Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Prey.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Prey. - Jul 10, 2006 03:56
So, after playing through the single player mission TWICE and handing some people their asses in multiplayer (and, getting my ass handed to ME), I' m officially stoked about this game. Keep in mind I am a FPS WHORE, but nothing as of late has really piqued my interest. Until now, that is.

The graphics are SWEET, the story is pretty cool, and the multiplayer is CRAZY! I mean, walking around on the walls and ceilings! It adds a whole new dimension to the game.

I' m DEFINITELY picking this up tomorrow! Anybody else?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Prey. - Jul 10, 2006 04:00
im definately picking up Prey (since i choose it for my price from Kikizo ) but i would anyway. I think its super cool, i love the warping, the graphics are okay, but im not impressed, but i dont need to be impressed by every new game (graphic wise) but i am impressed gameplaywise.

Its a must have!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Prey. - Jul 10, 2006 04:09
Which versions do you have Chee?
Chee Saw

RE: Prey. - Jul 10, 2006 04:17
I only played the 360 demo (shoulda mentioned that, huh!?), but I couldn' t put it down.

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical
the graphics are okay, but im not impressed...

Wow. You' re hard to please! A friend of mine has the PC version, and he said his computer was STRUGGLING to do the things the 360 does with NO LAG at all! His PC is only about a year old, and he' s a tech whore, so it' s not a matter of his computer being underpowered, or anything.

I think people' s expectations are just a little too high, this gen. Then again, you did give props to the gameplay, which is the " meat and potatoes" of Prey (or any game, for that matter), so it' s all good.

And yeah, those portals are wicked! I love the ones in the boxes!
Vx Chemical

RE: Prey. - Jul 10, 2006 04:27

Wow. You' re hard to please! A friend of mine has the PC version, and he said his computer was STRUGGLING to do the things the 360 does with NO LAG at all! His PC is only about a year old, and he' s a tech whore, so it' s not a matter of his computer being underpowered, or anything.

Mmmm i dont really think its much beyond Halflife 2 or Doom 3 (when played on a PC with full graphics), i mean it looks almost exactly like Doom 3. And those " dog" like creatures you meet at first looks like crap, but still it looks nice, and i cant wait to play it.

Games like Graw and OB pleases my eye more.
Nitro

RE: Prey. - Jul 10, 2006 04:47
The metal textures in Prey are insanely good!

The visuals in general are awesome although people will likely claim that the PC version looks slightly better. It does look better on PC when playing in 1600 x 1200 but you need a beast of a PC to even consider running with everything set to maximum in that resolution.

The only think that' s pissed me off is the fact that it only runs at 30fps on 360 and still costs £15 more.
Chee Saw

RE: Prey. - Jul 10, 2006 05:06

Games like Graw and OB pleases my eye more.

Aaaahh! You' re a " light bloom and refraction" kinda guy!

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

The only think that' s pissed me off is the fact that it only runs at 30fps on 360 and still costs £15 more.

I like slower paced FPSs like Prey and Halo. They seem more realistic and fun to me. I never really cared for the 60fps, twitch reaction type FPSs like Quake and Unreal. I' m too mellow for that.

How do you know it runs at 30 FPS anyway? Is it just because of the slower pacing? Do you not care for that? Was there a second gunman on a grassy knoll? And, who IS hotter? Jessica Alba or Kate Beckinsdale?
Vx Chemical

RE: Prey. - Jul 10, 2006 05:10

No really, i like all kinds of things, Doom 3 still looks great in my eyes, its just not quite as advanced as some of the things seen in OB and GRAW
Chee Saw

RE: Prey. - Jul 10, 2006 05:18

No really, i like all kinds of things, Doom 3 still looks great in my eyes, its just not quite as advanced as some of the things seen in OB and GRAW

Those games DO look amazing, that' s for sure. I think the outdoor environments kind of lend themselves to more spectacular lighting effects. Although, when you' re in dungeons in Oblivion it is pretty cool too. And Rainbow 6: Vegas looks off the hook! Nothing compares to when you first walk out of the sewers in Oblivion, though!
Nitro

RE: Prey. - Jul 10, 2006 08:45

...who IS hotter? Jessica Alba or Kate Beckinsdale?

Ooooooh that' s a toughie!

As much as i want to say Jessica Alba i' d probably have to side with Kate Beckinsale* (*correct spelling).

For me, Underworld was majikal!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Prey. - Jul 11, 2006 02:32
From what I' ve read PC version walks all over 360 , but to be honest (and I love 60fps games) I didn' t feel those 30fps at all.The game is pretty fast on 360 - maybe that' s cause thumbsticks are better on 360 controller but it feels good.

That realtime intro sux , but later on it' s nice - at least nice
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Prey. - Jul 11, 2006 02:45

My PC is coming upto a year old Tech-wise, but its still a beast and runs Prey in highest settings at constant 60fps with ease.

When comparing the 360 version.. 360 version still looks nice actually but the main problem it lacks is the ultra-smoothness and finer details and smooth-look of what PC /Prey excells on.

I cant play 360 Prey due to its sluggish movement.. (only apparent, it u seen my PC version running).
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Prey. - Jul 11, 2006 02:52
Hmm, now I' m curious. What kind of PC do you have? Specsssssssss
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Prey. - Jul 11, 2006 04:51
post specs...I still want to know what level mine will run it on.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Prey. - Jul 11, 2006 05:12
GPU: PCIE 7800 GTX 256mb
CPU: Athlon 64 FX-55
Ram: 1024
Nitro

RE: Prey. - Jul 11, 2006 06:06
PC through VGA

360 through VGA LCD

360 through VGA CRT

The difference' s between the PC and 360 versions are minor and mostly relate to the PC version having a higher resolution and sharper textures (courtesy of 1GB RAM).

Like CoD2 (which looks virtually identical on 360 and PC with the 360 version having better volumetric smoke effects and a steady 60 fps) the differences are negligible and my only complaint about the 360 version of Prey is that the framerate hasn' t been capped and ranges from 25-45 fps.
Chee Saw

RE: Prey. - Jul 11, 2006 06:22
Damn Majik! You do da work, huh!? Lol. Thanks for the info!

I' m glad there' s not too much of a difference. Otherwise there' d be more of a desire to play games on my computer. As it is, the only ones I feel compelled to play are RTS games, as there is a distinct lack on consoles. Come to think of it, I wonder how that Battle For Middle Earth is on the 360? Anybody played it yet?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Prey. - Jul 11, 2006 06:59
Judging by those pictures, the top one (PC version) looks much better.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Prey. - Jul 12, 2006 05:56
I dont think that is a fair comparison totally - test, LCD / VGA is never quite the same through an adapter.

The only way youll get the difference is if you run prey out to a 32" display on PC running at 1024

then run the 360 version against it, but taking videos not stills?

Got a rig for that maj? I know pc has res / memory advantage but it would show which game is better at a given resolution?

Or just ignore me acutually!
industrocyberbot23

• Total Posts : 108
RE: Prey. - Jul 12, 2006 21:45

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

As it is, the only ones I feel compelled to play are RTS games, as there is a distinct lack on consoles. Come to think of it, I wonder how that Battle For Middle Earth is on the 360? Anybody played it yet?

No, but I preordered today so hopefully get it this weekend! Seeing as all those Americans on my friends list are playing away at it!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message