Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What is Star Wars Force Unleashed?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
What is Star Wars Force Unleashed? - Feb 13, 2007 03:10
Is this just another shameful attempt by Lucas to stretch out the Star Wars Franchise?

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/823/823667.aspx
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: What is Star Wars Force Unleashed? - Feb 13, 2007 05:41
Hopefully not.

When I first saw this trailer, I got very excited. I' d been waiting for a more Force-centric game for a while, and the possibilities are wonderful. I' m hoping for puzzle-solving, strategic use of the Force, and new, unique Force abilities.

It' s hosted on the Xbox portion of their site, but they don' t know which system it' s coming to? Huh, well I hope there' s a Wii version released sometime, controlling the force with the Wiimote would be about as awesome as controlling a lightsaber with it.

The part of the trailer when he was pounding the Storm Trooper into the ground made me think of Second Sight, and made me want this game soooo bad. On second thought, screw the Force, I want Second Sight on the Wii!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What is Star Wars Force Unleashed? - Feb 13, 2007 08:29
Made me think of Fifth Phantom Saga. Don' t know why.

I used to be really into Star Wars games, but as of late, they haven' t impressed me much.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: What is Star Wars Force Unleashed? - Feb 13, 2007 20:44
I know what you mean, I got excited over the PC Empire at War, however it was so buggy and the story was so paper thin I took it back in disgust.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What is Star Wars Force Unleashed? - Feb 13, 2007 20:48
It' s was a concept video. It' s not even a tech demo. The game, if made, will probably be nothing like the video.

Personally i' d be happy if they remade the Star Wars Trilogy Arcade game for Wii. The sabre fights with Vader would be awesome!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What is Star Wars Force Unleashed? - Feb 14, 2007 00:30
Last I read its you as part of the Dark Side out hunting down and kicking Jedi ass. It will utilize the eurphoria engine thing and take place between episodes 3 and 4. George Lucas is apparently involved in a pretty large way. And even tho we all know how it all pans out with the following episodes there is supposed to be multiple alternate endings suggestion the evil does win in the end.

For the xbox360 and PS3 as well as alternate versison from a yet to be named developer who will make PS2 and PSP versions. Wii has yet to be mentioned. Tho the obvious use of the remote is very much there.

Hopefully they take a note from the very overlooked Psi-Ops game for the Xbox.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 13 Feb 07 16:33:08 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: What is Star Wars Force Unleashed? - Feb 14, 2007 00:37
PSI OPS Rocked!
Mass X

RE: What is Star Wars Force Unleashed? - Feb 15, 2007 17:14
Ok after reading all about this in the recent Game Informer ...sort of...skipped around a bit as ti was several pages and Im half asleep.

Anyways as i said above you play the role of Darth Vader' s secret apprentice who altho is needed to kill the Jedi to please the Emperorrororror... is also part of Vader' s hidden plan to overthrow the Sith. The same offer is entended to his son Luke in that whole " I am your Father" speach later on.

Your force abilites as the title states of just plain insane. Coupled with the usual powers their a many many more things you can do with it.

Also those tech demos...not far off from the game it seems. A big thanks to having ILM on hand.

This game isnt just a little sidenote like many of the others this is essentially the next big chapter in the ongoing Star Wars universe. And is being taking very seriously.

Also all the badass force fighting ass kickery and heavy destructible/usable enviroments (from Euphoria) will carry over into the mulitplayer aspect.

The Single player story with branch and change according to your actions. Altho there are several endings there is only one " right" ending. In order to carry on some continuity within the Star Wars story.

Comics, toys, novels etc will be part of this whole deal much like it was with the movies.

Etc etc ect. SO yeah basically its the next " official: peice to the ever expanding Star Wars universe.

PS: Psi-Ops kicked major ass!
< Message edited by Mass X -- 15 Feb 07 9:15:14 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What is Star Wars Force Unleashed? - Feb 15, 2007 17:18
This is actually being made now?
Mass X

RE: What is Star Wars Force Unleashed? - Feb 15, 2007 17:26
Supposed to be out by November...
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: What is Star Wars Force Unleashed? - Feb 16, 2007 07:11
Is it just coming out on Xbox 360, or PC as well? Has the system even been announced?

Also all the badass force fighting ass kickery and heavy destructible/usable enviroments (from Euphoria) will carry over into the mulitplayer aspect.

Hopefully they' ll put in the npcs as well. I' ve wanted to be able to use Stormtroopers as meatshields in multiplayer since Jedi Knight 2.
Mass X

RE: What is Star Wars Force Unleashed? - Feb 16, 2007 08:13
Xbox360 and PS3 with versions made by different developers for PS2, PSP, and DS. Also a possibility for the Wii.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll