Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 AAAAHHHHH!!!!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 02, 2006 09:15
how do games pi$$ you off? ....what cheap, @$$hole tactics do game developers use to artificially frustrate that you hate most?....

...right now i' m royally pi$$ed with those stupid freaking micro-second button prompts in Resi4....

...i just spent about an hour and a half trying to do the stage where you' re knife fighting that krouser dude with the red beret.... ....and IT' S F*CKING ANNOYING!!!!!

...it' s a totally retarded game mechanic, which does nothing but irritate the player immensely...

....f*cking dumba$$ way of artificially making a game more difficult, where you' ve got half a freaking micro-second to push exactly the right button combination about 100 times in a row!!!

FU*KING MOTHERF*CKERS!!!!!!!!

....i had to turn it off before the urge to smash the freaking piece of s*it became too strong...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 3 Jul 06 18:15:52 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 02, 2006 09:18
You know what my motto is with shitty/fustrating games? fuck it and chuck it. If any game pisses me off as much as you seem to be I just use the piece of trash as a frisbee and see how far I can throw it.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 02, 2006 09:21
I actually LOVED those parts of the game...
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 02, 2006 09:22

You know what my motto is with shitty/fustrating games? fuck it and chuck it. If any game pisses me off as much as you seem to be I just use the piece of trash as a frisbee and see how far I can throw it.

haha...same her...

remember, games are supposed to be entertaining not irritating
Bishonen

RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 02, 2006 09:36

You know what my motto is with shitty/fustrating games? fuck it and chuck it. If any game pisses me off as much as you seem to be I just use the piece of trash as a frisbee and see how far I can throw it

...i don' t know if i could restrain myself long enough to calmly push the eject button and take it the tray....

.....last time i got majorly pi$$ed, i smashed to sh*it my beloved DOA saves dead-box....

....i' ve already destroyed one of the controllers for my crystal-box, and recently came dangerously close to completely totalling it....

....i think they need to start making these machines out of rubber...
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 3 Jul 06 17:58:24 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 02, 2006 09:46
You' re playing the PS2 version of Resident Evil 4 aren' t ya?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 02, 2006 10:10
He did say ' eject' , Unless he has some sort of screwed up Gamecube.

And Bish, those arent hard. easy in fact.

But then again, U gota havea tha skillzzz!
Nitro

RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 02, 2006 10:23
The stupid PS2 pad is the problem!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 02, 2006 10:39
Don' t think I' ve ever had the urge to break something over a game or any form of entertainment. Usually if a game keeps beating me it just makes me want to complete it even more. If you' ve tried for an hour and a half and still can' t do it, blame yourself rather than the game/developers because it' s obviously something you' re doing wrong. Walk away, come back later with a clear mind and think about it logically.

....i think they need to start making these machines out of rubber...

Or perhaps you need to manage your anger a little more. This post reminds me of Croyt and his Halo 2 adventures.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 02, 2006 13:59

Man Thats the most direspectful Thing i have ever heard you say the ps2 game pad is the best one in the world to me
Nitro

RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 02, 2006 22:40

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

the ps2 game pad is the best one in the world to me

Silentbomber

RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 02, 2006 22:57
Other people are allowed to have Opinions too Majik.
Bishonen

RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 02, 2006 23:11

And Bish, those arent hard. easy in fact.

But then again, U gota havea tha skillzzz!

Don' t think I' ve ever had the urge to break something over a game or any form of entertainment. Usually if a game keeps beating me it just makes me want to complete it even more. If you' ve tried for an hour and a half and still can' t do it, blame yourself rather than the game/developers because it' s obviously something you' re doing wrong. Walk away, come back later with a clear mind and think about it logically.

...i don' t think you guys know what i' m talking about exactly.....

...whilst normally those flashing button prompts in Resi4 are more or less straight forward to beat... ...towards the end of the game, ie the specific boss encounter which i' m talking about, they become immensely difficult, and not much more than a lame excuse to annoy the player....

....to be exact, during a cut-scene, your character is involved in a knife fight with a kind of arch-nemesis character caller krouser (or something)... ....as the cutscene unfolds, during key points of the fight (around seven ?) a random button combination (such LT & RT) will flash on screen for an extremely brief moment, which if you fail to execute, has your character dying instantly (stabbed in the heart, throat slit etc), with you having to restart from your last save point all over again (i try not to use continues in Resi4)...

....you can' t really comment on this unless you know EXACTLY what i' m talking about... ..but as a person who prefers difficult games (Halo 2 legendary, Ninja Gaiden hurricane packs).... ..i know 100% the difference between me sucking and unnecessary difficulty....

....i mean this is all happening during a CUTSCENE! ...these prompts up until this stage were mostly irrelevant, but quite fun... ...but now, the games makers are using it on ridiculously hard mode to artificially make the game super difficult, just because the player has reached a key battle towards the end of the game.....

...anyway:

....how do games pi$$ you off? ....what cheap, @$$hole tactics do game developers use to artificially frustrate that you hate most?....

^^
^^
^^
...this thread is about what you feel to be unfair methods developers use to slow down your progress during a game...

...discuss..
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 3 Jul 06 17:58:53 >
Nitro

RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 02, 2006 23:35

...towards the end of the game, ie the specific boss encounter which i' m talking about, they become immensely difficult, and not much more than a lame excuse to annoy the player....

I love that cutscene though, it just takes practice and determination. I mean, you know where all the buttons on the pad are, you grew up with them.

Daxter on PSP uses the same kind of on-screen button prompt setup and Tomb Raider Legend uses them. They' re a little trickier in RE4 but i can' t say i ever had a problem with them. I don' t remember getting stuck where you are.

I think you should try having a couple of beers because as with playing pool, it relax' s your hands and could be helpful in this situation. And yes, i realise i' m suggesting the consumption of alcohol to a minor!

Is this the first time you' ve played through RE4?! Don' t you have a Gamecube?!

Oh, and you' ll defonately want to play as Krauser in the mercenaries section, he kicks muchos ass!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 03, 2006 01:54
Pro evo games are annoying when the ref blows the whistle for no reason.

Pro 3 particularly where if you went on the counter attack and someone took the
ball from you, and you took it back, it would just say hand ball because they knew
you were going to score...
Silentbomber

RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 03, 2006 02:14

Oh, and you' ll defonately want to play as Krauser in the mercenaries section, he kicks muchos ass!

Ha ha! I think so too, that guy is the best. In fact i ranked up some nice scores.
Nitro

RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 03, 2006 03:53
Yeah, he' s easily the coolest/strongest/most baddass character available.

Leon and Ada are cool but Hunk (who isn' t even IN the main game), Wesker and Krauser are cooler.

I have played with Hunk and Krauser the most and got some insanely high scores. Taking the dual-bladed, bag headed chainsaw freaks out with Krausers dash move is probably the most satisfying thing you can do in the game!
Bishonen

RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 03, 2006 05:11

Is this the first time you' ve played through RE4?! Don' t you have a Gamecube?!

...nope... ...i don' t own a gamecube, but i did play the GC version without completing it...

...actually, i was going to buy a GC, just to play Resi4 (and Eternal Darkness), but when it was revealed that it was going to be ported to PS2, with a new 20+ hour side-quest called ' Separate Ways' starring Ada, a new destructo-kill-everything-onscreen beam gun and new outfits and stuff, i new that i' d be waiting for that version...

....i didn' t get as far on the GC version, but i think the PS2 version might be more unforgiving when it comes to these button combo parts...
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 3 Jul 06 17:59:16 >
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 03, 2006 11:37

i think the PS2 version might be more unforgiving when it comes to these button combo parts...

That' s probably what it is, because I was able to get through the scene you' re talking about on the first try. I can' t think of a reason why they would make the button-press cutscenes more difficult on PS2, though.

I' m not sure if this artificially raises the difficulty, but as far as cheap-ass, infuriating things developers do, I would say that recycling characters sometimes gets annoying. The game that was the worst in this regard in my experience was Dead to Rights. The game used a helicopter for a boss fight at least three times. They didn' t change the way you fight it, the way it attacks, anything about it. You are fighting the same boss every time, three times. That denotes an extreme lack of creativity and originality on the part of the developer, and is very annoying as I hated that boss-fight enough the first time I went through it.
< Message edited by he -- 3 Jul 06 3:39:12 >
Silentbomber

RE: AAAAHHHHH!!!! - Jul 03, 2006 22:27
I played both versions and didnt notice any changes in difficultly in these parts.

Just keep tryin.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 3 Jul 06 14:27:51 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message