Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Call of Duty 2 New Maps
industrocyberbot23

• Total Posts : 108
Call of Duty 2 New Maps - Jul 05, 2006 02:47
Hey,

I just wanted to see how many of you paid for the new CoD2 maps, or for that matter the GRAW ones?

I was playing with friends at CoD2 last night and while most of us have downloaded the two which were free, we havn' t downloaded the two which are 400 gamer points or whatever. We were kicked a couple of times because the level was set at random and the host had paid for the new maps.

Are you prepared to pay for additional contant? I wasn' t in this case, although I have paid for a couple of Oblivion add-ons. (not the horse armour!)
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Call of Duty 2 New Maps - Jul 05, 2006 03:49
yup I dont see a problem paying to download new content.

its taken more developer time, and extended the life of a game immensley. In fact I' d rather pay a couple quid every now and then to make an old game new again than buy new games all the time...

I downloaded the free ones, liked them so went for the two other packs.

Seriously, the only issue is how much to pay, not whether to pay. I think its silly for say a little item like horse armour, but new maps and a good sized amount of content is great.

I dont see how people assume the larger content has a right to be free, thats just silly, if you dont like the idea of paying for 20% more of a game in this case, stick with the original disk, it really is down to how much you like a particular game!
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Call of Duty 2 New Maps - Jul 05, 2006 03:53
What a rip-off!! Paying for extra maps is harsh if u ask me. especially when games are so expensive in the first place.. They should release them for free, give something back to their loyal-fans and prolong their games last ability..

Digital downloads are scary..

I’m scared that developers will purposely cut features out of a game only to release them as ' add-ons' to make an extra buck..

That’s one of my main worries about Xbox live and I feel this will happen eventually.. Other Companies like Sony will Sure capitalise on this..
industrocyberbot23

• Total Posts : 108
RE: Call of Duty 2 New Maps - Jul 05, 2006 04:42
I can see where both of you are coming from here. CoD2 is a special case - if the four maps had been 400GP or whatever it is for the two, I would probably have bought them. However having had two free I now think it' s stupid paying that for the other two!

The other thing is that the GP don;t seem like " real" money, so it' s easier to spend. 400 GP is still £3.20. I suppose that' s not too bad, but why charge for two levels when you can get two free? It just doesn' t make sense to me!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll