Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gotta Get Xbox 2
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 39
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 18, 2005 14:29
Just got my February issue of Game Informer and they have a write-up about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is being released on Xbox 2, PS 3 and PC. It looks and sounds awesome. Since I' m so damn hooked on Morrowind III now, I' ve just got to get IV. I wasn' t going to get sucked into Xbox 2, but ya know -- things change!
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 18, 2005 15:41
I think you would be better off upgraded your PC instead of waiting for it to release on X2.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 18, 2005 15:46
Naw. Wait until Xbbox 2. it' ll cost around the same as upgrading your PC (if not less), plus all Xbox 2 games are supposed to support HDTV! It would be best if we all went to Japan to get or Xbox 2' s. That way we fool Japan into making more and better games for it!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 18, 2005 19:58
Morrowind I luvs dat game. I never did much to play the story but I did collect lotsa stuff and display them around my stolen home. I like what the next one is aiming, it reminds me of Fable on a grander scale.

I' ll probably get it for Xbox 2 as well cuz I could never afford a decent computer. As much as Id like to have one just cant do it. Xbox is my best alternative to the PC.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 1/18/2005 8:00:20 PM >
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 19, 2005 05:27

Just got my February issue of Game Informer and they have a write-up about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is being released on Xbox 2, PS 3 and PC. It looks and sounds awesome. Since I' m so damn hooked on Morrowind III now, I' ve just got to get IV. I wasn' t going to get sucked into Xbox 2, but ya know -- things change!

I don' t blame ya' ...Morrowind IV does look darn good!

With that being a first-generation game for the XBOX 2, you can only imagine what the later game generations will look (and play) like...

I just need to get my $$ together...

Does anyone know if XBOX 2 pre-orders are being taken yet?
Sharon

RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 19, 2005 06:36
PC gaming is just not my thing -- I like my xbox, controllers and big screen tv.

I haven' t heard anything about pre-ordering xbox 2 yet, but that doesn' t mean anything -- I' ll check it out.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 19, 2005 07:23
I don' t. Microsoft has enough of my dollars, and what X-box 2 will have to offer will just be more of the same. Sure, the games may be technically fantastic, but I want innovation, and sony and Nintendo are my choices for the next gen.
Pierre2k

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 21, 2005 10:04
You want innovation, so you choose Sony for the next generation? I mean, Sony and innovation have never been something I would put together in the same sentence but maybe thats just me?

Personally, I will probably get all of the next generation consoles at some point (as I have done this generation), but I am looking forward to Xbox 2 most. Out of the current gen Xbox is my favourite. It just has more of the exclusives I want and the best versions of most multiplatform titles. Plus, Xbox LIVE is vastly superior to the PS2 setup and I am a Beta tester for the European Online Sony Online. Last game I got to test was Monster Hunter. Anyway, all of the machines are excellent. In fact, I am currently working my way through Viewtiful Joe on Gamecube.

Xbox 2 is some way off yet. Roll on the PSP I say.

lotusson

RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 21, 2005 11:17

I don' t. Microsoft has enough of my dollars, and what X-box 2 will have to offer will just be more of the same. Sure, the games may be technically fantastic, but I want innovation, and sony and Nintendo are my choices for the next gen.

So basically what you' re saying is that you want to limit yourself to the smallest collection of niche titles that may or may not suck? Because that is what' s going to happen.

Need an example? Look at this generation. You can find innovative and unique games across all three platforms, but the best games this gen have been rehashes. Even games touted as being revolutionary are more evolutionary than truly innovative.

Take Riddick for example. Great game, but was there anything really innovative about it? No. All of Riddick' s gameplay elements I' ve seen in other games. Riddick simply had great level design, an interesting story, and well polished gameplay.

And when you compare the number of " innovative" games out there to the best-average games out there and you' ll see that innovative games are outnumbered by a large margin.

I' d rather pick my consoles based on what games I want to play. Not under some mythical idea of innovation.

Truly innovative games will come, but from who, when, and what platform is not guaranteed.

Right now you' re throwing all your eggs in one basket...... and you haven' t even seen the basket yet.

What if the X2 has the majority of games you want to play? Will you hold off purchasing the system simply because they' re not innovative enough even though you' re dying to play them? Seems a bit illogical to me.

I think the PS3, X2, and the Revolutionary will all have something innovative..... but I' m not waiting for it! Just give me a steady stream of great games. Because innovative games don' t come too often.
mxpx182

RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 21, 2005 12:24
Ahhh see, lotusson you misunderstand, and oddly enough make many points that I agree with. I won' t however be limiting myself to a small collection of " niche" titles. PS2 and Gamecube are hardly niche markets. Now it may be your opinion that the best games this generation are all rehashes, but that is not MY opinion. Pikmin, the SSX series, Metroid Prime, ICO and the oriinal Devil may Cry are the games that I have had the most fun with by far in this last generation. These games were innovative each in there own way, and I apreciated the developer taking the effort to figure outhow to implement such great game ideas. I won' t be throwing my eggs in 1 basket. As I said, I' m picking Sony and Nintendo. I trust Nintendo' s first party titles far above either Sony or Microsoft, and I' ll have sony' s behemoth 3rd party support. I have a personal PC It runs on a Microsoft operating system, I play Age of Mythology, like I said, they have enough of my money. I' m choosing not to buy microsoft for the same reason I' m choosing not to buy EA sports games from now on. Does that mean I thik nobody else should buy xbox 2? No way, in fact I hope it succeeds on an equal playing field with the other 2 consoles. Competition is good. The better Microsofts system and games are, the better Nintendo and Sony are going to have o make there systems and games for me.
lotusson

RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 21, 2005 14:23

I' m choosing not to buy microsoft for the same reason I' m choosing not to buy EA sports games from now on.

Which in no way answered my question.

Would you actually refuse to buy a X2 if a had a wide selection of games you wanted to play?

Refusing to buy a system with games you want just seems a bit silly to me. And saying you have a PC with windows isn' t much justitification. Most store brought PC' s come with windows pre-installed, and if you' re a PC gamer you basically have to have windows as Mac and Linux sometimes get shafted.

Nor do I understand this idea of MS having enough of your money. I' ve been giving Nintendo money since the NES, should I stop buying Nintendo products because I' ve been buying Nintendo products for too long?

All the games you listed are good games, but I only consider two of them to really be innovative (Pikmin and Metroid Prime). Most are more evolutionary.

I also noticed you didn' t list a single game on the X-Box. I ask? Do you even have a X-Box? If not, I can' t give credibility to your stance when you don' t physically own a X-Box to make such comparisions between what is innovative, evolutionary, and what would/would not have made your list had you had a X-Box.

And as I asked before, you' ve never seen the PS3 and Revolution. Before you start stating they will have the games you want, would not it be wiser to state this once you know what games will be there?

Pierre2k

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 21, 2005 17:22
100% agree with every point Lotusson just raised. Buy that man a drink!

A decision made without knowledge of choice, is a decision to be regretted.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 22, 2005 14:11
_>
< Message edited by rikka -- 1/22/2005 2:12:51 PM >
mxpx182

RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 22, 2005 14:13
I have to own an x-box to decide not to buyan x-box 2??? No, I don' t have an x-box, I didn' t buy one for the exact same reasons I won' t buy and x-box 2. I KNOW that Nintendo is going to have the first party games that I want to play. I KNOW that Sony is going to have the 3rd party support to provide me with almost every game that I' ll be missing out on on the Nintendo system. I also know that there are going to be such an abundance of great games out there that I won' t be able to purchase them all in the first place with either money or time limiting me. I don' t agree with Microsofts business practices, just as I don' t agree with EA' s. I am more than willing to sacrifice the next HALO or elderscrolls game for the chance to play the next Mario, Zelda, or Gran Turisimo game. This isn' t a question of me denying myself great games because I' m stubborn. I have no doubt there will be great games. This is me choosing not to buy X-box 2 because I know the other systmes will be able to provide what I need, and have the specific franchises that I love. The question was gotta get x-box 2? I said no I don' t, not no you don' t. Check out my topic on Revolution. I' m not demanding that every x-box fanboy drop there controllers and start saving up for one, that would be horrible for the industry. If like you proposed x-box 2 had a huge selection of games I wanted, ie Metroid, mario, final fantasy, gran turisimo, pikmin, then yes, I give in, I' d buy one. In an instant. I doubt that' ll happen.
lotusson

RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 22, 2005 20:31

I have to own an x-box to decide not to buyan x-box 2???

No. You have to own a X-Box before I care whether or not you think there were no innovative software for the system. Furthermore, if you' ve never played some of the games on the X-Box, then how do you know you wouldn' t like it?

You have a very uninformed opinion. Hard to consider it credible.

I don' t agree with Microsofts business practices, just as I don' t agree with EA' s.

What a load of crap. You don' t agree with MS' s business practices...... but you agree with Sony lying about their products? You agree with Sony shipping out defective PS2' s and then making owners pay for repairs? (only happened in Japan though). And of course you have Nintendo..... a company whom in the 80' s tried to put such a strangle hold on the industry they came under investigation from the Federal Trade Comission for monopolistic practices. A company known for charging developers with insane licensing fees.

You really think Sony and Nintendo are innocent? Spare me.

There' s not a multi billion company that got there by being the good guy.

The question was gotta get x-box 2? I said no I don' t, not no you don' t.

And I questioned your reasoning. The more I probe, the less sense your reasoning seems to make.

Check out my topic on Revolution.

I' m not doing your research.

I' m not demanding that every x-box fanboy drop there controllers and start saving up for one, that would be horrible for the industry.

One of what?

If like you proposed x-box 2 had a huge selection of games I wanted, ie Metroid, mario, final fantasy, gran turisimo, pikmin, then yes, I give in, I' d buy one. In an instant. I doubt that' ll happen.

Unfortunatley, I don' t believe you.

And just to set the record straight, no I' m not trying to get you to buy a X-Box.

I simple find it odd how a gamer can say he doesn' t like a system when he refuses to try the games for the system.

Doesn' t sound like a gamer to me.
Sharon

RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 23, 2005 09:03
I own numerous consoles and handhelds(GC, SNES, PS1, PS2, XBox, GBA and GBC); however, in my opinion Xbox is the better of all of them. That being said, the Metroid series are one of my fav games so I had to have a GC. Just because I' m a " fangirl of xbox, I still appreciate what other systems have to offer. I also agree with lotusson

There' s not a multi billion company that got there by being the good guy.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 23, 2005 14:11
While Nintendo is still my current favorite console maker of the three (Sony & Microsoft) there' s no doubt that Nintendo WAS a real @$$hole of a company during the 80s.. Their exclusive third-party contract was pretty monopolistic and sucked hard. Preventing 3rd party titles from hitting competing consoles like the Master System unless Sega licensed them and reprogrammed the games themselves.
mxpx182

RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 23, 2005 17:42
Lottusson, I' m about finished with you. Let' s get things straight. I never said Sony and Nintendo were innocent, you decided that for me. I never said I haven' t played any x-box games, you decided that for me. You also decided I have a very uninformed opinion on whether or not I CAN DECIDE if I think Nintendo is more innovative than Microsoft?? You decide I' m full of crap because I don' t agree with MS business practices?? You decided I agree with sony shipping out defective PS2' s, and you decided that I agreed with Nintendo' s early 80' s business practices.
I believe my reasons were fairly clear as to why I' m not getting an xbox 2. Your " probe" into it apparently didn' t involve reading my entire posts usually a good 1st step.

This is me choosing not to buy X-box 2 because I know the other systmes will be able to provide what I need, and have the specific franchises that I love

there are going to be such an abundance of great games out there that I won' t be able to purchase them all in the first place with either money or time limiting me

I trust Nintendo' s first party titles far above either Sony or Microsoft, and I' ll have sony' s behemoth 3rd party support

Even better, I invited you to read my topic I' ve started on Revolution to allow you to see some of my opinions and concerns about that system and you seem to think I am asking you to do ' research' for me?? I' m not sure what you call research, but I' ll tell you one thing, that is not it. You ask me " one of what" in referance to me suggesting that I' m not asking every xbox fanboy to drop their controllers and save up for one. The sentance directly in front of it was about my topic on Revolution, was reading that also part of the " research" you did not want to do? As for you not believing me, well you cut me deep lottuson, you cut me real deep. You seem to have decided for me that I hate x-box, and that I' ve never tried any of the games for it.
Even better you decide to question me being a gamer based on all these decisions you' ve made for me. That' s a conveniant approach for you. It' s obvious you want to play Devil' s advocate. The only decision I' ve made (well that I' ve made myself, without you making it for me) is that I' m not getting xbox 2. My reasons are clear, although I admit they were a ways down my post past some of the big words. Quit quoting my posts, I know what I wrote, however due to all the things you' ve decided for me apparently you do not. Spend more time reading posts rather than getting excited about how you can try and discredit the person who wrote it.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 1/23/2005 5:45:53 PM >
captain Qball

• Total Posts : 30
RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 23, 2005 18:34
OWNED!
lotusson

RE: Gotta Get Xbox 2 - Jan 23, 2005 21:27

mxpx182:
Lottusson, I' m about finished with you.

I have a weird feeling that if I keep replying. . . you’ll keep replying.

Lets see.

Let' s get things straight. I never said Sony and Nintendo were innocent, you decided that for me.

You said you were against MS’s business practices and still haven’t said you are against the practices of Nintendo/Sony.

Sounded a bit hypocritical to me. Still does.

Heck, you still haven’t told us what those “practices” are you disagree with.

I never said I haven' t played any x-box games, you decided that for me.

Then which ones have you played and why don’t you like them? Speak up.

Judging by your words and general attitude towards MS it seems more like you don’t want to like the X-Box.

Again, not trying to make you like it. But it seems you hardly given the system a fair shake (further explanation below).

You also decided I have a very uninformed opinion on whether or not I CAN DECIDE if I think Nintendo is more innovative than Microsoft??

More innovative than MS?

Never made such an argument.

You obviously mistaken my argument about their also being innovative and unique games on the X-Box as me suggesting that the MS is more innovative than Nintendo – something I never said.

You decide I' m full of crap because I don' t agree with MS business practices??

Yes. I consider it very hypocritical to not support the X-Box when Sony/Nintendo has done/still do some very under handed things.

I think it’s hypocritical.

I called it out.

Deal.

You decided I agree with sony shipping out defective PS2' s, and you decided that I agreed with Nintendo' s early 80' s business practices.

By not disagreeing with them….. guess what?

I would like to know how you can glance over the things Nintendo and Sony have done while not supporting MS over their “business practices.”

I believe my reasons were fairly clear as to why I' m not getting an xbox 2.

Your reasoning was silly and so I questioned it.

Your " probe" …..

Exactly. Instead of clearly expressing what you mean with examples and reasoning, you give out blanket statements like “I don’t agree with MS business practices” while at the same time not saying what those practices are.

Learning to accurately express yourself wouldn’t hurt.

into it apparently didn' t involve reading my entire posts usually a good 1st step.

No, I’ve quite thoroughly read your posts.

Even better, I invited you to read my topic I' ve started on Revolution to allow you to see some of my opinions and concerns about that system and you seem to think I am asking you to do ' research' for me??

It’s not my job to search out your opinion. I’m here. . . discussing the X-Box and your stance against MS business practices.

Why should your concerns about the Revolution matter now?

Tell me here! Because I see no reason to visit that thread.

Had I wanted to discuss the Revolution, I would. I don’t. So I’m not visiting your thread.

You ask me " one of what" in referance to me suggesting that I' m not asking every xbox fanboy to drop their controllers and save up for one.

…… The question was gotta get x-box 2? I said no I don' t, not no you don' t. Check out my topic on Revolution. I' m not demanding that every x-box fanboy drop there controllers and start saving up for one, that would be horrible for the industry.

Considering I didn’t visit your thread, your right, I didn’t pick up on this.

May be why I asked a questioned instead of attempting some futile rebuttal. . . .

As for you not believing me, well you cut me deep lottuson, you cut me real deep. You seem to have decided for me that I hate x-box

Nope.

Never once said you dislike the X-Box. But judging by your general attitude, it does seem like you’re not giving the X-Box a fair shake.

But that was never the point of my argument. I’m simply trying to find reasoning behind your logic.

and that I' ve never tried any of the games for it.

And yet you STILL do not speak of them.

And you wonder why I don’t think you’ve tried an X-Box. . .

I even ASKED you if you own a X-Box. You had plenty of times to respond and say whether or not you have or tried the system before.

Did you answer the question? No.

Even better you decide to question me being a gamer based on all these decisions you' ve made for me. That' s a conveniant approach for you. It' s obvious you want to play Devil' s advocate.

Devil’s advocate? Yippie I guess. . . .

I’m still trying to figure out what you have against MS while giving the green light to Sony/Nintendo.

How much would it hurt to speak up?

The only decision I' ve made (well that I' ve made myself, without you making it for me) is that I' m not getting xbox 2. My reasons are clear, although I admit they were a ways down my post

Yes, long after several other subjects had entered the argument.

Who would have thought that once a topic got mudded it only continues to get more mudded?!?

That’s the way all debates go. The more you speak, the more that will intentionally or unintentionally be brought up.

Quit quoting my posts

It’s a way to clearly show what I’m responding to.

Don’t like it?

Well, not much I can do about that because I’m not going to stop doing it for you.

I know what I wrote, however due to all the things you' ve decided for me apparently you do not.

Everything I’ve decided has been based around your actions (or more importantly, inactions).

I asked if you own a X-Box? You didn’t give a reply as to whether or not you owned one, or if you have tried one. Now combine that with your anti-MS stance (you said you don’t like MS business practices). Well guess what?

Sounds more like you’re not trying to like the X-Box more so than you’ve tried the system and it simply had no games that appealed to you.

You say I’m not reading your posts? On the contrary, I’m reading everything you say.

I cannot judge you by what you mean. I’m at my computer. There’s no way to tell your real feelings. The only way to judge you is by what you say (or type technically), and by what you don’t say.

Your mini statements are the only ways I have to tell what you’re talking about. And if that’s not what you mean, then it’s not my fault. Because that’s what you said.

And if you come back and say you don’t mind MS, then don’t try and throw it in my face because you never should have said you don’t like MS business practices to begin with.

Stop backtracking.

…..

You said I decided that you agree with Sony/Nintendo’s business practices? Yet even in your last reply you did not say you disagreed with them. That leaves me to believe that you still agree with them.

Spend more time reading posts rather than getting excited about how you can try and discredit the person who wrote it.

I’m not trying to discredit you, I’m simply trying to figure out why you think the way you do.

Are you helping in any way?

Why no you’re not. If I ask a question you give a rebuttal instead of an answer. If you had the ability to just say what you mean instead of clouding everyone with generalized statements, this conversation would have been over with a long time ago. Instead you keep dragging it on but half explaining yourself and expecting everyone to automatically decipher your every word.

You could have simply said none of the games on X-Box interest you, something I wouldn’t disagree with (at least that would have made sense).

But then you added in all this extra baggage.

You don’t like MS business practices. . .
Not enough innovative titles. . .
MS has enough of your money. . .

Sorry if I find those arguments silly, I simply do. And I questioned them.

Perhaps that is not what you meant… but that’s what you said. And what you said is the only thing I have to respond to.

Yeah, you can come back and continue to complain about how I’m putting words in your mouth. . . I guess so if what you type is different than what you mean.

You think I’m playing devil’s advocate? Trying to make you out to be a X-Box hater? Never my intention.

I’m just trying to find reasoning behind your hypocritical stance.

P.S.

And it’s lotusson, one T.

…………………

captain Qball:
OWNED!

Look ma! It’s the cavalry!!!

Gotta love spectators.

Are you going to actually add something to the thread, or sit back screaming non-sense?

Because right now I’m not thinking very highly of your IQ
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 39

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread