' s an off and on thing. Hardly ever happens but it' ll cause your display driver to crash in the middle of a game. Rare though so not much to worry about.

If you are getting 64-bit you may have a few extra problems to deal with (driver issues, apple products like iTunes and Quicktime don' t work properly, doesn' t recognize iPod Touch or iPhone, etc...) but you get to use more ram.

When it comes down to it Vista can do pretty much everything XP can do it' s just been given a spiffier UI and is a little easier to navigate. It has some bugs but thus far it' s been waaaaaaaaaaaaay more stable than XP was for me (I haven' t had a crash yet).

As for cracked programs, they work like a charm. No problems at all.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 04, 2007 06:42

I asked them if I could have it with Xp,
they said up yours you arsehole,

Out of curiosity, who' s " them" and " they" ? Your employer, or the people you bought a PC from?

I' d definitely suggest making the jump backwards, however if you' ve got no other choice, cracked software works just fine on Vista. I' ve spent more hours than I care to recall coping with family members computers.
Tiz

RE: Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 04, 2007 06:45
" Them" and " they" are in fact the people I purchased my PC from yes.

So Vista handles cracked programs, and I er won' t get in trouble? So what' s this
I have been hearing that Vista was built to crack down on this kind of thing???

Useless POS UI.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 04, 2007 06:47

ORIGINAL: Tiz

So Vista handles cracked programs, and I er won' t get in trouble? So what' s this
I have been hearing that Vista was built to crack down on this kind of thing???

That' s the Mac lovers that don' t know what they are talking about. Don' t blieve those people. I lived with two of them and their Mac G5s for over a year... they are crazy.
Tiz

RE: Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 04, 2007 06:53
That is it! Everything is going on to my PC NOW!

Thanks for the advice guys, I' m glad all this stuff about being behind bars can be
put behind us. YES!
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 04, 2007 07:52

That' s the Mac lovers that don' t know what they are talking about. Don' t blieve those people. I lived with two of them and their Mac G5s for over a year... they are crazy.

We don' t say that' s stuff, we just don' t use vista. Though some Mac users have been affected by the whole " I am a Mac, I am PC" commercials, so you might have been living with two of those. Though we are a little craze

Edit: Oh yeah, about the topic, gamespot deserves the s^&t they are getting!
< Message edited by chimura -- 3 Dec 07 23:52:57 >
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Destructoid' s Opinion of Gamespot - Dec 04, 2007 08:42

However if Vista will track me and arrest me then I' ll just wait for XP. But, if I can
put some cracked software on it AND still use the internet without keeping one
eye open, then I' ll do that.

Vista is fine point blank You will not go to jail I use nothing but the greatest and latest black market software. I been doing so since the launch of vista. Trust me you are fine. Another thing Is vista is a Memory hog.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll