Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 06, 2006 20:20
it seems these gyus were mostly impressed by PS3 but some comments left me skeptical...

http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/82228.shtml
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 06, 2006 20:25
Man...those guys at Gamepro most be really sick...ridge racer in first?

Lost Planet behind Ridge Racer? DOAX2 first than MGS4?

the world is doomed....
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 06, 2006 20:26
Metal Gear Solid at position 8?

No sign of Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon? Where as games like DOAX2
get a position 6 mention? Even if these were in order, it still doesn' t make
a blind bit of sense...

These people are on serious high elements of crack...
Abasoufiane

RE: the 8 best looking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 06, 2006 20:29
they didn' t say it' s ranked but yeah i think they are stoned or something... bt i was impressed that both virtua teniis 3 and ridge racer, which is looking better than ridge racer 6 on 360, are running in 1080p
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 06, 2006 20:36
Oh...by the way Tiz...i am sorry i didn´t answer to your question in another topic but i forgot in which topic you asked me.

I can´t post screens or any othe media about that work i did because It´s part of a theatre adaptation of a Martin McDonagh play called " the pillow man" , so for now they only have copyright for theatre display. But there is will to get license to broadcast the animation in short animation festivals.

So as for now i can´t show anything...If there is news that it has been licensed then i would be most pleased to show it to you
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 06, 2006 20:38
1. Ridge Racer 7 (PS3)
2. Virtua Tennis 3 (PS3)
3. Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Xbox 360)
4. MotorStorm (PS3)
5. Lair (PS3)
6. DOAX2 (Xbox 360)
7. Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)
8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)

Erm, no Crysis? no Rainbow Six? no Gears of War? no Heavenly Sword? no Mass Effect? no BioShock?

Surely the list should read something like:

1. Crysis
2. Mass Effect
3. Gears of War
4. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
5. BioShock
6. Lost Planet
7. Rainbow six: Vegas
8. Heavenly Sword

Still, since when did we start listening to GamePro?!

I think that how games look is a personal taste thing as didfferent people take different aspects into account. Some might not be blown away with say Lair as the enemy character models (soldiers) and landscape texture detail is pretty sub-par, ...but then someone else might be blown away by it' s awesome art direction and stunning animation. It' s hard to judge " what looks good" for everybody and so that list is pretty much retarded.

" Xbox 360 included" ??? Right, like anything on PS3 so far looks as good as Gears of War or Mass Effect. That' ll be why multi-platform games like Assassins Creed, rainbow Six: Vegas, Splinter Cell: Double Agent etc have only been demosnstrated on 360 - because it' s inferior...

This thread is only going to cause an argument so i' ve said my piece and won' t be posting in here again.
Abasoufiane

RE: the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 06, 2006 20:43
there is no argument man this list is retarded, the simpel fact of taking off gears of war, mass effect, lost odissey... shows how this list sucks...
Tiz

RE: the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 06, 2006 21:37
These guys are barking up a piss-laden Sony tree..
Anita

• Total Posts : 71
RE: the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 06, 2006 21:45
WOW you guys really dont like sony do ya
Tiz

RE: the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 06, 2006 22:01
Well, when they lie...

But we hate he-shes even more.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 06, 2006 22:03

ORIGINAL: Anita

WOW you guys really dont like sony do ya

I could pretend to hate Microsoft and say that Sony are showing some nice things but i' m just not convinced because of all the problems the console [is bound to have] has and claim i' m a Nintendo fan but then put them down often and praise Microsoft [who i' m petending to hate] and start numerous pro-Microsoft threads. But i' m not some bullsh!tting muppet...

Y' know, it' s only a small minority that thinks we don' t like Sony. It' s not like that at all.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 07, 2006 00:53
From the hi res videos ive seen.

1) Motorstorm never been into this game, but have to say its fluidness and the way it runs is way above anything ive seen on my 360 / and even pc games. Its engine looks totally different from any other video game ive seen, certainly raises the bar.

2)VF5 best character animation and lightening FX ive ever seen ,the PS3 version already looks near the Arcade visuals.

3)Lost planet, this impresses me MUCH more than Gears of war, the animations better, has much better FX and there’s much more going on, the gameplay is MUCH more valid and it runs twice as smooth ' 60fps' .. Im quite sure technically ive seen the best 360 will offer (Capcom has mentioned that this pushes their engine to its limits).
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 07, 2006 01:46
I just can' t believe how they rated Ridge 7 and VT3 above VF5.

Pathetic... VT3 looks very good but is not in the same league as VF5 visually.

Lost Planet, Motor Storm, Gears, and MGS 4 are all lovely graphically so no quams there. Lair however just looks poor, bad frame rate low res textures all make the detailed cahracter models seem like a waste.

and it runs twice as smooth ' 60fps'

Really... Good to hear if so as the E3 demo that I' ve been playing on XB Live is only 30fps. Solid 30fps mind you with only a little slow down, but like Resi 4 it' s everything else which make it look so good.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 6 Oct 06 17:51:37 >
Tiz

RE: the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 07, 2006 01:58
Lost Planet is 30fps with motion blur to make it look double-smooth.

A BlimBlim told me...
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 07, 2006 02:06
The motion blur definitely doesn' t make it look double smooth. It' s still very noticeable as 30fps. But like Resi 4 it looks very solid and the animation is well done. In Lost Planet' s case not running at 60fps is a non issue for me anyways, though at 60 the thing would look bloody incredible.

Blurring, or blurring frames together makes a lower framerate flow smoother togther, though the actual framerate is still apparent. Kinda like film, you can tell that the CGI is not 60fps, or the people as they move around, but it looks very smooth so it' s not an issue.

60fps sometimes looks more un natural, but at the same time always gives that wow factor. It' s that silky smooth look.
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 08, 2006 00:24
I say the best looking games at tgs were:

1:lost odyssey (You can complain about the gameplay but graphically it' s killed every game)
2:virtua fighter 5
3:Metal gear solid 4
4:Lost planet
5:Trusty bell (is we are talking looks, I think it' s the best cell shaded game I' ve seen)
6:heavenly sword
7:resistance
8:Blue dragon

I put blue dragon at 8, because It' s not graphically mind blowing, although I know it' ll be one of my fav 360 titles!

Gears of war, mass effect weren' t at TGS, so they aint on my list!
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: the 8 best loking games in TGS according to gamepro - Oct 08, 2006 05:00
Gamepro used to be such a good magazine, sadly they have turned to the ways of junk...and therefore are a bad magazine... :/

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll