Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Do you listen to Video Game music?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 13, 2004 21:38
Do you enjoy video game soundtracks?
If so, which are some of your favorites and which game companies and/or composers are your favorites in that department??

99% of the music I listen to are from game music CDs or video games themselves.
Consider me mainly a Sega, Konami, and Falcom music fan. I love SOOO many soundtracks from those companies that it would be a long ass list to post right away.

Namco is slowly but surely getting added to that list, their Dragon Spirit and Dragon Saber game themes rocked hard and I' ve liked some of their Ridge Racer V, Klonoa 2, Mr. Driller, Mr. Driller Land, and Breakdown music!! Even though I only liked Knightmare' s theme from Soul Calibur, it was good enough to mention.

I like Taito' s Zuntata but have always had mixed feelings about their music as each of their games and CDs tend to have 1 REALLY good track with the rest being quite average. The only exception I' ve encountered was Darius Gaiden which had TWO good tracks!

Also, if you love you some game music, are there any sites you go to to satisfy that game music craving? If so, which ones??
I like VGmusic.com, VGmix.com, and Overclocked Remix among others.
For buying CDs I' m always hanging out at Gamemusiconline.com, Gexpress.com, cart-mart.com, and Japanvideogames.com...
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 13, 2004 22:00
I listen To HALO and GTA Vice City soundtrack.But i also injoy music from Metal Gear Solid,Zelda,Soul Calibur and alot of other games.

+I dont waste my $ on Game Music i just go and download it.ITs fast,easy and FREE.
< Message edited by russian mobster -- 6/13/2004 10:01:09 PM >
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 13, 2004 22:16
both martin o' donnel' s halo score and harry gregson williams' s mgs score are great, and i also like panzer dragoon orta' s, soul calibur' s, xenosaga' s, and ikaruga' s.
< Message edited by panzer_baiken -- 6/13/2004 10:17:45 PM >
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 13, 2004 22:49
Halo is definatly the best, other than that, um, panzeer sragoon is good.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 14, 2004 00:07
There' s definitely much better music out there than Halo, unless you' re only looking for something that is similar to a score.

The only tune I liked in Ridge Racer V was Samaurai Rocket. That game needs an OST as there are many MANY glitches in that sound within the game. I like tons of other stuff from any game company, just as long as it' s good. I have a huge collection of the stuff, and I like game music enough to the point where wimpy ALT-PRESET-STANDARD LAME encoded MP3' s aren' t good enough. MP3' s are good enough for the music of Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears (and I know you guys like those two if you don' t like more game music), but not for real music. :)
Terry Bogard

RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 14, 2004 01:19

The only tune I liked in Ridge Racer V was Samaurai Rocket.

I loved Samurai Rocket, but one of my other favorites is Dare Devil!
Joe Redifer

RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 14, 2004 04:15
So is there an OST, or am I limited to the glitchy audio streaming from the game?
Terry Bogard

RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 14, 2004 05:04
There IS an OST!
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 14, 2004 05:13
I remember I had the Lunar: SSSC soundtrack in my car for several months.

I also really liked some of the music from the FF and GT series, and to be perfectly honest, I think that the award for best soundtrack of all time EASILY goes to Castlevania: SotN.
Joe Redifer

RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 14, 2004 06:49
Symphony of the Night was a great soundtrack (full of synthesized fake instruments, but still great). It was done by the same composer who gave us, ummm, Rocket Knight Adventures!

F-Zero X Guitar Arrange is freakin' awesome.

Dracula Battle 1 and 2 just floor me.

Konami Shooting Battle (with hard rock tunes from Grab My err.. Gradius, Salamander AND Lifeforce! This is the first disc with Salamander and Life Force music on the same CD!

Snatcher Battle is a rare find, but the music is once again tremendously good.
Idekii

• Total Posts : 52
RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 14, 2004 07:13
I' m a fan of Guilty Gear X' s music myself, as well as anything pretty much all music coming out of Square-Enix. I also enjoy listening to old-school Capcom music, and have gotten much enjoyment out of my copy of the Street Fighter Tribute Album.

I mentioned this in another topic, but I find myself listening to GamingFM quite a bit. Good stuff.
Joe Redifer

RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 14, 2004 09:33
Awesome. Streaming game music, complete with song and game information updated IMMEDIATELY as the song changes. Just added to my iTunes. Thanks for the link!
ColdFusion

• Total Posts : 35
RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 14, 2004 12:54
Metal Gear Solid, Halo, Guilty Gear X2, just about anything for real
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 14, 2004 14:18
I love Hitman:Contract' s soundtrack. Its probably the only game music CD I' d buy.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 14, 2004 16:39
I' ve been getting video game soundtracks lately. Most recent is the 4 CD FFVII OST
I am also trying to get all the soundtracks for the games that I own.

Nobuo Umatsue is one guy I like. He did the FF music and also has a band called the Black Mages where they take FF tunes and put a rock twist onto it.
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 14, 2004 18:30
i like Guilty Gear Music too but i also like any and (almost all) fighting game music like King of Fighters, Rage of the Dragons , and pretty much many thing SNK. they make good game music. FF is the best of all but Crono Cross music is nothing to sleep on, that is great music. as for what i own is king of fighters music and street fighter music. i have Guilty Gear music but the first game music. i have the other GG games why buy the music if the have a jukebox type of thing in the game.
Joe Redifer

RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 14, 2004 21:59
I don' t think Nobuo has anything to do with the Black Mages. If I' m wrong (which is a possibility), could you posst a link to the information? :)
SoulOfXion

• Total Posts : 21
RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 14, 2004 22:23
i listen to the music for all games while acctually playing the game, i liked the music from Freedom Fighters alot, i mostly play CS and SC( counter-strike and starcraft) and as many of you may know cs has no music, so i will put in som Mudvayne, Killswitch engage or other metal bands....i have never bought and never plan on buyign a soundtrack, i did download Deus Ex: Invisable War' s sound track from Fileplanet though...it was free i could not say no
< Message edited by SoulOfXion -- 6/14/2004 10:24:21 PM >
Joe Redifer

RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 15, 2004 01:44
I recently discovered Sega Rock volume 1 and 2. Pretty cool! They have some rock renditions of Phantasy Star 1-4, Rambo: First Blood Part II (old Sega Master Systm game like Ikari Warriors), and a few other games which I have no clue what they are! Mostly good stuff, though.
Terry Bogard

RE: Do you listen to Video Game music? - Jun 15, 2004 01:55
And WHERE did you discover this Sega Rock Volume 1 & 2 from??;)
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message