Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
Jackelcy Dumas

• Total Posts : 58
PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 11, 2005 17:57
Tell me wich System do you think will Dominate.

I think the Ps3 will when because it is coming out after all the systems. I bet you they will add more things to there system. They just want to see what there compitition is going to do. Sony is slick and smart.
< Message edited by Jackelcy Dumas -- 12 Jul 05 9:03:55 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 11, 2005 19:22
In the U.S. it' s a tough call.. Microsoft is gonna have a nice head start so if they can maintain the momentum here they might just be able to capture the US market from Sony...

But they don' t stand a chance in Japan.. Sony has complete mindshare over consumers in the land of the Rising Sun and while having Square Enix support will help the Xbox 360 better penetrate that market, I see the PlayStation 3 as the equivalent of that giant tidal wave from the movie Deep Impact and the Xbox 360 is gonna be New York City in the path of that enormous wave ;).

Europe is another tough one to call, I think for the most part the European scene could mirror that of the U.S. if Microsoft plays its cards right.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 11, 2005 21:08
The new Sega system will cream those other 3 systems!

The PS3 is already starting to be stripped down. Already they have removed the full-featured internet router/switch that was included and will instead only have 1 ethernet jack. My predictions on what they get rid of next will be a bunch of USB ports (they don' t need 6), one of the HDMI ports, and the flux capacitor.
cpsethgt

• Total Posts : 57
RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 11, 2005 22:34
As if it weren' t a tough enough call between the 360 and PS3, Nintendo has yet to reveal what they' re planning. If it really is as revolutionary as they claim (and more than just a reconfigurable controller!), then they' ll likely be on top this time.

Somehow I doubt it, though. I' ve been disappointed by them too many times.
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 11, 2005 23:41
Hey Terry the PS3 will not be last. The Rev is going to come out last, i read that the president of Nintendo said they will be the last to come out last which may even be as late as Post E3.

I think Nintendo has the coolest feature for the Rev with the backward compatibility and the download feature. There are LOTS of people who have been wanting to play the old games for a while plus Nintendo is always the cheapest of the 3. Also if they stick to their plan for having new Mario, Super Smash Bros, zelda, etc... at launch they have much more going for them. I am not going to buy a PS3 until like Final Fantasy 13 or some other RPGs worthy of playing come out. Same for Xbox 2 not until the RPG' s come out from Mistwalker unless i can hopefully win one on that contest next month from Mountain Dew. Plus Square-Enix said they will support all 3 systems, which i hope they stick to, so Sony doesn' t have that to fall back on. The only reason i have a PS2 is for their games and the Ratchet and Clank series.
GoUGA8383

• Total Posts : 15
RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 12, 2005 16:20
I think the PS3 will still dominate but I think it will be closer than last time.
JoeRediferIsCool

• Total Posts : 74
RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 12, 2005 21:12
The Xbox 360 is sounding so-so but in comparison with the ps3 it sounds amazing. Seroisly i can always count on sony to deliver an underwhelming console. The Revoulution is sounding even worse due to lack of details and overall appeal.
Phoenixxx1974

RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 12, 2005 23:55
How is the Rev sounding worse? What about it' s appeal?

You are the only person i have heard say that. Nintendo is smart they aren' t spilling the beans until later when the PS3 and Xbox 2 are like pretty much finished so they can' t copy. I think the appeal of the Rev is awesome they already havea 20 year library at their disposal and the best first party games you can want. Nintendo has alrwady annoucned they will release all the specs, price, and launch date later this year.

Plus according to the Famitsu polls taken the Rev scored the higest in then consumer one on what they want to buy above the PS3.
Jackelcy Dumas

RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 13, 2005 07:19
The Nintendo Revolution is better than we think. I saw a video were there was a helmet like object the player placed it on his head and was playing a metroid game. I don' t know what that was but Nintendo has a chance of winning. I can' t believe I just said that.
The Xbox 360 is the coolest and from that video I saw Nintendo Revolution is second coolest then comes ps3. Ps3 is better than all of them but its too plain, basic it looks like a printer. Did you guys know that you could use the PSP as a controller for the ps3 if you want to. Can someone tell me if Xbox live is free or not and what about playstation live?
Phoenixxx1974

RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 13, 2005 11:21
Hehe you know the Helmet thing on the Nintendo On video was fake. They had a story on it on 1up.com (EGM has become totally Sony Biased they had a story comparing the PSP shipped numbers against the DS SOLD numbers saying the PSP is doign better, sure you can show 100 million copies that doesn' t mean alof ot them were sold)

It was user created video and a good one at that seeing how people thought it was real including me but you never know Nintendo might make it a reality they have some weird patents they haven' t used and we have no idea how they play to make the controller work with every old system (NES, SNES, N64, GC, and it' s own Rev games).

I don' t see what the big deal about the PS3 is. FOr the most part that i have seen including me most did not buy the PS2 because it was Sony or because it was cooler they ONLY reason i bought a PS2 and my friends is because of the RPGs and other games. I personally don' t care for Sony they make alot of crap that dies fast and easy which sucks because they used to be the best and gained a rep of being a reliable company but that has been stattered I hada a Sony DVD player die within 2 months and i am on my 2nd PS2 and it' s also freaking out and seems to be dieing with pauses and freezes.

Microsoft seems to be getting things right, oh yeah by the way Jackley there will be 2 Live services a Silver and Gold, everyone who has a Xbox live account will automatically have a Gold service which you pay for and the Silver is the free one where you can watch other people play and i am pretty sure they said there will be free for Silver accounts. MS seems to have gotten the clue that RPGs are important getting the first 2 exclusive games from Mistwalker which look really sweet and might be worth getting the system for.

We have no idea how powerful the Rev wil be you never know it might surprise you. The Rev is so far the only one i plan to buy at launch, plus they have free wifi internet and Nintendo is set on making it easy to connect and fun for the whole family. Not to mention the download feature and the launch games of a new Super Smash bros, Mario, Zelda, and possibly Metroid just to name a few.
JoeRediferIsCool

• Total Posts : 74
RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 13, 2005 15:16
What I ment pheonix is that the rev is looking too clunky, to over creative. I want something i can pick up and play, not something thats so gizmoish that its confusing.
Phoenixxx1974

RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 13, 2005 16:27
oh hehe ok. But like i said Nintendo doesn' t want it to be confusing and thinks that current controllers are confusing and wants to make it new, fresh, easy and most importantly FUN. Which i admire.
cpsethgt

• Total Posts : 57
. - Jul 13, 2005 20:40
<message edited by cpsethgt on Apr 30, 2012 05:39>
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 15, 2005 10:40
I think all three will co-exist healthily in the market. But in different regions, some systems will sell better than others. Here' s what I think:

Microsoft X-box 360- Since it' s coming out this holiday season, the 360 will have the early lead in the console war. It has superb Live features and is a great multimedia device. It will attract both hardcore players and tech junkies. However, Microsoft' s over-zelous reliability for HD will turn on them; only about ten percent of homes worldwide have HD TVs. Plus, Microsoft seems to be over-achieving with 360, proclaiming that they want to get a billion people playing the system, which is pretty much impossible.

Sony Playstation 3- The next system out of the gate, Sony promises big things with PS3. However, looking at the facts, what does the Playstation 3 have that the 360 doesn' t? In other words, Microsoft seems to trump all of Sony PS3' s capabilities, but making it (the 360) more developer-friendly, and maybe even cheaper in retail. Plus, developers' s unfamiliarity with Bluray proprierity format could alienate developers, and incidentally make them flock to 360. And again, Sony' s over-reliance for HD will prove costly in the long-run.

Nintendo Revolution- Still an enigma, Nintendo promises a paradigm shift with Revolution. It offers a different flavor of game from Sony and Microsoft' s respective systems. The Revolution hopes to ' revolutionize' the video game industry, slashing high development costs and attracting non-gamers alike. Is it possible? Sure, if Nintendo plays its cards right. After all, the overall disappointment of Gamecube and lack of third party support could overall sink the system, but hopefully the affordablility of the product will make this system a seller.

Regions:

United States- The 360 seems to be the system to beat in the states. Not only is it going to be released this year world-wide, but Microsoft' s promise for an amazing launch will sell some 360s. Microsoft is already up to 40 percent market share in the U.S, so there' s no doubt the franchise is popular. As for the Playstation 3, I think it will alienate consumers. It will be expensive, more in fact than 360, and for it to have all the features the 360 has, especially when the 360 has been out first, has more games, and has developed a strong user base, Playstation will be the underdog. Revolution, though, is a different story. If Nintendo releases non-games and user-friendly games as well, and fixes the no-nos from the GCN like marketing and promotion, then Nintendo could certainly surpass Sony in the States. If Nintendo remains ' Nintendo' like last gen, don' t expect a Revolution here.

Japan- This is a different story. In recent polls, and seeing the flop of Xbox there, it doesn' t seem like the 360 will put a dent in the market this gen either. The playstation 3 will do better than Microsoft' s system, we know that much, thanks to the monster success of PS in Japan (that' s not to say it' s not popular in the states, but PS owns 80 percent in Japan, but only 50 percent in U.S). But the Revolution, I' m sure, will be the market leader. Nintendo' s eagerness for affordability and innovation will be the key to their success, so expect Nintendo to be the company to beat in Japan, more, in fact, than the juggernaut Sony.

Europe- Expect the turnout to be similar to the United States. I see the Xbox 360 or the Revolution being console king, but whatever happens in the States, will happen in Europe.

So, which will win?? Too early to tell. Even with my pre-mature, ignoramus predictions, it' s still too soon to tell what the full plans for Microsoft and Sony are. As for Nintendo, we know almost nothing about Revolution, so until we find out all the strategies for the big three, then can we make a hypothesis.

But in truth, from what I' ve seen so far from the three consoles, this is a 360 and Revolution battle. PS3, to me, remains in my head an expensive 360 clone, while Revolution will be offering a different flavor altogether. Expect a great console round.
Owain

• Total Posts : 91
RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 15, 2005 12:06
Dunno arn' t Sony making a huge loss on each PS3? Same for X360.
I predict Sony and MS will squabble over excusives next gen and really splash the cash to keep certain series (GTA, FF ect)
I mean PS2 got a lots of excusives cos it sold a lot more than the other consoles, prolly be 50/50 share next gen.

If Nintendo keep costs down like they say they are, they could make a tidy profit. They might not the ' The winner' in sales, and 3rd party support hmm a big downer, but if Ninty play to the harcore fan crowed like SNK did for so many years. yeah and like Jason said the japs love them.

So the winner = Sega its prime time for big multiplatform developers \O/
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 15, 2005 12:08
i think the ps3 will rule all of them
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 15, 2005 14:00
Well, you' re wrong residentevil327.
Jackelcy Dumas

RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 15, 2005 16:05
Hey Everyone tell me if you think this plan will work. You buy a ps3 sell the cell processor (they said it costs $1000) then you can buy all 3 systems and some hardware for them. The Next Gen Systems cost about 420 or less there are computers that cost more than that. The next gen systems should really cost a lot of money because of all those chips and stuff.
Anser this Question too: What can' t a system do without a hard drive? I mean explain what is bad about not having a hard drive. I really want to know.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 16, 2005 20:58
Sorry dude, that plan won' t work. You can' t just simply take the cell processor out of the PS3. All the components would be integrated onto a PCB. Even if you did try, you' d just damage it beyond repair. With 300 million odd transistors the size of microns, soldering the thing out wouldn' t work.

Secondly - the PS3 cell processor is a castrated version of the real cell processor. Sony had to tone it down due to heat/performance problems. Who would want to buy it? Who exactly would you sell this salvaged and damaged cell processor to? I don' t think your local pawn shop would take it. No one would have any use for it as no software is yet written to run on it. And your average joe doesn' t have access to any dev tools either. And no, it wouldn' t work if you just whacked it into your computer and hoped for the best.

A console doesn' t " need" a hard drive per say. But there are many benefits from having it. Developers can use it to cache data thus increasing overall performance in games. If you have an online component such as Xbox Live a HDD is almost necessary as it will allow for hotfixes/game updates, content downloads, etc. You' d have a tough time fitting all of that onto a memory card. Lastly a HDD can be used to store your own things like music, pictures and movies. So while a HDD isn' t necessary, it adds greater functionality to the console.

Personally I think it is a dire mistake for Sony not to include a HDD in their " not a games machine" PS3. Especially if they' re thinking of competing with their own online service.
Jackelcy Dumas

RE: PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Nintendo Revoloution which one will win? - Jul 17, 2005 09:44
Thanks for the info.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread