Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New PS2 Castlevania game
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
New PS2 Castlevania game - Jan 24, 2005 00:46
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (or some such nonsense) is coming for your PS2 and it has 3D gameplay similar to the last PS2 version; Lameness of Innocence (which was about as enjoyable as wiping your ass with sandpaper).

It seems that Konami is incapable of learning from their horrible, horrible mistakes. They failed TWICE at 3D versions on the N64 as well as a 3D attempt for the Dreamcast that was canned before release. The PS2 version was pretty poor and this new version will probably be mediocre as well. But still Konami persists with their poor 3D Castlevanias and their poor 3D Contras. Speaking of Contra, there were 2 3D failures of that on the PS and Saturn. And then they released the side-scrolling PS2 version which was fairly successful. Then they have a relapse and release another horrible 3D Contra that few bought. Anyway I will reserve final judgment for the new Castlevania until it comes out, but given Konami' s track record with making things 3D it does not look good.

Long live the 2D versions like Symphony of the Night and the upcoming DS Area of Sorrow sequel starring that super hot babe Soma. She is the hottest Castlevania protagonist yet. Oh wait... she' s a guy. The chick from Lameness of Innocence was hot as well, as was Alucard. Aw man... all guys as well. Japan sure does love guys that look like girls. That place has " issues" .

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 1/24/2005 12:55:54 AM >
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: New PS2 Castlevania game - Jan 24, 2005 05:45
Yeah, I remember some people getting all excited about Konami' s big annoucement.... and then they get this.

Outside MGS, I can' t really think of any other good action adventure games from Konami.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: New PS2 Castlevania game - Jan 24, 2005 06:06
They should just hand over the development duties of the next few Castlevania and Contra games to TREASURE! A bunch of old school Konami members who still follow the old system of " Games live by the quality of their gameplay and die by the quality of their gameplay" .

Konami should just make the those games 2.5D instead of 3D.. That way we all win.. Konami does something other than 2D and we get something other than 3D. The perfect middle ground. Games like Klonoa 2 and Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 worked BEAUTIFULLY well in 2.5D!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 1/24/2005 6:07:42 AM >
DavidWhite

• Total Posts : 8
RE: New PS2 Castlevania game - Jan 24, 2005 11:21
I am also upset that Konami is trying another attempt at a 3D Castlevania. I' m sure they have good intentions when they are developing the 3D versions and want them to play with the fluidity of 2D Castlevanias but once it finishes production it turns out to be major suckfest. Well IMO as far as 3D Castlevanias go the N64 version is the worst. The PS2 version is better and could have actually been a great game if they would have let you have full control of the camera and be able to look up. I mean it was like playing in a castle that was cut in half and you could only see from the ground up to 10 feet above you. Everything else was just black. Hopefully this next version will have a full roaming camera and a completed castle that isn' t missing it' s ceilings.
The music in Lament of Innocence was actually pretty good which helped the game but not enough to put into a category of " good game" .
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: New PS2 Castlevania game - Jan 24, 2005 11:31
I remember a time when seeing the konami yellow and ed symbol flash across the screen pretty much gauranteed you were going to play a great game. This company really seems to have floundered with this generation of consoles.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: New PS2 Castlevania game - Jan 24, 2005 15:40
I agree with the 2.5D and Treasure comments. Worked great for Gradius V which turned out loads better than I expected. The music in Lameness of Innocence had some good tracks, but I felt that most were mediocre. It' s as if Yamane Michiru or whatever her name is is losing her touch. Hopefully the music will be good in the DS and next PS2 version.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: New PS2 Castlevania game - Feb 01, 2005 13:57
cool thanks i didnt know they were making another one

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages