Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 More GTAIV Details...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
More GTAIV Details... - Apr 17, 2007 23:55

It sounds better than i expected
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: More GTAIV Details... - Apr 18, 2007 00:30
Ladies and Gentlemen we have the game of the year.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: More GTAIV Details... - Apr 18, 2007 03:05
Wow. I really wasn' t expecting much from GTAIV but it sounds awesome now.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: More GTAIV Details... - Apr 18, 2007 08:35
It certainly is looking good. It appears they' ve ditched the silly kiddie appeal like jetpacks and the like and gone for much more mature grittier tone which is good.
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: More GTAIV Details... - Apr 18, 2007 09:09
I' m still concerned with the downloadable content bullshit. Why can' t they just make a complete game and sell it like the rest of the market?

Seriously, terrible fucking idea.
Nitro

RE: More GTAIV Details... - Apr 18, 2007 09:14
The DLC will likely just be additional missions, set within the same confines of the retail release. I don' t understand your concern.

You' re saying that they' ll purposefully leave already planned content out so they can sell it at a later date?

Unless it' s an actual expansion like Shivering Isles with all new areas, what difference does it make if they release a vehicle set, some additional outfits/weapons/missions etc...?

It' s not like they' ll expand the story through DLC, it' ll just be sidequest stuff.
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: More GTAIV Details... - Apr 18, 2007 09:43

The DLC will likely just be additional missions, set within the same confines of the retail release. I don' t understand your concern.

Those missions should be on the PS3 and the PC. Those missions should be included with the $60 pricetag.

You' re saying that they' ll purposefully leave already planned content out so they can sell it at a later date?

Maybe, maybe not.

Unless it' s an actual expansion like Shivering Isles with all new areas, what difference does it make if they release a vehicle set, some additional outfits/weapons/missions etc...?

Because they are nickel and diming consumers! They should be dedicated to creating an experience and then selling it like everybody else.

It' s not like they' ll expand the story through DLC, it' ll just be sidequest stuff.

The content will probably be compelling enough. This is Rockstar screwing over its fans.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: More GTAIV Details... - Apr 18, 2007 11:34

Because they are nickel and diming consumers! They should be dedicated to creating an experience and then selling it like everybody else.

Its rockstar...not like anyones surprised. They dont care i mean its gonna sell just because the 3 words on the box " Grand Theft Auto"
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: More GTAIV Details... - Apr 18, 2007 18:37
Didn' t enjot GTA all that much, reading this article though makes it sound interesting. However I' m still expecting that it would be a game i' ll enjoy but not be othered to complete... Hope I' m wrong.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: More GTAIV Details... - Apr 18, 2007 19:38
While I didnt learn anything new from this article, it still was cool to find out you can finally break car windows with your elbow.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: More GTAIV Details... - Apr 19, 2007 01:33

I' m still concerned with the downloadable content bullshit. Why can' t they just make a complete game and sell it like the rest of the market?

Will you quit whining like a moron. They PLAN to MAKE content AFTER the game is released. They arent being like EA and releasing things like Jerseys and Stadiums the day the game releases.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: More GTAIV Details... - Apr 19, 2007 10:32
EA brand downloadable ankle-tatoos for your characters = 500 points. It' s coming.

I had something of a vendetta against the GTA series up until quite recently, I' ll admit. But my friend gave me a copy of Liberty City Stories for PSP & I have to say, it' s starting to grow on me. I' m liking the " Gangster" Liberty City Stories more than the " Gangsta" San Andreas I played last year for sure. As of late I' ve been cruising around the map listening to the radio stations. Absolutely brilliant humor.

My eye will be on this for sure.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: More GTAIV Details... - Apr 19, 2007 11:54
I was just thinking, what if the game had a character that was South Korean considering the VA tech shooting incident involved a South Korean?
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: More GTAIV Details... - Apr 19, 2007 17:28

Will you quit whining like a moron. They PLAN to MAKE content AFTER the game is released. They arent being like EA and releasing things like Jerseys and Stadiums the day the game releases.

WHY don' t they MAKE the content FOR THE ORIGINAL RELEASE?

Also, it' s exclusive to one console. Terrible fucking decision.
Nitro

RE: More GTAIV Details... - Apr 19, 2007 17:59

ORIGINAL: DontPeeOnBilly

Also, it' s exclusive to one console. Terrible fucking decision.

But since both versions are getting " exclusive" content it can' t possibly affect the main narrative and will have to be just additional side missions.

I am however starting to get what you' re saying. If they have content in mind now, why can' t they include it in the retail release!?

It' s not like a handful of side quests couldn' t be done very quickly.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: More GTAIV Details... - Apr 19, 2007 18:15
You guys make it sound like IV won' t get any side quests in the original release. This will be a huge multiplatform game. Can you really blame the publisher for accepting incentives from MS and/or Sony for creating exclusive content?

I don' t even care about extra content. If I know anything about videogames and the series, even a barebones (which is an overstatement) IV will give you your moneys worth.

Some of you guys are funny, in your eyes it seems preposterous to pay 5-10$ for extra content for a brilliant game but without flinching you' ll gladly bend over for Nintendo and throw away 50$ for a GIMP game like Excite Truck.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll