Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Early " Review" of The Wii....
Tim Strickland

• Total Posts : 101
Early " Review" of The Wii.... - Oct 10, 2006 15:17
Link

So, someone got to play a Wii kiosk, and had some interesting things to say. The sensor bar lost the remote, and sunlight could make the sensor null-and-void? This isn' t a complete deal-breaker, but hopefully these are just small, fixable errors, or else this could make the product come across as cheap and gimmicky. I know I' ll still be getting one (eventually), but this is slightly bad news from the Nintendo camp, is it not?
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Early " Review" of The Wii.... - Oct 10, 2006 15:51
I read about this too.

Well the sensor bar should be right next too the TV, and if there is too much sunlight hitting both the TV and the Wii sensor then the sensor not working would be the least of your problems - the glare is gonna make gaming almost impossible!!!!

Apparently this will be fixed in production Wiis so it should be ok.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 10 Oct 06 7:51:49 >
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Early " Review" of The Wii.... - Oct 10, 2006 20:57
This isn' t something I would worry about to be honest as Terrak said it will be fixed by launch.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Early " Review" of The Wii.... - Oct 11, 2006 01:26
Don' t be so sure. Some problems simply relate to the choice of technology and some types of technology simply doesn' t work under certain circumstances.
Some of these problems have been noticed long ago and you' d think that Nintendo would' ve fixed them by now but they have apparently not.
That worries me.
This:

For about an hour or so, the sun shone right into the store, the two MP3:C kiosks had to have curtains above them, and the Wii Sports Tennis and Shooting Game kiosks were unplayable since they were " shrouded" in sunlight.

... sounds pretty bad!
He found the controlls in Metroid Prime 3 to be difficult while the guys at IGN.com loved the controls. Interesting.
I' m still getting one at launch though (I must be mad).
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Early " Review" of The Wii.... - Oct 11, 2006 03:58
If I got a Wii, it would be downstairs so I wouldn' t have to worry about the sunlight problem.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Early " Review" of The Wii.... - Oct 11, 2006 15:12
Here' s an IGN article:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/738/738266p1.aspx
Nintendo:

" Our testing thus far shows no great risk of light interference when playing a game that relies on the pointer and sensor bar."

It seems IGN are making fun of the people who noticed the problem

Although we couldn' t possibly care less about this non-issue

In a related story, some Nintendo fans are planning to protest in front of Nintendo of America' s Seattle headquarters after learning that Wii discs are, in fact, inedible. More as the story breaks.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 11 Oct 06 7:12:40 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Early " Review" of The Wii.... - Oct 13, 2006 03:11

In a related story, some Nintendo fans are planning to protest in front of Nintendo of America' s Seattle headquarters after learning that Wii discs are, in fact, inedible. More as the story breaks.

Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Early " Review" of The Wii.... - Oct 13, 2006 04:09
Silly IGN and all them there Sony-Fanboys

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages