Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Next Gen Wars
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 41
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 04:08
Since some of you obviously can' t get over your rampant fanboyism, lets try and keep in all in here. You want to argue that one console is greater than another? Ok, that' s not a problem, just don' t do it in any other threads.

Quez, i' m dedicating this thread to you. You' re the ultimate Microsoft posterboy and now you have a new home...

The catalyst? This...

I' m not sure if they' ll update in realtime, but you can find the up-to-date figures (according to nextgenwars.com) HERE

It looks like Microsoft are well on their way to hitting 10M by years end and Wii is off to a flying start. Sony, ...well, they' re getting RAPED!!!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 04:27
Those numbers are lying. They probably took a huge payoff from Microsoft, Or... or... Sony doesn' t care about market shares... or... um... maybe they missed a decimal... or...

(Read as: " About D@/\/\ /\/ time this thread showed up" )

Hopefully people can keep their inner Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo freak on a leash.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 05:42
Even with the clear 1 year Head Start (360), 54% of people Voted Wii will overall Winner.

I actually hope Both / Sony /MS go down..

I want the Originators, the Only Company out of the three who really care about the future of Gaming, I want Nintendo the Prevail and Continue to spread their creativeness to as much people as possible.

Then i Want Sega to come back on the Scene (lol, i Can only dream).
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 05:45
Dreamcast 2 in 2009!!!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 06:03
F*ck Nintendo, and their low-res sh*t!!

(I' m just made ' cause I can' t find any component cables for my Wii!)

360 is the best console available RIGHT NOW!! Don' t give me that " down the road" bullsh*t!

Hell, 360 is the best " down the road" , too!!!

Mass Effect > PS3 + Wii
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 06:37
I don' t think i will be getting my component cables for my Wii at launch too (On the 7th DEC), so that means no Zelda TP for me till i get them, considering i purchased my HD TV to play Zelda at 480p. AAARRRRGGGHHH!! You better get those component cables to me soon Nintendo, YOU HEAR ME!!!

Well at least i can play Wii Sports and Wii Play with my crappy non gamer friends.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 08:00
If you really want component you can supposedly splice open the cord they give you with the Wii and make your own. All you need is 3 connector heads extra.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 08:10
Hehe,great thread,lets bump tyhis forever,or make it a sticky.

ofc we know the real figures and how the console wars is really going after sometime 2007 x-mas.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 08:11
Its not that easy..

(very deep breath)...surely the scart or whatever connector which comes with Wii does not use all of the pins used for a Component signal.. (Gasps.. )
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 08:41
I share your frustration Chee Saw, but I just ordered mine straight from Nintendo Canada over the phone on Thursday. Guy said they finally cleared there back order, and my order status as of today was " preparing for shipping" . I can' t wait. I bought Zelda on day one, but haven' t even put it in my machine after I saw comparison shots on the internet between composite and component. I' m pumped!
QuezcatoL

RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 08:43
Linky plz.

mxpx182

RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 08:46

What do you want a link for Quez? The comparison shots? My order update online? I can' t link you to the conversation as that happend in real time on the phone .
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 08:50
Is this simply the number of PS3 consoles that have been made? Have they reached the point yet where you can walk into a shop in Japan or the US and just pick one up?

I was looking at Wii preorders online there for the UK, looks like I won' t be able to get one before Christmas now! I' m glad it' s already doing so well for Nintendo, but obviously a bit disappointed for me! I' m surprised so many people have preordered too, I' m still not sure if the Wii is actually going to have lasting appeal or if the controller is going to be a gimick thath gets tired quickly! The WarioWarez video spurred me into placing a preorder, but now I can' t!
QuezcatoL

RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 08:57
The comparsion ofc,i still cant afford a wii, dont know if i should buy the GC version of zelda or wait...
mxpx182

RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 09:44
Comparison shots

Ok, there you go. Just let the page load, then cursor over the image, and after about 2 seconds it will flip to the component image. A world of difference.
QuezcatoL

RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 09:52
ANy diffeence on wii vs GC?

Can' t afford a wii until 2007 jan or feb.
But want Zelda very much...i think
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 10:01
Thanks for the comparison shots mxpx182! The component cable images are much more crisp and less blurry then the composite version. I' m glad i' m picking up my HD TV today!! YES, just have to wait for the Wii component cables, and more importantly the Wii (DEC 7th).

Quez the GC version doesn' t run at 480p nor does it run in widescreen. If i were you i' d wait till you can afford a Wii, most reviewers agree that it plays better on a Wii.
QuezcatoL

RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 10:06
Okay Terrak.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 10:14
Well I dunno about the scart, but the composite ones it comes with do have them on there u just gotta cut it I guess. I haven' t tried it or anything.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Next Gen Wars - Dec 04, 2006 17:31

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

Well I dunno about the scart, but the composite ones it comes with do have them on there u just gotta cut it I guess. I haven' t tried it or anything.

You go first!

Here, I even go the " How To" for ya...

Make Wii Component Cables
< Message edited by Chee Saw -- 4 Dec 06 9:54:43 >
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 41

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages