Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Where are all the heroes?
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Where are all the heroes? - Aug 12, 2005 16:10
First let me give a thank you to all the individual gamers out there who have tried to take a stand for videogames whenever the media unjustly blamed videogames for yet another crime. I know if more gamers came together and formed a more structured organization we would have an actually voice in the media.

But what about the devs? What about the publishers? Random gamers online may not be able to form a decent " videogame union" (or whatever you wish to call it) to help fight the media. But some devs/publishers are multi-million dollar companies. Given a devs/publishers resources you' d think gamers would have one truly recognizable face that will go on the air and verbally take a stand to help fight ignorant media bias and misconceptions. But there is no one.

I encourage gamers everywhere to take a stand for videogames when necessary, but our jobs would be a lot easier if these gigantic corporations stepped in to lend a hand every once in a while.
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Where are all the heroes? - Aug 13, 2005 03:12
Where are all the heroes? Perhaps being brutally killed by the evil Jack Thompson

On a more serious note, I completely agree with you. It' s about time that both developers and publishers look after their industry, just as we consumers should. Then we' d probably have some chance of protecting our glorius past time. I' ll clear the name of video games from false accusations, even if it means my life
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Where are all the heroes? - Aug 13, 2005 09:08
ONLY SNAKE IS THE TRUE HEROE!!!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Where are all the heroes? - Aug 13, 2005 12:25
Sam Fisher kicks Snake' s ass.

Anyway, I agree with you lotusson. At the same time though I understand why publishers don' t step up. It' s a waste of money. As much as lawyers want to stop video games they can' t simply because of the freedom of speech. Why waste time and effort when you' ve already won? Sure, they are getting a bad rap for some things but overall there isn' t a thing the government can do to stop videogames from showing what they want. I' m still trying to figure out how the government can go into Rockstar and do an investigation when they did nothing illegal. The ESRB isn' t governement run so they have no power to enforce ESRB standards. the government has no right going into rockstar, but even if they find some foul play, it' s still not breaking any laws. the government can' t do sh*t to them.
Naked Snake

RE: Where are all the heroes? - Aug 13, 2005 12:42
Whatever you say Rampage, that' s not true. Sam Fisher and Splinter Cell are american remakes of Snake & MGS.
Rampage99

RE: Where are all the heroes? - Aug 13, 2005 14:25
Soon enough you will be warned by the other members of this site not to get into this arguement with me. I have gone on for pages explaining how much better Splinter Cell and Samfisher are compared to the MGS series and Snake.
Naked Snake

RE: Where are all the heroes? - Aug 13, 2005 14:44
You' re misunderstanding me, rampage. I don' t wanna argue you, and i think, it doesn' t make a difference if i have now two stars or five. And if someone likes MGS more as Splinter Cell, it isn' t a reason to try to change his meaning. I think you' re a little bit to fanatic on this game...
Rampage99

RE: Where are all the heroes? - Aug 13, 2005 16:09

ORIGINAL: Naked Snake
I think you' re a little bit to fanatic on this game...

Indeed I am, and I' m happy to admit it. I just wanted to point out that your statement about SC being a MGS remake was totally false. I have proven it before and at any time I' m willing to do it again.

Oh, and I don' t pay attention to those stars. they basically just say how long you have been in the forum. Don' t worry. I' m by no means interested in a fight. I like the forums as calm as possible. that is unless lotusson and I are sparring in our ninja costumes. Then all hell can be happily let loose.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll