Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Revolution Controller Revealed???
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Revolution Controller Revealed??? - Jun 18, 2005 20:36
This has surfaced on the net, and I have no idea how authentic it is (probably not very). But still kind of interesting.

ripped from GAF

Revolutionary Sender/Controller - A fully *touchable* keyboard.

It has NO BUTTONS at all. The sender/controller and gamer both recieve interact with each other through movement... this implies that not only is the game controlled through the movement of the player but all the controll itself gives some form of feedback.

The controller has built in sensors that can tell the distance between the player, and console. It has a built in microphone, and can determine it' s position. (So turning the controller around and moving it in an direction would be a form of controlling)

So what are your opinions? Mine is that it will be amazingly hard to play Street Fighter on. I want buttons I can feel.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Revolution Controller Revealed??? - Jun 18, 2005 20:53
Imagine trying to input the classic Konami code with that thing, lol...
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 19 Jun 05 21:13:58 >
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Revolution Controller Revealed??? - Jun 18, 2005 23:07
Fake.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Revolution Controller Revealed??? - Jun 18, 2005 23:18
well it is probably fake, but it wouldn' t blow my mind if it was the real deal. I see nintendo using a more colorful controller, and one with at least 2 buttons on it.

This controller would be perfect for those type of people who jolt their arms up when jumping lol.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Revolution Controller Revealed??? - Jun 18, 2005 23:59
But remember, Nintendo said it will not have the typical " B and A" buttons on it, so they will have to resort to using D and C buttons. I don' t know if I can handle that. I also don' t think I could handle it if Nintendo learned what order the alphabet is really in and for the first time in their history labeled them in actual alphabetical order.
sp!tf!re

• Total Posts : 7
RE: Revolution Controller Revealed??? - Jun 19, 2005 01:59
But how is Russia involved ... I mean I would understand if the language below the controller would be like japanese or chinese or smthng, but Russian is like ... saying something offtopic ~.~
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Revolution Controller Revealed??? - Jun 19, 2005 08:07
it looks a little fake, but then thats what i have been guessing what the controller would be like the whole time. it could work well if thats if it is designed correctly, [how on earyh are you meant to pause the damn thing?, i could never get over why nintendo didnt include a pause in mario kart:double dash for the second controller, maybe thats the revoloution, uninterupted fun....]
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Revolution Controller Revealed??? - Jun 19, 2005 08:59
Check this controller out - shown at Gizmondo.

Click Here
< Message edited by Sharon -- 19 Jun 05 16:59:43 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Revolution Controller Revealed??? - Jun 20, 2005 12:32
Even if it is fake Joe, that' s the most convincing mock up I' ve seen yet. I have to agree though, I need to FEEL the buttons for a lot of games. Maybe revolution will tell developers to ship their games with little rubber covers that you slide over the controller and have raised areas for the buttons, that way you could have buttons wherever you wanted. That' s actually not a bad idea. I' m going to patent that.
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: Revolution Controller Revealed??? - Jun 27, 2005 05:41
Ummm, if the Revolution is going to be capable of playing all Gamecube games, plus every other Nintendo game from N64, SNES and NES (and GB?), then surely any controller for it couldn' t be too dissimilar from past efforts?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Revolution Controller Revealed??? - Jun 27, 2005 07:06
No, the plan is to ship with a dildo (can I say that? oh well) as the pack in controller and then charge you for a NES, SNES, N64, and GC controller to play the past games, and they will all cost $40 a peice. Pure genius, I say.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Revolution Controller Revealed??? - Jun 27, 2005 07:33

Ummm, if the Revolution is going to be capable of playing all Gamecube games, plus every other Nintendo game from N64, SNES and NES (and GB?), then surely any controller for it couldn' t be too dissimilar from past efforts?

Reggie has hinted at this, but I think it' s just a bullshit line to throw everyone off. The machine has ports for gamecube controllers, and since gamecube controllers can play any Nintendo game released already, there' s no need for a backward compatable controller. If the controller was backward compatable, why include the gamecube ports which would only cost extra money, and if there' s one thing we know is that Nintendo isn' t putting ANYTHING into that will cost extra money (still upset about the HD thing)
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 27 Jun 05 15:34:43 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Revolution Controller Revealed??? - Jun 27, 2005 10:16
its no bigie for me mxpx, becuase over here in europe HDTV practailly dosent exsit. I' d say the controller has some sort of touch pad on it.... or maybe it a viturial reality headset unit, that would explain no HDTV support....
JoeRediferIsCool

• Total Posts : 74
RE: Revolution Controller Revealed??? - Jul 05, 2005 20:34
I think they should make a sphere that has an eye toy in it. How it would work is completely unknown to me, im just makin random sh*t up.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Revolution Controller Revealed??? - Jul 09, 2005 21:18
looks kinda futuristic.kinda cool

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages