Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 First Banjoe Threeie screens...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 11, 2008 23:57

I' m reserving any kind of judgement until i see something resembling gameplay... but at least we know it' s going to be a great looking game.
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 12, 2008 01:00
Those look great.

If the gameplay at least matches Banjo Tooie, we' ll have the first Rare game to pass mediocrity in years.

Or not...
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 12, 2008 01:33
I hate being teased like this. Show the game in motion, or at least a gamplay caption. It' s not the fact that I want to see it but, it' s almost like the developers think we' re tools for jumping everytime they have the smallest most insignificant picture.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 12, 2008 02:09
Atlast!!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 12, 2008 11:27
Wow. That looks really nice! Rare has really been nailing the bright, colorful, cartoonish look. Like you guys said though, I want gameplay footage.
Rampage99

RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 12, 2008 23:27
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 13, 2008 00:53
There are rumors that the title is being developed specifically with Microsoft' s Newton Project in mind. I don' t remember where I read it.
Rampage99

RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 13, 2008 01:01

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

There are rumors that the title is being developed specifically with Microsoft' s Newton Project in mind. I don' t remember where I read it.

Damn it... I hope not.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 13, 2008 03:00
ok nice and bright but nothing ground braking, i always liked the banjo games so I will look forward to this.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 14, 2008 02:29

New details on the game formerly known as Banjo Kazooie 3 and Banjo Threeie have emerged courtesy of Game Informer and GameReactor, both via message board NeoGAF. Rare' s latest Xbox 360 venture, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, won' t strictly follow the traditional gameplay of the previous two colorful platformers, but will have a heavy focus on vehicles and vehicle building. According to alleged details from the latest Game Informer mag—the same issue posted about earlier—the game will feature some 1600 vehicle parts and weapons with which one can customize their ride, from bikes to karts to planes.

A poster, who appears to be from Danish gaming site GameReactor writes that vehicle creation is similar to building with LEGO blocks, that players can edit their creations at any point. The poster explains how a truck creation was incapable of delivering the required amount of coconuts to finish a level, but that a helicopter more suited to coconut carrying was. In other words, if coconut schlepping is your thing, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts will fit the bill.

LINK

The vehicle creation sounds pretty interesting.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 14, 2008 02:32
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 14, 2008 04:50
Ta-Daaa!
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 13 May 08 20:52:37 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 14, 2008 05:22
Great, just great. Looks awesome...even though I want to see more...but maybe Rare haven' t lost their edge after all?
Virtua fighter 5

RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 14, 2008 06:52
It' s in early stage, so i' ll forgive the skippyness and at times slugish framerate. Apart from that, its looking very promising.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 14, 2008 07:07
Actually... i kinda expected more.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 14, 2008 07:18

It' s in early stage, so i' ll forgive the skippyness and at times slugish framerate. Apart from that, its looking very promising.

You have a fps fetish don' t you?

Today is all innocent when you' re playing Wii games. Tomorrow you' ll be playing Quake on your 3000$ PC staring at the top left corner while stroking your dick. " Oh yeah baby, that' s it, faster faster" . Before long you' ll be playing a DOS version of pong all day.

Don' t make me bust an intervention on your ass.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 14 May 08 0:17:59 >
Virtua fighter 5

RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 14, 2008 08:06

You have a fps fetish don' t you?

No, i just can' t stand to see framerates less than a solid 30 (for certain type of games like Plattformers, 3rd person Adventures) or 60fps (for FPS' s, Racers, Sports) in this generation, especially since ive been brought up on SEGA arcade games from 20 years ago which all ran at 60fps.

There' s nothing more a let-down then playing a good game with a bad framerate or a framerate worst than the standard set years before, no matter how detailed the game is..

Some people could happily play, say GTA4 at 20fps.. i couldnt.

Don' t make me bust an intervention on your ass.

You couldnt change my View for Sh.it.

Anyway.. This is a RARE plattformer and i' m sure they' ll optimize it to run smooth.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 14 May 08 0:19:01 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 14, 2008 10:09

Actually... i kinda expected more.

I expected much more. First, the game doesn' t feel like a " true" sequel, it had that spin off feeling which is bad after all these years of waiting. I appreciate the vehicule idea but it seems that it' s getting too much attention from rthe developers leaving aside the essence of the game, PLATFORMING. i deducted that because 90% of the screenshots feature bonjo on some sort of a vehicule... now, that might be the way rare wanted to " show off" their gameplay idea but i don' t think that was a good move.

Moving to the graphics, again nothing special, in fact Viva pinata looks more appealing, i expected the banjo game to look like viva pinata technically speaking, but the footage that was shown displays rough edges, empty word, tearing, and poor framerate ( yeah the alpha build) ... the art style , even if it' s original that doesn' t make it beautiful, well may be it is but i expected more, i wanted " holy fucking shit" and i got " it looks nice" ...

i hope i' m all way wrong from start to finish , i' m a big fan of banjo games, rare don' t disapoint me , this is your last fucking chance to recapture your lost glory....
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 14, 2008 14:32
I don' t think we really have to worry about the gameplay. Rare' s games pretty much all feature solid or even great gameplay. But I get what you' re saying. They have to strike a balance between traditional platforming and the new stuff. I' d expect that 90% of the stuff in that trailer was vehicle based just to promote the new feature.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: First Banjoe Threeie screens... - May 14, 2008 15:44
I am not really digging the whole vehicle concept yet. I would have much rather seen a drug addict Banjo and prostitute Kazzoie (kind of like how Conker is an alcoholic) if they really wanted to go on a new heading, not that the Banjo games needed one anyway. I sure hope platforming is an integral part of the game.
< Message edited by chimura -- 14 May 08 7:55:17 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message