Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 FULL AUTO = Good Fun!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
FULL AUTO = Good Fun! - Feb 19, 2006 15:24
Anyone else enjoyed this game?

I have to admit that I wasn' t impressed or found the game appealing at all when it was shown at E3 last year, but having spent the evening playing it, I' m become hooked! This game is addicting. The controls are pretty solid, some of the music is good, and despite the massive slowdown in spots (who cares!), the game runs at a good speed! The rewind/unwreck feature is pretty darn cool and the level of interactivity is also pretty nice!

I can imagine that the gameplay will bore some after a few hours/days but I' m lovin it so far
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: FULL AUTO = Good Fun! - Feb 19, 2006 18:04
I' ve always thought that game looked boring. So I haven' t even bothered reading about it. What do you do in the game? Since it has got vehicles with weapons, is it similar to Twisted Metal?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: FULL AUTO = Good Fun! - Feb 20, 2006 01:05
So would you say it' s worth buying over Burnout Revenge when that comes out, Terry? Is the unwreck thing that much fun?

The demo was...unimmpressive.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: FULL AUTO = Good Fun! - Feb 20, 2006 01:18
Yeah the demo sucked but the final game is much better. But it' s not my kind of game so i' m giving it a miss.

So would you say it' s worth buying over Burnout Revenge when that comes out, Terry? Is the unwreck thing that much fun?

I don' t know about Terry but i got PGR3, NFS:MW and RR6 and i' m still getting Burnout Revenge. It' s going to be amazing and i can' t wait to get it on Live and make some enemies!

I got my ass handed to me last night playing DoA4 online. I wasn' t even playing badly, but the competition is incredible...
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: FULL AUTO = Good Fun! - Feb 20, 2006 02:20

The demo was...unimmpressive.

Like I said, I didn' t find the E3 demo impressive at all. I think it' s one of those games that looks worst than it plays. I love the unwreck feature but I also LOVE the controls as well. Control-wise it feels like a combat-racing Ridge Racer to me.

If you can maybe you can rent it first just to see if its your cup of tea.

As for deciding between Full Auto and Burnout Revenge, I' m the WORST person to ask about Burnout, lol.. I really liked the sense of speed in the original Burnout for the PS2, played a little bit of part 2 and didn' t care for it as much, and I have Burnout Legends for the PSP, and its still shrink wrapped after all these months - had too many other PSP games to play.

But if you' re a Burnout fan, then the solution could be to buy Burnout Revenge and rent Full Auto..

I don' t know about Terry but i got PGR3, NFS:MW and RR6 and i' m still getting Burnout Revenge. It' s going to be amazing and i can' t wait to get it on Live and make some enemies!

I got my ass handed to me last night playing DoA4 online. I wasn' t even playing badly, but the competition is incredible...

Once I began strategic button-mashing I didn' t lose as badly anymore . We' re a lot less predictable than players who use pure skill. It' s a different story with Wrestle Kingdom unfortunately since some of those Japanese players can be quite brutal!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: FULL AUTO = Good Fun! - Feb 20, 2006 08:32

Once I began strategic button-mashing I didn' t lose as badly anymore . We' re a lot less predictable than players who use pure skill. It' s a different story with Wrestle Kingdom unfortunately since some of those Japanese players can be quite brutal!

LOL!

I tried everything, and i can play, i can play well. I' m a DoA master if i do say so myself. I simply love the game, just like i loved all the other DoA games (though DoA3 less so, i preferred DoAU). But i just kept getting my ass kicked really badly!

That was last night and i went back on about hours ago, fought 6 different people and 5 of them were only using Hayate. Is there something i don' t know?!

I want to Play Wrestle Kingdom, i fooled Xbox Live into thinking i' m in Japan so i could download the Japanese stuff too, and i thought there was a WK demo but there isn' t. In fact, Japan hardly has anything cool to download. I can' t see how Microsoft expect to win the Japanese over if they don' t have stuff for them to try out...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: FULL AUTO = Good Fun! - Feb 20, 2006 20:12
Demo seemed a bit lame to me too. But it made it look like the actual game would be at least decent.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: FULL AUTO = Good Fun! - Feb 20, 2006 20:48
I found the initial playability of the title better than I had thought it would have been, although it' s playability was slightly quite limited, I was still tempted to see the game, as it' s been a while since anyone attempted diluting a racing game with weapons successfully! Will be interesting to see others comments on the full version here..
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: FULL AUTO = Good Fun! - Feb 20, 2006 23:09
I love games with immense destruction and arcady handling, so I really enjoyed the game. It' s just a shame that the framerate is on occassion horrendous and the unwreck feature makes things just that little bit easy. The online modes are surperb fun though!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: FULL AUTO = Good Fun! - Feb 21, 2006 01:03
Guess i' m in the minority that like it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll