Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Official E3 Countdown!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 54
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 08, 2005 16:40

Kikizo will be filming all of the conferences as usual (direct feed as well)

I highly suggest videotaping instead of filming, that way you won' t have to send it out for processing and transfer it to video via a telecine machine for viewing on a TV.

Also, what is this " direct feed" you speak of? Is that supposed to mean " streaming" ? Blech. I' m more than happy just downloading the entire thing and watching it in higher quality without any hiccups.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 08, 2005 21:14
9 Days remaining till the doors to E3 open
|
V
8 Days till the start of the press conferences
|
V
6 Days till Terry lands in the seedy side of Downtown LA
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 9 May 05 6:15:27 >
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 08, 2005 21:38

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Kikizo will be filming all of the conferences as usual (direct feed as well)

I highly suggest videotaping instead of filming, that way you won' t have to send it out for processing and transfer it to video via a telecine machine for viewing on a TV.

Also, what is this " direct feed" you speak of? Is that supposed to mean " streaming" ? Blech. I' m more than happy just downloading the entire thing and watching it in higher quality without any hiccups.

We obtain direct feed of the conferences including the footage and then pay to convert this very fast. In addition we film it as well. So best of both. It' s what IGN and GameSpot do. You don' t need to use a telecine machine for this sort of thing. We have our own ways. ;-)
Joe Redifer

RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 08, 2005 21:57
Then I highly suggest using 35mm film instead of wimpy formats like 16mm or (God forbid) Super8. Try to shoot it with an anamorphic lens so you get the 2.40:1 aspect ratio for when you show it in the theater. I recommend Ariflex and Panavsion. If possible, try to tap right into the microphone onstage. This will comeout of the center channel. Then try to have 5 different mics at different places around the room so you can get the crowd noise which will later be mixed back into Dolby Digital 5.1. If there is music then you might want a mic that can pick up low frequencies well for the subwoofer channel.

Can' t wait for the DVD!
Terry Bogard

RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 08, 2005 21:59
To compliment the E3 Preview on the front page I' ll toss in one of my own predictions for this year' s show.

I predict that for the 2nd or 3rd year in a row, Square Enix will remain the biggest b' tches at the show - constantly preventing people from snapping pictures or recording any kind of footage of their games...
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 9 May 05 6:16:57 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 09, 2005 06:58
Well if Squaresoft does remain the biggest bunch of bitches at the show, then make sure it' s their asses you get Reggie to kick and take names while he' s doing it, as you promised earlier.
Adam Doree

RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 09, 2005 14:14

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

To compliment the E3 Preview on the front page I' ll toss in one of my own predictions for this year' s show.

I predict that for the 2nd or 3rd year in a row, Square Enix will remain the biggest b' tches at the show - constantly preventing people from snapping pictures or recording any kind of footage of their games...

Yes, I can confirm this will be the case this year. They told me so. It' s a goddamn farce.
Adam Doree

RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 09, 2005 14:19

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Then I highly suggest using 35mm film instead of wimpy formats like 16mm or (God forbid) Super8.
Can' t wait for the DVD!

This is what I am saying... By plugging into the feed you get pro results anyway, including direct feed of any footage that is shown during the conference. And in terms of our own filming we' re using several high grade DV cameras, that' s all that' s needed really.

Panavisions are joke expensive. We do have one staffer who probably has access to that sort of kit, but it' s way too high end for what' s needed here, not even top tier broadcast outlets would need tech that expensive to film the conferences.

There' s no DVD per say. It' s just all going online for free again, like last year, but better. ;-)
Terry Bogard

RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 09, 2005 15:05

Yes, I can confirm this will be the case this year. They told me so. It' s a goddamn farce.

Try all they might but I WILL get them! I' m snapping and filming games using my *sneaky cam in an E3 bag* trick and there' s nothing they can do ab00t it!
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 09, 2005 17:09
You go terry! Stick it to the man!
Terry Bogard

RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 09, 2005 17:40
Haha, I just realized that my camera' s remote is gonna come in pretty handy at the Square Enix booth, hehe.. And all along I thought the remote was kind of a useless device, hehe..
Adam Doree

RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 09, 2005 18:44
Don' t forget to use nearby stands to get a high vantage point from the staff-only area (any old bs usually gets you up there) so you can zoom right in and get as much footage as you like (no sound obv) without some jobsworth monkey telling you " no camera" .

Square Enix really does need to take a look at its relationship with the media though. I know very BIG publications that are shunning all Square coverage this year because of its ridiculous attitute towards distribution / permissions with all sorts of assets.

You have my full support Bogard...
Joe Redifer

RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 09, 2005 20:36
If you want to zoom from afar, please use a tripod! Also, don' t wander into your camera' s " digital zoom" mode. Turn off digital zoom if you can. What that does is scale the picture for a zoom effect... you don' t get the additional detail as you would with a real through-the-lens zoom.

Square is stupid if they don' t want their games videotaped or pictured. Why even show them, then?
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 10 May 05 4:37:11 >
Terry Bogard

RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 09, 2005 20:46
man you should have seen them last year.. One guy was checking out their new Final Fantasy game, liked what he saw, took out his camera and was about to snap a picture or two of the game,,, an approaching Squaresoft rep LITERALLY leaped in front of him with his hand blocking the camera' s view -- Very similar to the way basketball players always leap in front of the player with the ball trying to block a pass or knock the ball out of their hands. I couldn' t believe that s**t! lol. The rep actually Leaped and blocked the poor guy' s shot! Gawd how pathetic, they act like they have the most top secret games that can' t be filmed.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 09, 2005 23:21
I would have done the same. If I' m getting paid to be at E3 I wouldn' t let some punk reporter mess that up.

SQUARE: Terry! Did that uber top secret beyond amazing super doper hidden blockbuster title get leaked to the public on your watch!!

TERRY: Might of....

Terry Bogard

RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 09, 2005 23:29
lol.. I could understand if they did that with a super high profile game but they do it with EVERY game at their booth.. Both low key titles and prominant ones.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 10, 2005 07:27
You have tounderstand Terry, Squaresoft has to protect EVERY game they are making cause they are ALL so sought after! Can you imagine if word of the much anticipated Driving Emotion Type S 2 got out before an official advert campaign!!!! It would be Mayhem!, there would be riots in the streets, government would fall, and maybe just maybe it would spark an interest if they ever do make the crappy game. Einheinder 2 however, that would be a different story.....droooling.

what a bunch of idiots.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 10 May 05 15:28:09 >
Terry Bogard

RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 10, 2005 14:58
This is how you get Square Enix, LOL

http://www.spyemporium.com/spy_cameras_security_video_sunglasses_camera.aspx

Don' t worry, I' m not going that route but it sure would have been sweet!! Now if they weren' t sunglasses and were more like prescription-type glasses or reading glasses then MAYBE, hehe

As for the distant - ZOOM stuff mentioned earlier, sounds like a great idea even though I have no tripod, might consider getting one who knows. BUT the one trick I LOVE doing and it worked during my first E3 was to seek out a rep and go stand right next to them and then film the game using whatever sneaky method you have. I know it sounds crazy but it does work. lol... They' re so busy keeping an eye out for people in the distance using cameras that they don' t even give the guy standing next to them a second look.. I managed to record a nice amount of Final Fantasy X footage that way, hehe...
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 10 May 05 23:36:34 >
Terry Bogard

RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 10, 2005 17:31
8 Days remaining till the doors to E3 burst open
|
V
7 Days till the start of the press conferences
|
V
5 Days till Terry lands in the hooker haven of Downtown LA
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 11 May 05 1:33:37 >
Joe Redifer

RE: The Official E3 Countdown! - May 10, 2005 19:55
How many days until the chronic diarrhea begins?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 54

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message