Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Awesome Anime Movies
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 44
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 01, 2006 00:41
Ergo Proxy

Just watch it.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 30 Apr 06 16:45:01 >
Nitro

RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 01, 2006 03:27
Ok, i' m going to upload what i have of Ergo Proxy tor Bishonen, but i' m also willing to upload other stuff too.

Specifically stuff like:

- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (26 episodes)

- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig (26 episodes)

- Blood+ (episodes 1 - 18)

- Final fantasy VII Last Order (tie in)

- Final Fantasy Advent Children

That kind of stuff.

If asked nicely i' ll even rip, encode and upload features for anybody who wants them.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 01, 2006 05:24
I loved Trigun, that series was so funny. Nadesico was great for a giant mech series. Big fan of Shirow' s too, and I' m only just checking out Stand Alone Complex these days. It' s costing me a fortune!

I' d highly recommend the Serial Experiments Lain series and the movie Perfect Blue as well, for those that like a bit of wierd. Although Perfect Blue can be a bit explicit at times..
Nitro

RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 01, 2006 09:39
Edited
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 1 May 06 21:46:08 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 02, 2006 04:07
Is that legal... sharing and downloading Ergo Proxy like that... because... it kinda seems like piracy... sort of... ?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 1 May 06 20:08:02 >
Nitro

RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 02, 2006 04:55

It' s showing on TV in Japan at the moment and there' s no way i' m missing out. I' ll buy the box-set when it' s released here but right now i' ll take it however i can get it.
ginjirou

RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 02, 2006 05:00
Oh f*ck that means I just broke the law... .
Anyway, I' m not sure Adam appreciates you posting links like that. Maybe PMs are more suitable. Edit the post?
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 02, 2006 05:36
......Amazing.....

...i just watched it, and i have to say that i am, very, very impressed... ...it' s got this ultra stylish, listless Blade Runner feel to it... ...(blade runner is still one of my all-time favourite movies)...

...fantastic production, great cyber-style sound track... ..impressive indeed...

...dark, moody, subtle... ...i was soooo pissed when it ended... ...they should of released this as a film!... ...even the end theme-tune is perfect (Radiohead' s ' paranoid android' - perfect pun!)...

....I LOVE IT!!!...

...this one single episode shows up GITS:Stand Alone Complex for the utter hyped drivel that it is...

....i will certainly be buying the boxed set on release....
Nitro

RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 02, 2006 05:45
Ok, that link has been editted. I' m uploading the next one now so i' ll PM you both later with the link...
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 02, 2006 18:01
I don' t think iv' e found the right codec for it yet, still not playing for me.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 2 May 06 10:03:16 >
SABREWOLF581

• Total Posts : 92
RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 14, 2006 12:06
have you see the naruto anime.
amazing,
instead of telling about hell or paranormal or supposed to...
or women get .... from monsters and other sh...
naruto tells you about courage,love,friendship,good ,evil,
human values .......
oh and dont forget the best street fighting i have ever saw in anime.....
maybe ninja scroll but no too cliche.
< Message edited by sabrewolf581 -- 15 May 06 6:13:17 >
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 15, 2006 08:56
Naruto... have to say it, I WAS interested in it when it first came out, but the show is quite predictable and suffers from DBZ-itis, where they defeat one foe, and a stronger one pops up. The plot moves so slowly, the interest drops rapidly. Another show with similar plot developments is Bleach. Great beginning, turns slow. Read Bleach as a manga instead of watching the show. Goes at a much swifter pace. Naruto though is deliberately kiddy in many instances that it becomes more of a soap than a compelling story. I hate soaps. I don' t like Naruto now. The series should have ended already instead of doing crummy filler episodes every 1 1/2 months.

I have not yet found Raoh Gaiden, but I am searching for it. I must see Kenshiro kick ass, and look his best yet in the process due to the great animation. Only downside: the developers definately toned down the detail of exploding heads from Shin Hokuto no Ken trilogy of OVAs, so don' t expect to see detailed exploded, yet relatively anatomically correct innards. Keep you informed if I do find and watch it.

People like me like random stuff. FLCL and Excel Saga were great animes to watch in that regard.

Edit:
From what I can see, Raoh Gaiden is nowhere to be seen except in trailers on the web. Honestly, the sooner they release to DVD, the sooner I get my fix.
< Message edited by vdig -- 14 May 06 20:03:29 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 16, 2006 20:20
well chuffed ive seen this thread, Naruto doesnt float my boat, but theres plenty that does. Am going to have a massive clear out too, im sure Ive lost some dvds!
Nitro

RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 17, 2006 04:17
Sorry guys. I' ve been really busy of late and went to New Yok without uploading more of Ergo Proxy.

I' ll be uploading them in the next couple of days and i' ll PM you accordingly with the links.
ginjirou

RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 19, 2006 00:03
I was lucky enough to find Ergo Proxy episode 1-9 on DC++
I only had enough time to download episode 3 and 4 though .
Nitro

RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 19, 2006 00:49
DC++?! Ew!

I hate downloading from other people!

You guys should download SuperNZB from here...

http://www.techsono.com/supernzb/index.aspx

Find your ISP' s newsgroup from somewhere like this...

http://www.usenettools.net/ISP.htm

Then get your required NZB file from here...

http://www.binsearch.info/

or

http://alt.binaries.nl/

And download directly at full speed from the newsgroups without having to register and pay.

I for example, got Lucky Number S7evin, Transporter 2, Ice Age 2 and 10 episodes of New Dominion Tank Police yesterday. I still use torrents for certain things but i stopped using DC++ a long time ago.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 19, 2006 03:14

naruto tells you about courage,love,friendship,good ,evil,
human values .......

Not to say anything bad about it, I too find Naruto good as light entertainment (it makes me feel like a kid again), but what I just quoted is what I used to like seeing in films when I still had trouble reading digital watches. Nowadays I tend to like the more serious anime and films, which do not revolve around “good” vs “evil”, with the “Love and Justice will prevail” theme. And one of my all time favourites is Neon Genesis Evangelion, which most probably already now of, so to recommend something you might not have seen I say: Watch Now and Then, Here and There! It might have the nicest story ever told, in my opinion.

But it isn’t always you feel like watching something over serious, in case of this take a look at Full Metal Panic for some cool action and light comedy.
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 19, 2006 04:44
has anyone heard of a movie called something like " promises of our early days?" My neighbor just got it and said it was really good. Any thoughts?
Nitro

RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 19, 2006 05:36
No.

Watch Paranoia Agent!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Awesome Anime Movies - May 22, 2006 00:16
...hey SuperNZB seems pretty good majik...

....i' ll need time to test it properly but, are you just using the default dual servers to get those good speeds, or have you paid the premium to get the extra servers to open up?...

...the package as a whole dun seem to be too user friendly either ...
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 44

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message