Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov!
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 52
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Nov 28, 2004 01:44
FORUM WINNERS: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov!

So we' ve been pretty busy running Kikizo for the last five months... but, as we' ve kept reminding the more anxious posters among this fine community, Kikizo' s fantastic offer of a free game a month for the best members is still alive and well, and back in full force as we reveal the winners for the last five months of forum activity!

These winners should all get in contact by PM' ing me, and letting me know which game they would like, which format (eg PS2) which territory (i.e. NTSC-US, NTSC-JP or PAL) along with their real name in full, postal address, including country.

As always it was tough to choose the winners but we think the selection of these five guys is pretty much irrefutable, although we' ll admit there were a couple of you who only JUST missed the mark. Many of these winners have been solid members of the forum for a long time now and it' s about time they had a free game for their contribution to the boards! Anyway, on with the winners:

JULY 2004
Yoshimitsu15 - an obvious one really, yosh has been here for a long time and has posted consistently for as long as we can remember, having racked up an impressive 648 posts to date.

AUG 2004
DaRoosh65 - DaRoosh actually joined half way through the month of August but we feel this is the month he deserved instant recognition for his participation, and the subsequent months all had to get other winners. With 1164 posts, DaRoosh is the second highest poster on the forum, second only to Mass X, who won this contest in April. As a result Roosh is possibly the fastest poster the forum has seen - and yet the posts are not just " any old crap" (something our original contest guidelines stressed will not win the prize). Having said that, DaRoosh did go on to post TOO MANY new topics from around September time... if nobody is replying to 90% of your topics, it' s not a good balance, but he later accepted this of his own accord in this post. There is a lot more activity now than there was in September, so it perhaps wouldn' t be so noticable now anyway.

SEP 2004
Rikka - this month was a close call but Rikka takes the month with her consistent level of posting and friendly approach to most everyone on the boards... Rikka has racked up 513 posts which places her 11th highest but it' s her good attitude that wins the prize.

OCT 2004
Starman Anthony - This fella has shown a load of enthusiasm about being a part of Kikizo' s Forums and we feel has generally been a good member. He' s also been quite prolific with 417 posts to date.

NOV 2004
Whatabout_paul - The month isn' t finished yet but we thought you' d all appreciate knowing the winner for November now rather than in ten years' time! whatabout_paul has been a superb poster for some time and this has continued throughout November. With 544 posts he' s again also one of the fastest posters since he only joined in July, but it' s Paul' s sociable participation and responsible use that has him a shiny new videogame.

Top Posters

For those who are interested, here is how the posting leaderboard currently stands (though remember it' s not JUST about number of posts, but also thoroughness, attitude, subjects covered, etc etc).

Mass X (Winner Apr04) ............ 1321
DaRoosh65 (Winner Aug04) ......... 1164
fathoms (Staff) ................... 963
Terry Bogard (Staff) .............. 933
Joe Redifer (Winner Jun04) ........ 789
Rampage99 (Staff) ................. 717
yoshimitsu15 (Winner Jul04) ....... 648
RavenShadow (Winner May04) ........ 616
lotusson (Winner Feb04) ........... 610
whatabout_paul (Winner Nov04) ..... 544
Rikka (Winner Sep04) .............. 513
Sharon ............................ 435
Starman Anthony (Winner Oct04) .... 417
vanswa garbutt .................... 363
immortaldanmx ..................... 347

Don' t forget, there are once again many new avatars to choose from. The upload feature is still broken (sigh), but we can upload your custom avatars for you if you like. See here for details. Otherwise just select a pre-available avatar from our growing bank by using the control panel.

Also...

Remember, we want the forums to be a place where everyone feels they are always up to speed on the latest gaming developments, so feel free to post more daily news here and then discuss it in depth.

That' s it for now! Let the feedback/backlash/congrats/tears commence! And remember it could be you next time! Don' t forget to have all your non-Kikizo gaming buddies converted to this place, beceuase we' re ACE and give away FREE VIDEOGAMES out of the GOODNESS OF OUR HEARTS - just to build a better games forum for everyone. We know the best is yet to come - so stay with us. :)

Useful Links

- Original Competition News / Rules
- Winners - Feb/March
- Winner - April
- Winners - May/June, Contest Update
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 11/28/2004 2:04:34 AM >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Nov 28, 2004 02:32
Congratulations all around !!! this seems appropriate to use the halo 2 quote

" Many said this day would never come...what are they to say now?"

Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Nov 28, 2004 03:07
Congratulations to everyone! Christmas came earlier than usual
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Nov 28, 2004 04:48
Wow I never thought I would win the October one haha. I am so surprised that I am shaking but maybe from the excitment. I am soooo happy and I wont stop posting I want to be like Mass X and be in the thousands heheh. Thanks everyone for making Kikizo soo much fun! Thanks for the free game too I never won anything in my life and now I can post in that topic where it asks if I ever won anything in my life that I won a free game here. Also expect to see more of my character art. Too bad I don' t get many comments but the hits is a lot so I know people are at least looking. Thanks you all and Adam
< Message edited by Starman Anthony -- 11/28/2004 5:59:00 AM >
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Nov 28, 2004 05:35
I would have never thought I would win either, lol. Well...time for me to choose what game I want...

Oh, and thanks for the free videogame as well...

*slaps head at rudeness*
< Message edited by yoshimitsu15 -- 11/28/2004 5:37:07 AM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Nov 28, 2004 07:53
Congrats you al! Be sure to choose a good game. I recommend Gradius V or Out Run 2, but you really should already own those. Actually there are a lot of games out now to choose from! I can' t wait to see what everyone picks.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Nov 28, 2004 10:57
Bout time we got some more winners chosen.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Nov 28, 2004 14:20
SCORE! *Runs over and kisses Adam on the lips*

I can' t believe I actually won. Scrolling down the members I thought I' d missed out on a prize thinking my posts in August and September had a better chance of winning. Wooooh! Thanks Adam.

I think this' ll get more people flocking to Kikizo over the coming weeks. A news story on the front page to direct more attention here wouldn' t help (that’s how I found the forum here the last time winners were announced). I just hope it won' t direct the wrong kind of people here, posting junk in a hope of winning. Everybody who has won so far have been great on the forum posting interesting comment regularly and just being ace people.

Thanks again. I’ll get in touch when I decide on a game. I never thought I’d win and I’m currently skint so I’ve been avoiding looking at new games since I rented Halo 2 about 3 times.

Congratulations to the other winners too, especially Starman who' s only been here 3 months! Everyone else deserved to win also.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Nov 28, 2004 15:35
I chose Ghost Recon 2...I' ve been hearing a lot of good things about this game so I can' t wait to play it.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Nov 28, 2004 16:38
Congrads Everyone!
I knew you could all do it.... haha
Mass X

RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Nov 28, 2004 18:46
Ghost Recon is a damn good game, a lil more scripted in some parts then the previous Ghost Recon. Overall tho, damn good fun with the new overhaul.
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Nov 29, 2004 00:02
-
<message edited by vanswa garbutt on May 30, 2012 06:42>
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Nov 29, 2004 17:16
Congratulations to all the winners...you are all well-deserving of this honor.

The real thanks goes to Adam, and all Kikizo members, who made it possible for me to become part of such a wonderful website.

Thank you for naming me August' s member of the month.

< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 11/29/2004 5:17:58 PM >
Starman Anthony

RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Nov 29, 2004 22:33
I can' t wait to see what games people picked. Too bad I don' t have an X-Box I would have gotten Halo 2. Or Fatal Frame II Directors Cut.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Nov 30, 2004 00:15
Congrats to everyone.
Starman Anthony

RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Dec 01, 2004 16:19
So has everybody picked out there games? I can' t wait to recieve mines ^.^
Mass X

RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Dec 01, 2004 16:44
Ya I' m wondering what everyone chose.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Dec 02, 2004 01:00
I chose Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders for the XBOX (NTSC-US).

I have been hearing nothing but praise for this game, and I can' t wait to receive it...it' s a combination between Dragon Force (Saturn) and Dynasty Warriors (any).

I have seen very little at Kikizo about this game. As such, when I play into it, I will provide my impressions.

WOW! I still can' t believe that I was named August' s winner!

Thanks to all Kikizo members!

And congrats to all of the other winners!
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Dec 02, 2004 03:30
Games chosen now listed on forums homepage!

And a note to the winners, the games have been ordered so they should be sent out before the end of the week.

Aren' t we ace.

Share the love! Save those users of lesser forums!
But with the usual disclaimer, no assholes here please! ;-)
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Forum Winners: July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov! - Dec 02, 2004 05:29

no assholes here please!

Damn! I knew there was a catch!
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 52

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages