Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crackdown demo
Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 93 of 93
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 19:52
Well... Nitro quote: Majik.... What do you do when you play the demo?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 21:13
My problem isn' t the premise or nature of the gameplay, it' s everything else. Terrible controls, specifically the aiming mechanic. Everything from vehicles, characters etc are all " floaty" . Shoddy animations, shoddy sound effects, shoddy models for both the characters and vehicles (the only thing i like graphically is the hard-line graphic novel-esque style). Enemy AI blows. Environments are nicely lit but boring and the character skins are just stupid.

The skill progression is nice but it doesn' t offer anything we haven' t already seen. Personally i don' t like it. It' s nowhere near as good as Dead Rising.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 21:13
Its fun the style is cool but it also has a few things that annoy me. However I can get for about $40 since it' ll retail for $50 (right ? Aside form Gears arnt MS produced games only $50?)

Then again my birthday will only be a short time later. Sooo like Viva Pinata or Marvel Ultimate Alliance, games I wouldnt buy myself but instead recieve as a gift.

Hard to say about this game. Fun but limited.
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 26, 2007 22:39
I don' t know; I' m quite enjoying it actually. It' s just a fun escapism you can play for half an hour with no strings attached. As for the animations and combat, they are vastly improved over other games in this genre, where character look like they' re suffering epileptic fits everytime they shoot (see GTA, for example). The story should also lend a nice sense of direction to the game, which the demo is sorely lacking.
< Message edited by papado -- 26 Jan 07 14:40:49 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 27, 2007 11:07
Yeah, i finally got finished downloading the demo, and im actually pleased with it. I like running around spin kicking random people and jumping to high parts of the game. Other than that the missions kinda suck
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 28, 2007 02:53
Isn' t the demo on the latest cover disk of OXM360? If so I might just get that at least that way I am not using up disk space, if I think it is crap.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 28, 2007 04:14
If it' s crap then just delete it from your harddrive. No need for OXM360.
mastachefbkw

RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 28, 2007 08:51

Isn' t the demo on the latest cover disk of OXM360? If so I might just get that at least that way I am not using up disk space, if I think it is crap.

Wait. So instead of just downloading and trying it out, your gonna pay $10 for a magazine?
alijay034

RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 28, 2007 09:44
The mag isn' t that bad plus you get other Demo' s as well, better than having to wait for the demo to finish and then realise that the game is rubbish.
mastachefbkw

RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 28, 2007 10:43

The mag isn' t that bad plus you get other Demo' s as well, better than having to wait for the demo to finish and then realise that the game is rubbish.

But the other demos you can also download. And everything you find in the magazine you can get from websites.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 28, 2007 12:25

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

But the other demos you can also download. And everything you find in the magazine you can get from websites.

And a month earlier too.
alijay034

RE: Crackdown demo - Jan 28, 2007 19:39
Well I was given a free subscription to use, so I thought I might as well use it on something I would read, plus you get a free bag..(Freebies are always good.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crackdown demo - Feb 05, 2007 02:38
Hmmm, well after giving the game more time it' s definitely growing on me. Vice City Stories is too, but the thing about Crackdown is that on the surface if you don' t pay much attention it appears shallow and tedious, but Crackdown has more depth than i had originally thought.

Also, technically, it dawned on me earlier just how much was actually going on in the streets. There were tons of cars and NPC' s and battles going on, and the scene was busier and far more impressive than N3. I can' t tell what the polycount is like but it' s definitely technically impressive. I may pick this up come Feb 23rd.
Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 93 of 93

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message