Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What is the worst game you' ve played for --
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 42
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 17, 2004 04:51
This gen?

Last gen?

Ever?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 17, 2004 04:58
Worst this generation? Hmmm..
Resident Evil Gaiden! While it' s a GameBoy Color game, It was released sometime during this generation.

My most hated console game this generation is Jak & Daxter.. Keep in mind it' s the game I probably hate the most this generation, not the " worst" in quality as those are different things.

Worst game I played last generation was Space Hulk on the Saturn.

Worst game I played during the 16-bit era??? Hmm It' s a toss up between Paperboy 2 and Double Dragon 5.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 17, 2004 05:36
This generation:
Something on the Xbox. Can' t remember what it was called or even much about the game. It was rented by a friend. Sinful Sam or something? Not sure. Runner up is Dead Man' s Hand (Xbox) for having the absolute worst presentation in a game ever. Bad, glitchy graphics, horrendous sound design (the worst ever in the history of sound), stupid gameplay, and just all around a nauseous game.

Last Generation:
Virtual Hydlide on the Saturn. Ug. Some of the worst graphics ever accompanied by extremely slow gameplay. Runner up is just about any Nintendo 64 game for having graphics so extremely poor that there were ass-shaped holes burned into my retinas.

16-bit generation:
Budokan for the Sega Genesis. Very slow computer port. Electronic Arts had a long meeting where they discussed whether they should make good games or if they should continue making horrific unplayable games like they always had. Fortunately Electronic Arts decided that they would rather make good games instead, and they had the programmers who were responsible for Budokan fired and murdered. Runner up is Ishido: Way of the Stones by Accolade, proving once again that PC programmers were not skilled enough to work on home consoles. Accolade later improved by adding some amount of movement to their games, but to this day they still pretty much suck.

8-bit generation:
F16 Fighting Falcon for the Sega Master System. Non-existent graphics and slow play all combined to fit on one tiny Sega card (not cartridge). This game was sooo bad that Sega went out of their way to make absolutely sure that it could not be played on the Genesis via the Power Base Converter, and it even says that on the box. Runner up would be just about any 3rd party NES game that wasn' t popular, like Total Recall.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 6/16/2004 11:42:30 PM >
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 17, 2004 05:41

This generation:
Something on the Xbox. Can' t remember what it was called or even much about the game. It was rented by a friend. Sinful Sam or something?

Serious Sam
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 17, 2004 13:11
Joe: I believe you' re thinking of Serious Sam. A seriously mindless FPS, best played on PC, right?

As for me-

Worst this generation:

Army Men: Green Rogue (PS2)

Okay, WTF was this? Some kind of joke, right? Could ANYONE play this game?

Pulse Racer (Xbox)

Well, if you' re looking for a racer that doubles as a vomitorium, look no further.

Driven (PS2, GC)

Maybe somebody could explain to me how a car can completely disappear after being involved in a crash, and how the most terrible racing physics constitute " entertainment" ?

Kabuki Warriors (Xbox)

A fighting game that was just atrocious. Good luck trying to figure out how this game ever got released.

Big Rigs (PC)

LOL This game is worth a laugh, that' s for sure. It' s actually worth paying the price of admission to see how bad games can get.

Last generation-

Superman (N64)

Ugh. Just...ugh.

Beyblade (PSOne)

I didn' t realize fighting games could sink this low; it was like a six-year-old made the game, and even constructed the physics. This particular game engine was AWFUL. A spinning-top fighting game?!

Revolution X (PSOne)

Betcha didn' t think rail-shooters could get this bad. Oh, but they do. Find one redeeming aspect of this game, and I' ll give you money.

There were so many bad ones in the 8 and 16-bit days, I can' t possibly remember them all. Some were exrutiatingly bad, others were just repulsive. I try to recall those times with a fondness for all the great classics.

1handle

• Total Posts : 11
RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 17, 2004 17:47
This generation:

What was that awful Bruce Lee game Xbox put out? Oh yeah, it was Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon. That was just an unfortunate rental weekend for me.

Enter the Matrix: Maybe not the worst, but certainly the most disappointing.

And I liked Serious Sam! You go in, blow stuff up, run around, blow more stuff up... Hmm.
skurf

• Total Posts : 85
RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 17, 2004 18:02
This gen = Goblin Commander

Last gen = Final Fantasy 7

Ever = Solomon' s Key on original Nintendo
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 17, 2004 18:40
this gen? drake of the 99 dragons.
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 28, 2004 14:19
hmmm, i think its called project eden, it was sum strange 3rd person adventure game or something, whatever it was it was bad.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 28, 2004 17:59
Run Like Hell - means run like hell away from this game![:' (]
metroidhunter2004

• Total Posts : 14
RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 30, 2004 01:53
This Gen-
XBOX- Oddworld: Abe' s Oddesey (if you spell it like that)
GC- Pokemon Collosseum
Ps2- Megaman X7
Last Gen-
Ps1- Grand Theft Auto 1& 2
DragonballZ Ultimate Battle22
FinalFantasy Tatics

N64- Hey you pikachu (WTF he won' t do what I say)

Old School Gen- Nintendo- Donkey Kong (They Made the same old game since Atari!!!)
fathoms

RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 30, 2004 03:22
Whaaa...?

metroidhunter, I know you' re new here, but if you EVER put Final Fantasy Tactics on anything but a Best Games In History List again, I' ll hunt you down, spill your guts, and make you eat them with a freakin' spoon. Get me?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 30, 2004 03:51
Ummmm... how can you eat your own guts, when you will have nothing to digest them with? Think about it. You are eating your own digestive sysetm, so does that actually constitute " eating" ? Also, I think a fork would be a far more appropriate utencil, as the organs are slippery and would easily slide off of a spoon. Therefore I highly recommend you keep downplaying Final Fantasy Tactics, as Fathoms won' t be able to keep his promise.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 6/30/2004 3:52:40 AM >
fathoms

RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 30, 2004 12:38
You' re missing the point of torture. I want to see what happens when someone tries to digest something without the ability to actually digest it. It' s also far too easy to use a fork...torture ain' t supposed to be easy.
metroidhunter2004

RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 30, 2004 14:39
lol but all you did on that game was move people around as if they were checkers. It got boring the first minute I played it.
fathoms

RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 30, 2004 16:15
Uh...okay dude. It' s called strategy, which you played for...one minute, you said? It' s also widely considered to be one of the best games ever made among RPG fans, and even among regular critics.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/fft/reviews/fftrevbch.aspx

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/strategy/finalfantasytactics/review.aspx

I' m guessing you don' t play many RPG' s or strategy titles...
metroidhunter2004

RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 30, 2004 17:10
No I do play RPG and strategy TITLES ITS JUST THAT FINAL FAnstasy Tactics seems to be the most boring. besides I don' t just play video games all Day.
fathoms

RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 30, 2004 17:23
So, maybe you can tell me what strategy games you' ve played that aren' t as " boring" ?
skurf

• Total Posts : 85
RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 30, 2004 20:04
LoL, what a surprise...fathoms telling someone their opinion of a video game is wrong...who would' ve thunk.

So, maybe you can tell me what strategy games you' ve played that aren' t as " boring" ?

StarCraft, WarCraft II & III, Age of Empires/Mythology, Rise of Nations.
fathoms

RE: What is the worst game you' ve played for -- - Jun 30, 2004 20:26
I' m sorry xtard, did I ask for your input? Get back inside MS' s ass for a while, where you belong.

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 42

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message