Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 John Woo and the game/movie world
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
John Woo and the game/movie world - Jun 03, 2004 19:12
figures right when i post that 1000th thing...some real news comes along.

John Woo already, having directors rights to Metroid and Spy Hunter, has also gotten hold of Tom Clancy' s Rainbow Six.

I like his movies and style so this isnt ne bad news at all to me. All I hope is he sticks true to the games while also retaining his own style.

Smiaras

• Total Posts : 49
RE: John Woo and the game/movie world - Jun 03, 2004 20:16
What' s the story with his making a musical...seriously this guy must be on acid, metroid has potential but I reckon the rest is all just part of Hollywood' s ' Hmm a load of people bought this game, I know let' s make a movie out of it.' Hey if you were stupid enough to buy MOH: Rising Sun then you' d be dumb enough to watch the movie :D Ron Howard should rerelease GTA and watch it become the highest grossing movie EVAR
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: John Woo and the game/movie world - Jun 05, 2004 05:12
i hope metroid doesn' t get canned this time around. BETTER NOT FAIL ME WOO!!!
MuteCity

• Total Posts : 159
RE: John Woo and the game/movie world - Jun 05, 2004 22:21
I just don' t get excited about videogame movies...I thought resident evil was horrible but I still went to see it. I can' t see Metroid turning out to actually be a good movie...so...I don' t know if I want them to make it or not. Certainly the character and setting have potential, but I don' t believe hollywood will be able to recapture the magic of the game. Here' s hoping for the best.
< Message edited by MuteCity -- 6/5/2004 10:22:46 PM >
Idekii

• Total Posts : 52
RE: John Woo and the game/movie world - Jun 09, 2004 06:04
I do have some hope for this - after all, games based on movies have been of much higher quality as of late, so it' s possible that it might go both ways. Then again, we might get another Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. Who knows.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll