Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Women' s World Hockey Championship
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
Women' s World Hockey Championship - Apr 08, 2005 11:46
Anyone following these games? It' s Canada vs USA for the gold on Saturday, April 9th. Go Canada Go!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Women' s World Hockey Championship - Apr 08, 2005 23:45
I' ll be cheering on the girls in Red and White tomorrow!! We' ve owned the US in the major tournaments lately, let' s hope we can keep it up.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Women' s World Hockey Championship - Apr 09, 2005 07:33
as much as i miss hockey and as much as i want canada to win...........i just ca' t bring myself to watch it.
mxpx182

RE: Women' s World Hockey Championship - Apr 09, 2005 15:44
Ok well I watched it. It was a n amazing game, and the US goalie just beat us in the shoot out. Both teams played extremely well, and were neck and neck the whole game. I gotta say, our players should have shot rather than played around on there shoot out shots though. The streak had to end sooner or later, now they have something to work for next year.
Sharon

RE: Women' s World Hockey Championship - Apr 10, 2005 14:49
I can' t believe it -- 1-0 US
Sharon

RE: Women' s World Hockey Championship - Apr 10, 2005 14:52
I so . It was an awesome game, as usual, but in the end US finally scored in a shootout (1-0) ending Canada' s 8 year gold medal run.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Women' s World Hockey Championship - Apr 11, 2005 05:10

I so . It was an awesome game, as usual, but in the end US finally scored in a shootout (1-0) ending Canada' s 8 year gold medal run.

You Go, USA!!!

(Sorry, Sharon and/or all Canadians)

Let me guess...the U.S. team has a Canadian coach?

If not, then it' s the $$ put into the team...the U.S. has a way of basically buying their way to a win. Not saying that they paid the refs, just saying that they paid for the best training with all the $$ someone donated.

If so, then it was the Canadian coach' s training that brought them to this level of gameplay...that and the big $$ they are paying him or her.

Sometimes, even when the U.S. wins, it embarrasses me. It' s because the U.S. flaunts its $$ and wins like a little kid...the " We' re better than you are" or " Ha! We spent more than you" mentality. Yes, I' ll say it, sometimes the U.S. can be a sore winner...

Seems sportmanship has been back-burnered in the U.S. - and has been for some time.
Sharon

RE: Women' s World Hockey Championship - Apr 11, 2005 11:55
Hey, how did two of my posts show up back to back, considering I cancelled the first one...er, I think I did

Not saying that they paid the refs

Hmmm... the refs did seem to fav the US (as they usuallly do when its CA vs USA).
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Women' s World Hockey Championship - Apr 11, 2005 12:06

Hmmm... the refs did seem to fav the US (as they usuallly do when its CA vs USA).

well, it is the only way to make it a fair game and keep it close....
mxpx182

RE: Women' s World Hockey Championship - Apr 11, 2005 14:26
come on now Sharron and the.ben, I think we got beat pretty fair and square in that one. Canada may be the 8 time defending champss (until the weekend anyway), but throughout the year these teams play eachother many times, and it' s pretty even steven down the line. Their Goalie was the difference, she made some great saves, not that ours didn' t as well. These 2 teams are some of the most evenly matched ever.

Now when it comes to mens hockey....... Well, let' s just say a lot of money must have passed hands at the 96 world cup.
Sharon

RE: Women' s World Hockey Championship - Apr 13, 2005 09:46
Yes, I' ll give credit where credit is due -- the US goalie was excellent (but the refs still sucked!)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll