Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox Lips/Newton/Radon IV Announced Tomorrow?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Xbox Lips/Newton/Radon IV Announced Tomorrow? - May 13, 2008 05:19
Is it just me, or are a few of these coming out of the dark?

Newton - The long rumored WiiMote clone.
Lips - Voice peripheral.
Radon IV - No fu.cking clue. The redesign perhaps?
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 12 May 08 21:20:19 >
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: Xbox Lips/Newton/Radon IV Announced Tomorrow? - May 13, 2008 05:23
I don' t want to sound too stupid but what are they?... Is it like codenames or something
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Xbox Lips/Newton/Radon IV Announced Tomorrow? - May 13, 2008 05:36
Yeah. They' re all codenames.

The " Newton" connection I can draw. Sir Issac Newton, motion, all that jazz.

Lips... if you can' t figure that out... go die.

What' s really stumping me is Radon IV. The other two are peripherals, but I can' t see what else they can do to their controller. My other thought was of course an Xbox redesign, but the chipsets already have nicknames, and thusfar (excluding Zephyr) the SKUs themselves have not had their codenames made public, so the odds of it being the Jasper single-chip chipset inside the new form factor box is rather unlikely.
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: Xbox Lips/Newton/Radon IV Announced Tomorrow? - May 13, 2008 05:39

Radon iv : We don' t know to much about it but I suspect that it is a cost cutting engineering revision to the Xbox wireless controller. So there might be a price cut coming for the wireless game pad once this is out. The " iv" part sounds like a cost cutting revision.

Source

I suppose it' s plausible(correct spelling?)
< Message edited by Kelvinellenton -- 12 May 08 21:39:43 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Xbox Lips/Newton/Radon IV Announced Tomorrow? - May 13, 2008 05:58

Source

Who in turn got it from my original source.

I read that, but he doesn' t sound like he' s got a clue, quite frankly. It' s still on the table, but that' s too vague to be what I' d call plausible (there' s the correct spelling for you). More along the lines of one of a few dozen possibilities.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Xbox Lips/Newton/Radon IV Announced Tomorrow? - May 13, 2008 07:08
I thought ' Newton' was the codename for the apple handheld?

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/05/12/apple_games_handheld/

I am still not convinced on the redesign, unless they are adding Blu Ray, along with the zephyr all in one chipset?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Xbox Lips/Newton/Radon IV Announced Tomorrow? - May 13, 2008 08:19
It' s different companies, so it could be the Xbox Revolution for all they care.

I' ve been going over all of the old codenames they' ve been using to try to get a lead on what the hell Radon is, and I' ve gotten a little further. My (I beleive) complete list is as follows:

Falcon
Helium
Argon
Xenon
Xenos
Zephyr
Lips
Newton
Radon IV

Helium was the top-secret gaming rig/360 hybrid that got binned in lieu of Games for Windows, and Argon was the codename for the detachable faceplates, and they' re both gasses, which gives more merit to the theory that Radon IV is a peripheral. What I don' t get is the merit of doing a simple controller update, and why a more cost-effective controller would need a new codename.

I am still not convinced on the redesign, unless they are adding Blu Ray, along with the zephyr all in one chipset?

The new AIO will run boatloads cooler, as they' ll be manufacturing in 45 nanometer processes, and it' ll most likely accompany a drop in price, as they' ll be getting far more chips out for every silicon wafer, cutting cost dramatically.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Xbox Lips/Newton/Radon IV Announced Tomorrow? - May 13, 2008 08:52
Radon is a type of radiation that is extremely harmful to humans and other things that are alive. That wouldn' t be a good name.

Lips is an extremely stupid name. Doesn' t the 360 already have a voice headset thingy that breaks every chance it gets (just like the system itself, hur hur)?

I guess with Newton, the 360 isn' t content with being the 360.

If there is any kind of update or new news to announce, I hope it is the announcement of actual games that don' t feature ugly brown and gray graphics.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 13 May 08 0:52:49 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message