Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4)
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 04, 2005 07:32
Details and screeshots of new SSX game

Ok, I' m a huge fan of the SSX games, the first one was my first game for the current generation of consoles, and every one since has just gotten better. I' m not big into sports simulation, fo I love the the over the top part. Anyways, I haven' t even read the article yet (I was too excited) so if the news licks ass then I apologize, and I' ll buy everybody rootbeer.
mxpx182

RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 04, 2005 12:46
Ok, I read through it, and while kind of dissapointing in some ways(no online??? SSX 3 was online?) I' m afraid for the rest of you it wasn' t crappy enough that I have to start handing out the root beers.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 04, 2005 15:10
I never liked ssx, or any snowboarding games for that matter!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 04, 2005 16:08
You' ve been down one snowy mountain, you' ve been down them all. Hopefully this one will have more 1337 attitude than the last. I love it when the participants do stupid things like taunt one another and somehow can hear each other clear as a bell. That makes the game good. Nobody would buy it if it wasn' t for the ' tude.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 04, 2005 16:27
I believe that last snowboarding game I actually enjoyed just a little bit was Zap! Snowboarding Trix for the Saturn. I tried the original SSX but really didn' t see what all the excitement was about. People were making it out to be the video game version of the 2nd coming of the " messiah" or something like that..
Joe Redifer

RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 04, 2005 17:13
OMG HIS NAME IS JEEZUS AND HE WALKS ON WATER OMG!!!!11!
Terry Bogard

RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 04, 2005 17:30

OMG HIS NAME IS JEEZUS AND HE WALKS ON WATER OMG!!!!11!

LOL, and " OMG, ESS ESS EX IS TEH GRATEST GAM0RZ EVAR!!!1!
" I BROAK UP WIT MY GURLFRIEND SO i KAN SPEND MORE TIME WITH ESS ESS EX!"
mxpx182

RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 04, 2005 18:12
Enough!!! I will have no more of this heresy!!!!! Joe, Terry, and Silent Bomber are officially on the No RootBeer list!
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 04, 2005 18:13
despite Terry' s mocker (or perhaps inspite of) I like the SSX series. Like some of the others who posted, I enjoy the total lack of realism in the game and the attitude just sells it for me.

So MXPX, where' s my rootbeer?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 04, 2005 18:23
Never liked SSX either...
Terry Bogard

RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 04, 2005 19:58

despite Terry' s mocker (or perhaps inspite of) I like the SSX series. Like some of the others who posted, I enjoy the total lack of realism in the game and the attitude just sells it for me.

It' s not that I didn' t like SSX Rikka mikka, it' s just that, well it is, it was the classic definition of what some would refer to as an overrated title . ' Overrated' to me simply because years ago practically all of Gaming-age was fawning over and going friggin NUTS over the original SSX. I rented it, tried it out a few times and all I pretty much saw was a standard snowboarding game, nothing really out of the ordinary. I guess I just wasn' t pheeling the majik!

I' ll definitely check out SSX 4, but as it stands, the original phailed to impress moi..
Joe Redifer

RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 04, 2005 20:31
I actually have SSX 3 on my PS2 hard drive (I rented it) simply because it' s one of the VERY FEW PS2 games that runs in widescreen, progressive scan, AND DTS 4.0 channel sound. I can' t win anything in the game and therefore cannot advance. it is extremely difficult. Either that or I just don' t know what buttons to press (I am not interested in doing " tricks" , only racing). Doing tricks ruins a perfectly good racing game.

If you must have a game where you go downhill, pick up the BMX game called Downhill Damnation. It is much better, and you don' t HAVE to do tricks.
Terry Bogard

RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 04, 2005 20:34
I checked out Downhill Domination at a previous show that game looked Awesome! Unfortunately that was my only exposure to the game, kept meaning to pick up the retail version but never got around to it!
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 04, 2005 21:26
yeah terry, that i can understand. I tend to not be a fan of overrated titles either. I am glad you are willing to give it another try
Joe Redifer

RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 04, 2005 22:33
Downhill Damnation is AWESOME because it has a video of a little baby, which has nothing to do with anything, at the beginning of the game. If a game doesn' t have crap like that and at least 10 studio logos (all unskippable) before I can get to the title screen, then I sure as hell ain' t buying it!!!!
mxpx182

RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 05, 2005 07:29

I can' t win anything in the game and therefore cannot advance. it is extremely difficult.

If people are used to the cool boarders series of snowboarding this can be the case, the controls feel completely backwards once you are used to one style. Yeah, and unfortuanatley you will have to do tricks at some point if you want to unlock everything Joe. The thing I liked about the 3rd game so much was the music. Man, any time I hear " play it loud" it' s like I' m playing that game all over again.
Silentbomber

RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 05, 2005 12:08

Enough!!! I will have no more of this heresy!!!!! Joe, Terry, and Silent Bomber are officially on the No RootBeer list!

well thank god, Silent Bomber cant have any. Altough my name is Silentbomber, we are very alike, people tenmd to mix us up. [i am saying this as people are allways calling me silent bomber with the space. that just looks stupid. it like spelling ' joe' like jo, or something, you get it?]
Joe Redifer

RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 05, 2005 12:25
I get it. However if you had spelled it " silentbomber" (all lower case) or " SiLeNtBoMbEr" (all moron case), I would call you " Silentbomber" as i am a champion for propEr Capitalization.
Silentbomber

RE: Oh yes OH yes!!!! I' ve been waiting for this!!!!(SSX 4) - May 05, 2005 15:26

However if you had spelled it " silentbomber"

hold on jo, where is that? my handle has the correct captialisation.
ah you may be the king of said subject but i am king of bad spelling!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll