Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Commodore Making a Comeback.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 08, 2007 00:24
LINK

I definitely didn' t see this coming.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 08, 2007 00:40
I hope they can get support from the rest of the gaming industry, I remember the sprite based games I made in the 80' s on an amiga. Here' s hoping they don' t make the same mistakes.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 08, 2007 01:07
From the sounds of it they have picked up the branding cheaply.. They will have to play their cards right or they will end up the Lada of gaming! Slightly dubious that a machine with its roots in the UK industry being launched in Germany in a couple of months time and we haven' t really heard anything about it here yet!
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 08, 2007 01:25
" High-end gaming PC' s" ? Like Falcon Northwest or Alienware? If that' s the case, then I probably won' t be interested.

Does anyone know what you have to do to get ahold of a Commodore 64 nowadays? I' ve only heard of them, never played one. I' d like to, though.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 08, 2007 01:32

Does anyone know what you have to do to get ahold of a Commodore 64 nowadays?

You should be able to get one on ebay.
alijay034

RE: Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 08, 2007 01:38
Go for an Amiga either 600 or the 600 HD, the graphics were so much better on the Amiga than the 64.

Commodore tried to enter the PC market in the early 90' s after the PC market went M$ in the home. Shame as Amiga DOS was a lot friendlier than MSDos.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 08, 2007 02:04
Thanks alijay, and what where you doing in the 80' s where you made sprite-based games? Where you a developer or just doing it as a hobby?
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 08, 2007 02:56
You' d be better getting a C64 emulator - sure they had some good titles, but generally you wont get understand the feeling of the dubious quality of arcade ports as it felt back then!

Lol I remember the ST vs. Amiga vs. Megadrive battles of day' s gone by - nothings really changed since then either! The trusty 68000 has been in production for over 27 years now... thats going some!
alijay034

RE: Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 08, 2007 06:47
Hmm the 80' s what a very bad decade that was, crap fashion, crap music and the football was crap. I was a teenager for all but 3 of the years in the 80' s, so it was just a hobby when I was messing about with my Fathers A 2000 then later on my very own A600HD.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 08, 2007 09:53
I had an Amiga 500, and enjoyed the fact that I could use my Master System control pads with it.

But this " Commodore" is surely in name only, just as " Atari" is now. I can' t imagine that all the old engineers got on the phone tree and were like, " How ' bout we get it back together, fellas?"
alijay034

RE: Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 08, 2007 16:55
Of course it would be in name only, anyone thinking otherwise would be very naive, however I am hoping that the company ethos might still be there, commodore as a brand in the 70' s,80' s and the very early 90' s was quite as high profile name.
alijay034

RE: Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 16, 2007 00:36
Here are the specs for the new Commodore gaming machine / PC

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/03/15/commodore_back_gaming_pc/

I think if the price is right this could be a half decent machine.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 17, 2007 07:18
So theyre making brand name PCs.

Who cares?

Anyone who buys pre-built computers is a moron, I guarantee their PCs will cost twice as much as anything you can build yourself.
alijay034

RE: Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 17, 2007 07:54
Yes you are correct you could build a PC for less than most manufacturers, but how many people and I am taking general public, not IT literate people, would now how to do that?

Yes brand name is not the best way to go, but for a numpty to be able to play games at a decent rate then yes they should go for it.

As for Commodore, ok it is not the great commodore of the 70' s and 80' s, but still the name is somewhat historical in the world of IT and home computing as we see it today.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 17, 2007 13:27
I was building computers when I was in my teens. You don' t need to have a PhD to build a PC, any dumb fuck can do it.

If you can change your car' s tires and oil, you can build 10 PCs. Just stop being a dumb fuck and do it.

When your tires blow out on the road do you call some towing company to take you to a mechanic so he can swap the tire out and spend $150 in the process, or do you just get off your fat ass, grab your tools, take off the bad tire and put in your spare in 10 mins for free?

People who buy brand name PCs are like people who go to a fucking mechanic to change a tire - lazy worthless stupid fat fucks, simple as that.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 17 Mar 07 5:33:53 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Commodore Making a Comeback. - Mar 17, 2007 14:24
That' s complete bullshit, talking about using tools to change a tire. I unscrew the bolts with my teeth while I' m holding the chassis off the ground by hand. People who use brand name tools are garbage trash shit fucks! Ass trash! Shit garbage!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll