Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PSX
Joe_1110

• Total Posts : 24
PSX - Apr 19, 2006 02:41
What the hell ever happened to the psx due for luanch back in 2003. There were two models the DESR-5000 and the DESR-7000. The first model had a 160GB hard drive built in it played all ps2 and ps1 games and the second had a 250Gb hard drive.The psx featered a HDD & DVD recorder and memory stick slots and it could be upgraded through the internet. It was a really smart console one of the best looking ever.
For more info on it look on
http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press_Archive/200310/03-1007E/
< Message edited by joe_1110 -- 18 Apr 06 19:34:37 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PSX - Apr 19, 2006 04:29
Firstly, it was shit, got released in Japan only and bombed because, ...well, because it was shit.

Secondly...

It was a really smart console one of the best looking ever.

...It was bigger than the Xbox, and looked er, ...shit!

Thirdly (and lastly), there are two parts to these forums, aplty titled ' Videogames' (for all things game related) and ' Everything else' ... Take a guess where posts like this should be...

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PSX - Apr 19, 2006 08:09
Joe, don' t get discouraged by Majik' s brutal bashing of stuff, call it a rite of initiation if you will. no actually, everything i said is crap, he just treats the forums like taxes, if everything isn' t in it' s place, the whole thing goes to hell.

just joking.

Why didn' t the psx get released worldwide?

first off, most people don' t have the industrial size crane it took to move it anywhere, get a pic of it next to someone, it' s freakin huge.

Secondly, most people don' t have the six digit pocketbook to warrant an investment like that (sorry, i meant consumer error, not investment)

And if i remember correctly, you could buy a used PS2, and a DVR for less, when it was supposed to release.

Don' t expect it anytime this century
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PSX - Apr 20, 2006 01:43
and the on board menu and software where meant to be horrible.

I would have only bought so it could ' appricate' in value [unopened] 20 years down the line, that thing is going to be worth something!
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 19 Apr 06 17:44:04 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PSX - Apr 20, 2006 01:56

I would have only bought so it could ' appricate' in value [unopened] 20 years down the line, that thing is going to be worth something!

i can see where you' re coming from, but that' s like buying the ET game for the ATARI, and hoping that it will appreciate to anything more than low grade unrefined nuclear waste.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll