Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTA previews everywhere
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
GTA previews everywhere - Feb 29, 2008 02:41
And they make the game ever so much more anticipated... want it so so so bad...
Anyways here' s Kikizo' s and TeamXboxs
(Incedently Kikizo is running slow suddenly...)
http://games.kikizo.com/news/200802/091_p1.asp
http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1887/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV/p1/

EUPHORIA!!!!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: GTA previews everywhere - Feb 29, 2008 03:30
Nice article, Adam! Incidentally, that would be wind and air resistance that causes the hood to lift up as you drive, not so much g-force.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GTA previews everywhere - Feb 29, 2008 07:51
Easily the most important game of the year.
Mass X

RE: GTA previews everywhere - Feb 29, 2008 08:01
I hope the mulitplayer will allow us to run each other over and beat each other senseless it bats...

I think it' d be fun to beat Torr with a baseball bat.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GTA previews everywhere - Feb 29, 2008 08:05

I think it' d be fun to beat Torr with a baseball bat

Yeah Eddie is lucky. He' s right there, he can do it in person.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: GTA previews everywhere - Feb 29, 2008 08:49
I can' t wait for this game. I will play the hell out of it for weeks I' m sure. So long as the driving is still intact, that alone will keep me happy for hours and hours.

My only problem is not one with the game, but to do with the consoles.

I will want the 360 version for the opportunity to buy the exclusive content, and the fact that I have more friends willing to play GTA online on the 360 than those buying it for ps3.

On the other hand, I want the ps3 version because I feel I will probably prefer the controller for this game, and also because my roomate has a ps3, and no 360, but will definitely buy the game and play it a lot.

Maybe I will just have to buy both.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: GTA previews everywhere - Feb 29, 2008 09:05

On the other hand, I want the ps3 version because I feel I will probably prefer the controller for this game,

I know what you mean. I played San Andreas on the XBOX, and I was worried that I had bought it on the wrong console because of the control. Ended up that it really didn' t take much to get used to the XBOX controls, and as a matter of fact I ended up liking the XBOX control for GTA games better as a whole. Weird eh, since I just can' t get the hand of Devil May Cry 4 on the 360 control.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: GTA previews everywhere - Feb 29, 2008 12:10
The xbox controller will work just fine for GTA . Dont make it sound like the xbox controller sucks . The dpad sucks and thats all that i feel is wrong with the current controller .
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: GTA previews everywhere - Feb 29, 2008 13:45
I' m not too excited about this game. I mean, I' m not really a big " sandbox" type of guy. I' ll still probably pick it up, but we' ll see how much play time it gets.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: GTA previews everywhere - Feb 29, 2008 17:02
I' m really looking forward for this one too. GTASA for all its faults was a fantastic game, and this is going to push everything that much further.

I' ve only read Kikizo' s review yet (obviously the most important) but are there any other details we can piece together from other reviews to get a bigger impression on things?
Mass X

RE: GTA previews everywhere - Feb 29, 2008 23:16
Not really to much difference from previews. Except for slight variations in how the AI reacted thanks for Euphroia. Damn I' m gonna have fun just standing and watching the AI do its thing.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: GTA previews everywhere - Mar 01, 2008 00:08
I' ve been compiling a list of things (weapons/cars/missions/people) I' ve seen/read in all the previews and trailers so far. Most of the former two are carry-overs from the previous games which is logical, but it would be nice to have some variety.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: GTA previews everywhere - Mar 02, 2008 10:43

The xbox controller will work just fine for GTA . Dont make it sound like the xbox controller sucks . The dpad sucks and thats all that i feel is wrong with the current controller .

I never made it sound like the controller sucks, in fact I love it for many games. The fact remains that having a crappy d-pad is a pain in the ass for a lot of RPG' s, fighting and action games. I also prefer the face buttons on the ps3 pad, or the wii' s for that matter. I like flat buttons, not rounded ones. It makes repeated presses less comfortable and it just doesn' t feel as good IMO.

The fact that I have played every GTA on a Playstation pad also makes me want to stick with it.

I should re-iterate that I don' t think the D-Pad on the 360 sucks. I think it is absolutely terrible. I can' t think of a worse D-pad I have used, including many third party controllers that I have played on since I was a child.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: GTA previews everywhere - Mar 03, 2008 02:44
I feel like I' ve seen somebody rig up an adaptor to use a PS2/3 controller on the 360.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GTA previews everywhere - Mar 03, 2008 03:25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message