Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 18, 2005 11:30
Lucas' s Star Wars takes on Tolkien' s Lord of the Rings!!!

Two of them have been incredibly well-recieved in the box office. One revolves around the dark side, the other a ring. Both represent the imbalance between good and evil. But only one will reign supreme, depending on your opinions.

But they' re not very similar. The aesthetic look of each speaks for itself. Lord of the Rings looks like it took place in old times, while StarWars looks futuristic, but both take place in different worlds; Middle Earth, and a galaxy far far away.

Anyway, my pick is Lord of the Rings. The books are the epitome of fantasy and adventure, and the films are phenominal as well. But of course, we are comparing the films, and for that, I still think the Lord of the Rings trilogy is better than all six StarWars films combined. It' s so vast and rich in it' s species and races, and incredibly deep in the plot. Plus, I think the creations of JRR Tolkien are a million times as original as George Lucas' s. Compare Ents and Wookies. Balrog and ... those teddy bears from Return of the Jedi. So yeah, that' s my pick. Plus, I think the last three Star Wars films (Episodes I,II, and III) have been pretty bad..

Which film collection do you prefer? Lord of the Rings or Star Wars?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll