Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The best game u have played ?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
SpeedFreak

• Total Posts : 26
The best game u have played ? - Sep 15, 2004 19:08
What is the Best game u have ever played, not wot other ppl have said is a great game but wot is the best game u have ever played ?
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 15, 2004 20:17
I' ll start so everyone can laugh...but after 20+ years of gaming, I can say that the best game I' ve ever played is Final Fantasy Tactics. I' m the only one that' s going to pick it, but that' s fine by me.

It' s nice to be unique every once in a while.
SpeedFreak

• Total Posts : 26
RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 15, 2004 20:23
If u been gaming for 20 + years u must have skill wot other games do u enjoy is it just like RPG and RTS or is it all kind of gaming ?
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 15, 2004 21:46
Fathoms, I tend to agree with that assesment Tactics is awesome. But picking a favourite game is like selecting a favourite movie, you just can' t do it. Or at least I can' t.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 16, 2004 01:02
I to have been gaming for 20+ years and picking a favorite game is an impossible task for me since I enjoy many different types of genres and have played kicka$$ games in mostly all of them.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 16, 2004 02:56
To pick just one, over all the rest, let' s see...

I would have to say Solar Eclipse on the Sega Saturn. This game offered rail-style gameplay, with multiple paths, similar to Panzer Dragoon. Being able to fly between two verticle pillars, then flipping back to horizontal, was quite awesome. My eyes would go crazy when playing this game!!!

The completion of that game was both a happy and sad day...happy to finally have beaten the game, and sad because the game was over. There was always the replay value...

fathoms

RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 16, 2004 04:03

If u been gaming for 20 + years u must have skill wot other games do u enjoy is it just like RPG and RTS or is it all kind of gaming ?

Don' t assume that everyone who' s been playing games for a long time has " skill." I mean, I do, of course, but still...

My favorite genre is, and will probably always remain, role-playing or RPG/strategy. However, I' ll play just about anything so long as it' s good. I guess I' d put them in this order:

RPG/strategy
Action/adventure
FPS
Sports/Racing
Platformer
Rhythm/dance

The only thing I really don' t play is MMORPG' s, flight sims, or strict arcade games. I' m not really into fighters either, but I do love the Soul Calibur and DoA series.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 16, 2004 04:04
HALO.

The game i played the most and had the most fun playing. Especially at LAN parties.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 16, 2004 16:07
The game I remember having the most fun with is Sonic & Knuckles with Sonic 3 locked onto it (Making ' Sonic 3 & Knuckles' ). But thats got the hazy glow of childhood all over it.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 17, 2004 00:22
Hmmm Super Mario All-Stars for the Super Nintendo. You can' t beat 3 classics in one.
fathoms

RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 17, 2004 03:49
^^^^^^^^^^

That' s a good one. Got that classic sitting in the SNES right now.
whatabout_paul

RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 17, 2004 12:19
I can' t quite comprehend the fact that there is a generation of kids out there who will never know the joy of playing a Megadrive or a Snes...
NukeouT

• Total Posts : 40
RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 17, 2004 22:50
Arcanum - RPG
Morrowind - RPG
Quake III Arena - FPS
HALO - FPS
Castle Wolfenstein - FPS
Baulder' s Gate Series - RPG D&D
GTA II, III, III:VC - FPS/RPG

I cant belive some of these like GTA, BG, and QIII havent been mentioned yet! Well I get to do the honors then heh?
paul_pso

• Total Posts : 11
RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 18, 2004 00:49
its a hard one, i mean i thought ocarina of time was simply amazing but i remember when i first got mario 64, before that my experiance of 3d gaming went about as far as sega rally or sonic R, but that game was just amazing, so much better than say mario sunshine cause all the levels were sooo different and totaly unique, big snowy places, a giant clock! that big and small level where u can be....big or small... Amazing! but when i think about it i reeally enjoyed the likes of Shenmue 1-2, FF7 & 10, BANJO KAZOOIE!!! ^^ wind waker was great too, and panzer dragoon saga, oh oh and majoras mask, in the end id have to say ocarina of time, close call between M64 but...it was my first zelda game and...it was just...amazing, its what got me hooked on the adventure rpg types like FF games
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 18, 2004 02:15
super metroid, no questions asked.
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 18, 2004 07:08
sorry about the repetitive affirmation, but StarCraft, no doubt about that...fun then..fun now...fun future...
City Hunter

• Total Posts : 40
RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 18, 2004 15:04
Shenmue (I & II) is the best game I ever played on any consoles.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 19, 2004 01:43
I change my original answer from Solar Eclipse...that is now second on my all-time best game played list.

The best game I have ever played was called Road Rash. I like the Sega Genesis versions the best, but the post-Genesis 3D versions were OK, too.

My change is due to an article I read in this month' s Game Informer magazine.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/19/2004 1:44:36 AM >
badboy104

• Total Posts : 19
RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 20, 2004 18:03
After ten years of non-stop gaming, the best game i have played has got to be burnout 3.

No other game comes close to its speed and the rush you get playing it
whatabout_paul

RE: The best game u have played ? - Sep 20, 2004 18:39
Burnout 3 is the best racing game I' ve ever played but I don' t think its the best game I' ve ever played. The burning laps and preview races are annoying the hell out of me!

DaRoosh65, a friend and I were hooked on Road Rash. Number 2 was the best of the series n my opinion. Number 3 tried too hard and looked a bit like techno puke. Erm yes... but back in ' the day' there was nothing more satisfactory than riding up next to someone on a bike and stealing their weapon. Actually riding up to the leader and hitting them with a crowbar (complete with satisfying *CLUNK!* metal hitting skull sound effect) was way better just because it usually knocked them off their bike in one hit. *sigh*

It was Burnout of the 16 bit era!!!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread