Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 your best movies of all time
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 50 of 50
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: your best movies of all time - Jun 11, 2006 02:11
... yeah i thought that one might be controversial...

.....they are the type of movie which the seething mass uneducated have no clue about how to interpret... ..they are so used to " oooooooooklookattheshinyspecialeffects" that when a film comes along, which actually challenges you to truly THINK, they go:

" ew!!"

...just pretend the Matrix Trilogy was not included on my list dude....

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 10 Jun 06 18:14:16 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: your best movies of all time - Jun 11, 2006 02:27
Ha ha, well they certainly have style. Style over substance would never win me over though.

The original was great and actually DID make you think. The plot was very well put together even if the dialogue wasn' t eaxctly brilliant. Reloaded had some nice action sequences (and a great soundtrack) but Revolutions was just annoying.

The sequels don' t really make you think as they go out of their wat to explain way too much to you, and some of the acting is laughable.

Do you think Reloaded opened the door to the upcoming Superman flick?
Bishonen

RE: your best movies of all time - Jun 11, 2006 02:34
...maybe...

...i dunno really... ..except that this new Superman has got ' Turkey' written all over it...
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: your best movies of all time - Jun 11, 2006 02:34

Analyze That (2002)
Analyze This (1999)
The Blair Witch Project (1999)
Ocean' s Eleven (2001)
Swordfish (2001)

i don' t know about films well that' s something!!! ok so you neglected all my choice and you pointed out those, first of all i didn' t say those are the best movies ever made since cinema was invented nor the best movies i watched, igave them a fucking 9, n,ot 10 , but 9, it' s nine.

do you watch movies in english or in your own native language (in case it' s not english) ?? this si very important to know ...

analyze this and that are comedy , and those TWO movies by no means are art, but i really enjoyed them , they made me laugh, i loved the italian accent (i watched the movie in english) and how dinero acted in these movies, i just thought they were really good in their genre, only in theiir genre if i have to " compare" them to my favorite movies of all time i' ll give them a 6, Analyse stuff before you talk!! ocean' s eleven and swordfish well i watched those like 5 years ago, so you know mentality change , i only recall the good impression i had about them and it was really good, speacialy ocean' s eleven...

somebody who doesn' t know shit about cinema will never rate very high movies like,

eternal sunshine
oldboy
pulp fiction
reservoir dogs
shindler' s list
chihirou

you just picked 5 movies out of 100 movies i rated so far (i avoid to rate others i watched when i was little) and you judge me!!

analyze this and that are a 9 in comedy, they made me laugh, one is better than the other and i can' t remember which one, but i' m sure that even if i watch them today i will give them a minimum 8.

I know what' s cheesy and what' s not, i defintly know that so i don' t need your approval however i was wondering why the hell i don' t know most of the movies you listed , or at least see..

so i checked IMDb and 90% of those are really really OLD !! some of these movies (best movies of all time according to you) are far from the top 250...
so why you listed only those old movies, what cinema doesn' t creat any good movies after 1990 ??? or just to show that you know classic movies ... good for you i myself recently interested in old movies, classics that i missed , but let me ask oyu a question do you know all movies i listed or just most of them ??

have you watched , eternal sunshine , amelie , adaptation , reservoir dogs , shindler' s list , equilibrium , pulp fiction ( i don' t think you missed this one but who knnows!!) , Closer ...

damn i' m pissed now
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: your best movies of all time - Jun 11, 2006 02:40
absoluteflame
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: your best movies of all time - Jun 11, 2006 02:41
Don' t be pissed!

Just remember that both " good" movies and " bad" movies are all OPINION.. NONE of it is ever fact. Half the planet enjoying one movie just makes the greatness of the film a SHARED opinion and in no way fact.
Abasoufiane

RE: your best movies of all time - Jun 11, 2006 02:46
i mean he' s judging me and he talks about cheesy and what' s not , i just don' t like this attitude... if i have to list cheesy movies i' ll list thousands...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: your best movies of all time - Jun 11, 2006 02:47
Calm down dude. I think his point was that thiose films are hardly critically acclaimed and look kinda out of place sitting next to awesome film like Shindler' s List and Oldboy.

This is ofcourse a thread entitled " your best movies of all time" , and is only asking for your own opinion. There' s no need to argue.

It' s actually cool that Bishonen listed so many non-recent movies as he' s only like 14 years old and he' s listing films like Raiders of the Lost Ark, Blade Runner, Halloween and The Thing. Other kids his age would list stuff like Big Mommas House or something stupid.

The kid has taste.
Abasoufiane

RE: your best movies of all time - Jun 11, 2006 03:04
yep that' s right magic, the kid had taste if he INDEED enjoyed them, but i just thought it' s a bit weird to list many many old mvies, where are the recent ones ??

bishonen is calling me a retard but in a nice way , and that' s still disrespect.

i gave 9 to anylze this and that , in comparaison to comedy movies

even if shindler' s list has 10
and those got 9 from me

i didn' t mean AT ALL that analyse this has a value very close to shindler' s list , i just hope you got my point...
Bishonen

RE: your best movies of all time - Jun 11, 2006 03:09
...hey i wasn' t criticising the date of those films, just pointing out that they do not really belong in a list about the best films of ALL TIME *coughastheyareuttergarbagecoughcoough*

...but yes, there are some truly great films in your list.... i was just letting you know that:

....tip: ' all time' means from when cinema was invented....

...in other words, it makes you look clueless to talk about the best films of all time, if you have never actually bothered to watch those films which most people consider to BE the best movies of ALL TIME...

...and yes, the best films ever are likely to be old BECAUSE THE THEY ARE THE BEST FILMS OF ALL TIME....

...but, yea i exaggerated...

...most of the films in your list are not cheese...
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 50 of 50

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message