Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 So now ETCS it over, how did you find it?
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
So now ETCS it over, how did you find it? - Aug 30, 2003 15:34
I thought the show floor was indeed poor, with all the decent stuff being showed behind closed doors. Nokia had the most amusing press conference I have ever been to, ending up getting embarrassed by MCV. I got to meet Atsushi Inaba from Capcom & Hideo Kojima from Konami.

I got to meet lots of new people (it was really nice to meet Toast from this forum), and lots of old friends, which I really enjoyed. After the day time was over, and the show closed for the day, a lot of them seemed to be hanging out in the local pub – The Tournament. Also never before have I learnt so much in a pub!

Playstation Experience was a lot better then I though. A friend of mine had come by herself, not for the games, but purely for the live music on the main stage! Until I had bumped into her at the start of the 4pm Session on Friday, I had neglected to notice how much work had gone into the non-gaming side of the event. The fight Stand was pretty cool, and she loved meeting Lisa Maffia. I personally thought Killa Kela was amazing. I was overall very impressed with the Playstation Experience.

The Nintendo van, to me, was a disappointment as I had played most of the games on display before. The versions they had on display haven’t changed much from E3. The few new games they had, like Sonic Heroes, were hidden in the corner of the truck, where I missed them. Just to emphasise how hidden they were, I am the biggest Sonic fan in the world, only going to play heroes, and couldn’t event find it on the 1st day of the show.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: So now ETCS it over, how did you find it? - Aug 30, 2003 20:35
Here are my impressions:

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200308/022.asp

It was good to see everyone from the forums at the show! Now, bring on X03.

Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: So now ETCS it over, how did you find it? - Aug 31, 2003 04:58
Bring on the Fall TGS!!!! :)
Cei

• Total Posts : 4
RE: So now ETCS it over, how did you find it? - Sep 03, 2003 11:08
The main floor was a ok, a little better than last year, but not by that much. Was nice to see XIII being played, along with UT2004. I thought the PC lineup was way stronger than any of the consoles - though the new 8-way dance mat and karoke looked interesting ;)
Shame I never made it to the pub afterwards - Pirates of the Carribean was too tempting, and then the day after was a free drinking session on the other side of London. Ah well, next year perhaps...

The PSE was much more open than last year - way more floor space and very stylish in the normal PS fashion. Thought some areas were a bit dark for no real reason I could fathoml and trying to chase Joel Meadows was like looking for a needle in a haystack. The games on show were good, on the whole, with a few real gems tucked in the corner (ie: Unlimited Saga, which had all of 3 pods). The live music is a bonus for the masses, but didn' t interest me...

I liked Nintendo :) They gave me a t-shirt (ha! you' ll never live that one down Sharan, I' ve never played it before and still beat you) and they had some great games on show (F-Zero GX, Rebel Strike, FFTA, Advance Wars 2, MKDD!!) but I felt they were a bit mean by disallowing photos of screens.
otaku

RE: So now ETCS it over, how did you find it? - Sep 03, 2003 11:18
Sorry to say Ceri, But I got a T-Shirt in the end as well!
After you left, Nintendo gave me all their leftover rubbish as they were packing up to leave
Cei

• Total Posts : 4
RE: So now ETCS it over, how did you find it? - Sep 03, 2003 11:19
Ah, but you didn' t earn it did you ;)
otaku

RE: So now ETCS it over, how did you find it? - Sep 03, 2003 11:22
lol, ok, point taken, you win, but next time
I WILL WIN!! DARN DARK NINTENDO SCREENS!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll