Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month! - Oct 05, 2006 07:10
So basically they will not use cards in stores,or req you to pay via credtcard instead they gonna use the Marketpoint system.

Is that a good thing?

I think so,perhas with huxley you can buy a MS 2100 gamercard and play 2-3 months per card, now that is a lot better then having to charge your cred card,or look at stores for special MMO cards.

This might really broaden up players for upcoming MMO over xbox360.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 4 Oct 06 23:12:56 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month! - Oct 05, 2006 07:21
doesn' t make a difference to me, I guess its a bit more convenient. But as long as Huxley is released on 360 i don' t care how I have to pay the monthly fees.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 4 Oct 06 23:55:19 >
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month! - Oct 05, 2006 07:41
I think is great...but soon MSP will be used for everything, video games, music, MMOs...whats next...food?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month! - Oct 05, 2006 07:45
Sure...its not a nice future ahead if MS want us to pay for XBL then for even the smallest things,imagien if they took Marketpoints for dl a demo of halo3,evertone here would pay for it,even if it woul piss us off,so what are they losing?
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month! - Oct 05, 2006 08:56
This worries me a little because it doesn' t seemlike " real" money. I' ve already spent about 100 pounds on MS points as I bought most of the arcade games, extra content for Call of Duty and Oblivion. havn' t even got round to playing the Oblivion quests yet either!!!

It depends how much per month as well. I resent it really, we already pay for Gold accounts to play online so why the extra charge again? 10 pounds a month on top of broadband and xbox live put me off FF12, hence why I never bought that. I never see anyone on my friends list playing it either
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month! - Oct 05, 2006 11:08
Sorry, but I never really try out the marketplace...

So exactly how does the Marketplace point system work? Do you buy the cards and redeem the points (just like MMOs)?

In that case, I' m alright with it...

Btw, 800 points = ? dollars?

Agent Ghost

RE: MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month! - Oct 05, 2006 11:38
You don' t need MS points to use the marketplace, a lot of content is free to gold and silver users. However a lot of the best things do cost ms points, off the top of my head 80 points=1 USD dollar.

In the US they sell 1600 points for 20 bucks, in Canada we get 1250 points for 20 Canadian dollars (which is a bit of a rip off compared to the American deal).
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 5 Oct 06 3:40:08 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month! - Oct 05, 2006 12:08
It' s not a rip off, canadian money is worth nothing, I rather have pesos than canadian money.
Agent Ghost

RE: MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month! - Oct 05, 2006 13:01
89 cents on the dollar isn' t that bad, and it looks like it will rise even further.

Lately the Canadian dollar is catching up. The US is in so much debt that your having trouble paying the interest. American Politicians can' t even agree on how many Trillions account for the deficit. So don' t be too shocked when your stupid fucking economy collapses.

But you know what it doesn' t even matter, because its all relative. Canadian money is the only currency used in Canada by the consumer.

Nevermind that though, math and logic don' t seem to be your stong suite so let me add the numbers for you:

100/89= 1.1235.... (strength of the American dollar over the Canadian)

1600/1250=1.28 (points offered to americans over candians)

See how these two values are not the same? hence the rip off, although games are far worse, but canada has it better then the rest of the world...
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 5 Oct 06 5:21:56 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month! - Oct 05, 2006 13:18
It comes with the territory.

Every wealthy nation has a large debt. Comparing the debt between the US and Canda is like comparing the differences in debt between a Senator and an immigrant working at McDonalds.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 5 Oct 06 5:38:24 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month! - Oct 05, 2006 15:04
You can buy them on cards at stores or
You can buy them with your credit card through your xbox 360.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month! - Oct 05, 2006 15:42
Id rather charge it to my credit card and not have to go around buying another sort of currency before spending the money. It would be the same as if i had to go to the exchange office every time i wanted a burger!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month! - Oct 05, 2006 16:44
Do you have to buy the necessary MS points? Or will they just keep buying
MS points automatically for you?

As long as you know what you' re spending and there are no hidden charges, then
I suppose that' s fine. I hate hidden charges, they annoy the crap outta me.
< Message edited by Tiz -- 5 Oct 06 8:45:26 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month! - Oct 05, 2006 17:58
My guess is at the end of your month when you need to renew it brings up the live market place and asks you if you want to purchase a renewal then you accept and it takes your points, you may have to purchase more points to get it depending on your balance.

I like that they are doing it this way. I might try it out. It would be really nice if I could just download the whole game to my hard drive and only have to pay for the monthly subscription.
Agent Ghost

RE: MMO costing mspoints,good or bad? PSU will charge 800 per month! - Oct 06, 2006 13:22
you can buy MS points online whenever you want, no subscription bull shit, not sure how it will work for MMOs.

And Evil the difference with the Canadian deficit and the American deficit is that Canada will eventually pay ours off, The US doesn' t have a snow balls chance in hell in paying off their debt, not in the next 500 years anyways.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 6 Oct 06 5:23:09 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message