Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 12, 2007 16:30
I cannot believe that Quez didn' t get this on here first, must still be angry about Trixie.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 12, 2007 16:33
I didn' t care too much for the demo. The battles are not very intuitive at all and they take forever. I am not a fan of long, boring battles. And all this game is is battle after battle after battle. There may be a thing or two you do here and there, but 99% of the game will be battles. Lame.

The music is surprisingly good. I thought that Nobuo' s quality days were long gone. He must have had some help. I do NOT like the song during the boss battle.

The graphics are good, but the character design is stupid. The game seems to have the horrible v-syncing problem that many Xbox 360 games have. Maybe the 360 is weak?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 12, 2007 22:59

There may be a thing or two you do here and there, but 99% of the game will be battles. Lame.

Yes its a demo,you think you shopuld show some story segment out of a 40-60 hour game in a demo?
You wont get it,you wont care.

They just let you check out the battlesystem.

How was the battlesystem?

For me personally it was great,nothing awesome about it,its traditional FF system but with a boost meter too,and lots of skills.
Anyone who dislike this system must hate the FF combat and if that is the case then fine,but dont pretend like you' re some big jrpg lover.

I managed to finish the two demos,they were great but you only fight,and I doubt people buy rpgs just to do battles,well sure they like to build and adjust the character which you can do plenty in BD since there is classes to choose from and shadow skills and its fun powerleveling someone + its included in some achivments to powerlevel.

But people buy JRPG for the story and characters.
Now you could look at the characters and think...ahum seriously wtf?!
But look at FF7 Cloud doesnt look like a normal guy either.
Same with zidane.

ps! alijay I had the demo just a few min after it was out,but I was hoping you guys would miss it because you guys suck and cant judge a jrpg as me the true gosu of kikizo!!
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 12 Jul 07 15:00:07 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 13, 2007 02:47
It reminded me of Dark Cloud, Okage Shadow King and Final Fantasy:Mystic Quest all rolled into one.

I kinda' like it.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 13, 2007 06:46

I cannot believe that Quez didn' t get this on here first, must still be angry about Trixie.

Actually I think he mentioned it in the MS E3 thread

... I thought they made the demo too easy. I didnt even have to fight the fish things, I just ran to the door to the boss. Then when I was fighting the boss all I had to do was use the attack that damages all enemies and it was pretty much over. I didnt like the fact that the characters ran as slow as erosion either. Im not sure what to think, the demo was okay I guess, but Im not sure if I want to waste money and time on it
QuezcatoL

RE: My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 13, 2007 08:31
There was 3 bosses on that level and the 2nd+third will not let you allow to just use " attacks" trust me.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 13, 2007 12:14
Quez, your character kicks ass
QuezcatoL

RE: My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 13, 2007 20:44
For you people who thought the demo was tough,the enemies arn' ät supposed to be that strong in that part of the game nor were your team.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 16, 2007 01:27
Nice demo but woah that Boss Theme has to be the best thing Uematsu has composed - ever. On par with his Black Mages stuff.

Anyway, I' ll pick this game up. Might be one of the best RPGs coming out this year after the disappointment that FFXII was.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 16, 2007 01:55
../\.
. |
. |
QuezcatoL

RE: My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 16, 2007 07:06

Nice demo but woah that Boss Theme has to be the best thing Uematsu has composed - ever. On par with his Black Mages stuff.

Its Ian Gillian who sings,if you dont know who that is- then I feel sorry for you.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 16, 2007 07:53
Of course I know him. He was singing for Deep Purple for a long time. I also have to add that his vocals are still fantastic and he still has got a lot of power in his voice, despite being well over 60 years old.
QuezcatoL

RE: My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 16, 2007 07:56
The old women behind kyles moms voice in Southpark do the voice for SHu in BD.

It annoys me like hell.

Cause all other voices are superb,so havnt decied yet if im gonna use japanese voices or not.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 16, 2007 09:20
after playing the demo my fist impressions have been confirmed, this may become the gayest game ever made
QuezcatoL

RE: My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 16, 2007 19:18
Yoshitaka Amano has told Sakaguchi he liks to work with him again.

You heard that you fuckers?

Its over FF-serie is lost,move on.

Eddie_the_Hated

RE: My name is not Quez...Blue Dragon demo on XBL - Jul 16, 2007 22:42
I' d be just fine with that. Final Fantasy is getting stale. This isn' t revolutionary no, but it' s a new concept with some fresh characters, and a different backdrop. You can look at all of the environments in Final Fantasy & go... yup... it' s Final Fantasy alright.

" And That' s No Good!"

Really? I thought that theme was terrible. I couldn' t care less if somebody is belting out quasirock in Japanese, I can' t understand the majority of what he' s saying so it' s not bad. But to hear somebody get that intense in English with a videogame featuring a dyslexic lion that eats grubs...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll