Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 01, 2007 09:27
Let me start off by saying I don' t buy games very often. I love them, but buying every new release just isn' t the priority it used to be.
I happen to have enough of a gap in my budget this week to make a couple of guilt-free 360 purchases.
This morning I stopped by Wal-mart on the way home and there was NOTHING I wanted to buy on the shelves. I haven' t gone to Gamestop yet, so I know I haven' t seen all my choices. I' m going there tomorrow, so what two games should I pick up?

I' ve already got Oblivion.
I' m not into FPS at all really. I' m considering Forza 2, but if it' s as " deep" as the GT series, I' m not going to get the most out of it. ( I want a game, not a second job)

I DON' T WANT GOW, so don' t even suggest it.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 01, 2007 11:24

seen all my choices. I' m going there tomorrow, so what two games should I pick up?

Heres a small list of games i made a while back....

Crackdown
Gears of War
GRAW
GRAW 2
R6: Vegas
Shadowrun
COD 2
COD 3
Condemned
Oblivion
Lost Planet
SC: Double Agent
Overlord
DOA4
Farcry
Kameo
NFS: MW
Quake 4
Viva Pinata
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 01, 2007 12:08
You' re supposed to be playing a story-based game with lots of cut scenes and voice acting that takes 35 hours minimum for a single playthrough and then gets put back on the shelf forever. Oh wait... that could be ANY game these days.
nekkid_monkey

RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 01, 2007 12:10

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

Heres a small list of games i made a while back....

Crackdown
Gears of War
GRAW
GRAW 2
R6: Vegas
Shadowrun
COD 2
COD 3
Condemned
Oblivion
Lost Planet
SC: Double Agent
Overlord
DOA4
Farcry
NFS: MW
Quake 4
Viva Pinata

without the FPS' s or GOW that leaves:

Crackdown: rented it, not worth buying

Kameo: i already traded that one in

NFS: MW : hmmm, that' s a possibility

Viva Pinata : got it, still trying to get into it

SC: Double Agent: I' m sick of the series already. I don' t want to play another one.

Condemned: I thought that sucked? Nobody seemed to like it around launch.

Lost Planet: rented it, got bored and took it back to the store early

DOA4: got it

Oblivion : got it

Overlord : There' s an active thread thrashing that one

Well...fuck. When is Mass Effect coming?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 01, 2007 12:17

NFS: MW : hmmm, that' s a possibility

Viva Pinata : got it, still trying to get into it

Condemned: I thought that sucked? Nobody seemed to like it around launch.

I recommend these games because they' re down to like $30 I think. MW will give you about 2+ weeks of gameplay. Same with Viva, that is if you can get into it, and Condemned was actually pretty popular I thought, but I could be wrong and it could be just me that liked it. It wont give you more than a week and a half unless you dont play often or if you try to get all the achievments

Well...***. When is Mass Effect coming?

I wouldnt expect it any time soon
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 01, 2007 12:48
I finished Condemnded, and i can say the game is good but not great , this is no AAA titles, the atmosphere is excellent but it gets repetitive, gameplay wise and specialy graphic wise, fortunatly it' s not a long game... all in all i don' think it' s worth buying unless if it' s very cheap but you don' t like FPS don' t you... well this is a very slow fps.

Lost Planet , i' m playing it right now, and though the graphics are " sometimes" very impressive, the gameplay is frustrating, you always have top worrry about that count down, and man when enemies start raining fires on you, it' s hard to stop them until you receive " massive damage" ;)... that was mentioned in one of the reviews i read and NOW i know exactly what they are talking about ... for now on my third mission i can say it' s a fun game but that' s not a very good game.

either you buy the other suggestions , or i would Definitly recommend Vegas even if it' s an FPS, but it doesn' t pay like an FPS , this is a VERY GOOD GAME...

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 01, 2007 13:34
I was thinking the same thing nekkid.

I was going to go to EBgames today and buy a PC game. Which would take most of the day since the store that I like is located in another city. I told myself, well there are no new releases, what' s the point? Fuck it, I' ll just read a book.

It seems like the best games in ' 07 are going to be release between August and November. But damn those months are going to be the best I' ve ever seen. Ten years from now, we' ll still be talking about Fall of ' 07, well maybe not but it' s still going to be pretty sweet. I suggest saving your money for the fall. There' s about 5 to 10 AAA games I' ll be buying in that period. It seems like most of the games I' ve been anticipating for years are all rushing through the door at the same time, I hope my semester is not too brutal with homework.

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 01, 2007 20:32
if you have other consoles try buying something for them, everybody has missed at least 1 great game on the ps2/gc/xbox gen that you havent played yet, get that.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 01, 2007 21:08

if you have other consoles try buying something for them, everybody has missed at least 1 great game on the ps2/gc/xbox gen that you havent played yet, get that.

good point
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 01, 2007 21:43
Please dont buy Quake 4, theres an incredible amount of trash inside the box.
nekkid_monkey

RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 01, 2007 22:49

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Yeah, that' s what I' m sure I' ll end up doing. I was just making sure there wasn' t something spectacular that I missed somehow.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 01, 2007 23:10

Please dont buy Quake 4, theres an incredible amount of trash inside the box.

Its a decent shooter. but the fps is a bit broken!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 01, 2007 23:23
Xbox 360

-Dirt
-Forza Motorsport 2
-Condemned: Criminal Origins
-PGR3

These are all good if you' re looking for a quick-fix on the 360.

Last Gen

God of War
God of War II
Okami
Psychonauts
Metal Gear Solid 1 2 & 3
Pikmin 1 & 2
Socom 2 or 3 (Online components are both going strong for both)
Katamari Damacy
We Love Katamari

All of those are amazing games, and every one except God of War II runs under 30 bucks.

My suggestion? Buy 1 or 2 last-gen gems & wait for Sept-Nov.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 02, 2007 03:08
Dead rising is a game im pretty intrested in.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 02, 2007 03:22
You haven' t played it yet? It' s pretty awesome, despite the weak save feature. I spend more time just running around whacking zombies than completing missions. It' s why I have like 2 achievements for it.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 02, 2007 05:03
It might help ig you told us what games you do have.

From what' s been suggested, Dead Rising and NFS: Most Wanted are both worth getting. If you' re not playin in HD then Most Wanted will run at 60fps, otherwise it' s 30. Dead Rising simply owns. Download the demo and see what you think.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 02, 2007 06:36
No i havn' t tried DR yet,and all though im thinking of the darkness,I have already call of juarez + overlord to finish and some games on hard,like COD3+MTW2.

So Im more intrested in DR for fun times fast.

At the same time The darkness looks kind of epic and awesome graphically so its hard choice...
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 02, 2007 12:21

Last Gen

God of War
God of War II
Okami
Psychonauts
Metal Gear Solid 1 2 & 3
Pikmin 1 & 2
Socom 2 or 3 (Online components are both going strong for both)
Katamari Damacy
We Love Katamari

Man, I keep my eyes open for Psychonauts everytime I look around in stores but haven' t been seeing it. I might end up just getting the PC version.

Speaking of last-gen titles, Jade Empire seems top-notch.
< Message edited by Zoy -- 2 Jul 07 4:21:55 >
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 02, 2007 14:14
If you dont have Dead Rising then you really should buy it, its a good game despite the fuking awful save system (witch will make you throw your controller more than once) and is a necessary buy for 360 if you dont like FPS´s.

Psychonauts is a great game that you must play in PS2 due to the controller, i would also recommend Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Okami, and Oddworld: Stranger´s Wrath.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 2 Jul 07 6:18:37 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: OK, WTF am I supposed to be playing? - Jul 02, 2007 18:03

ORIGINAL: fernandino

If you dont have Dead Rising then you really should buy it, its a good game despite the fuking awful save system (witch will make you throw your controller more than once) and is a necessary buy for 360 if you dont like FPS´s.

Psychonauts is a great game that you must play in PS2 due to the controller, i would also recommend Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Okami, and Oddworld: Stranger´s Wrath.

Yes.

Dead Rising
Psychonauts
Okami
Oddworld: Stranger' s Wrath

Never played Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, so I don' t know about that one. The other ones are definite keepers, though.

I would like to say that I really liked Tomb Raider: Legend on the 360. I know I' m not the only one either!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message