Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Most Passionate SNK Fan On Earth
BillyHatcher3

• Total Posts : 5
The Most Passionate SNK Fan On Earth - Sep 05, 2003 16:52
http://www.411mania.com/games/colum...columns_id=1255

I' ve never read anything so emotionally moving about SNK anywhere, ever. A very interesting article on SNK Playmore' s descion to bring SNK vs Capcom Chaos to the Sega Dreamcast, and how much SNK truly cares for its hardcore fan base. Got me ready to run through a brick wall. I' ve gotta check out 411 Games more often.
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: The Most Passionate SNK Fan On Earth - Sep 06, 2003 00:15
The link didnt work for me, please could you check it?
BillyHatcher3

• Total Posts : 5
RE: The Most Passionate SNK Fan On Earth - Sep 10, 2003 11:05
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: The Most Passionate SNK Fan On Earth - Sep 10, 2003 14:26
*sniff sniff*

I think I' m going to cry.

BECAUSE THAT’S SNK. They reward good systems. And even after Sun revived them, the basic principles behind the company stay intact. Let me repeat it: REWARDING GOOD SYSTEMS. The Dreamcast was a great system in terms of catering to a loyal fanbase and innovation. And SNK is still giving us games for it. Who didn’t enjoy Garou, one of the last games to come out for the US Dreamcast. A great little fighting game! And I love KoF2k2. It’s classic KoF action with 3 on 3 fighting. And you know what? Don’t bother comparing it to SNK vs Capcom Chaos. Why? Because there’s no point. It’s got some characters in common but they are different games! Chaos doesn’t try to be Street Fighter. It doesn’t try to be KoF. It just tries to be a wonderful game. And it suceeeds hands down.

Now click on Neo Geo. What’s that? THREE games. For a system that is HOW old? And they’re all incredible games. I’ll admit it. When a new Neo Geo game comes out, I pick it up. And play the shit out of it. I have no problem paying over $100 for a game if it’s for a system I love and for a company who I support. If SNK is willing to take the time to release new games for a system like this, how can you not support them back. I know Frederick Badlissi and I are both NEO Geo fanatics and actively enjoy supporting a company this loyal to their own fanbase. And yes, when SNK vs Capcom Chaos comes out for the Neo Geo I WILL put down the 325$ for this game. Because it’s a throwback to what games are supposed to be: FUN. No complex shit. No CGI. Just a game where two people can bash the shit out of a controller and throw fireballs at each other for a minute. And yes, when KoF2k3 comes out, I’ll be buying that too. ;-) And Metal Slug 4. And oh crap… You see why I don’t bother with the Xbox or Ps2 very often? Because I’m either playing my Game Cube, GBA, some old Sega System or the Neo F’N Geo. Because THEY have the games I enjoy. The games that make me happy.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: The Most Passionate SNK Fan On Earth - Sep 13, 2003 17:50
Yeah SNK is a fantastic company that really does listen to it' s fans, and although the Neo Geo is finally being left behind (KOF 2003 is to be the last on that system) no company has ever thought more about the gamers over profits than them.

The decision to finally move on from Neo was due to the fact that fans cried out for better visuals and more animation. Still, supporting a dead system is great, and if they can still make money from doing it then that' s great too.

If only more companies thought more about what the fans (not ignorant fanboys) wanted then gaming would be a better place.

Oh well here' s to another 23 years of SNK gaming.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: The Most Passionate SNK Fan On Earth - Sep 14, 2003 03:53
While on the subject of SNK and Online stores, I just picked up KOF 2000-2001 for a total of 68 bucks! All that is left is 2002, 98 Dream Match, and 96 for the Saturn and I can die a happy man.

Because knowing my luck I would never see it coming.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll