Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo Considers Entering Movie Biz
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Nintendo Considers Entering Movie Biz - Oct 01, 2004 19:17
Nintendo is considering moving into the movie industry, with retired president Hiroshi Yamauchi revealing at a press conference today that he plans to propose an animated film project to the company.

Although he stepped down from his post 2 years back, Yamauchi serves as an adviser to the company and holds a significant stake in company shares--giving him the power to announce such a proposal.

The former president wants to create an animated film based on poetry from the famous Ogura Hyakunin Isshu compilation. No details of the film are known at the time, but given that the film' s rooted in Japanese literary tradition it could be something along the lines of Hayao Miyazaki' s Spirited Away--which was based on a collection of Japanese local folklore myths and tales.

A game company making a film--the disaster that was the Final Fantasy movie immediately comes to mind, with the CG film tanking at the office so badly that Squaresoft (which merged after the flop of the movie, becoming Square Enix) gradually ostracized Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi.

Yamauchi is thought to be the man behind the success and rise of Nintendo--the company changed from a small time card game producer to become one of the largest video game companies with the fantastic success of the NES.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Nintendo Considers Entering Movie Biz - Oct 02, 2004 02:42
Why don' t they just go the much cheaper route and release a sequel to The Wiz? ;)
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Nintendo Considers Entering Movie Biz - Oct 02, 2004 02:53
Oh my god. Wow to see Nintendo on the big screen is enough for me. For a second there I thought they were making some animated Mario movie. I would have just fainted. Just the logo would sell anything.
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Nintendo Considers Entering Movie Biz - Oct 02, 2004 04:59
Nintendo enters the movie industry? how cool....it shows how rounded Nintendo is...hehe...and I support their productions (now that it' s turning to movies)...I love Nintendo and everything they do....they just seem customer friendly, even the logo is, I love the big N.
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Nintendo Considers Entering Movie Biz - Oct 02, 2004 05:00
shoot....damn internet errors, happens so frequently, I always wind up posting duplicating a post, that' s why sometimes u see consecutive posts with one complete and the other blank....cause i edited them...would' ve been the same for this post too...but I decided to post the problem so u guys know.
< Message edited by Alley_Hater -- 10/1/2004 5:03:13 AM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Nintendo Considers Entering Movie Biz - Oct 02, 2004 05:41
Wouldn' t it be funny if Nintendo' s animated movie project became successful, a contrast to the miserable failure that was Final Fantasy: The crappy script Within ;)
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Nintendo Considers Entering Movie Biz - Oct 02, 2004 06:07
" Wouldn' t it be funny if Nintendo' s animated movie project became Succesful" . Um.. Man They will do good. Nintendo knows what they are doing. Final Fantasy the movie was so horrible... my god what were they thinking all that time CGing and not a lot of time spent in the script and story. They should have just took the FMV' s from any Final Fantasy game and added extra footage and there you got a FF movie.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Nintendo Considers Entering Movie Biz - Oct 04, 2004 02:09
First off Final Fantasy movie was million times better then All final fantasy games combined.

As for nintendo knowing what there doing is wrong.
Pokemon blinded them.There was only 1 Mario game for GC,1 zelda game and no Donkey Kong games.If they enter the movie business and not release there biggest games they will file for bankrutpcy in no time.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll