Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 If you could be any video game character who would you be?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 40 of 40
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Dec 29, 2005 23:15

ORIGINAL: kombatfighter

-#47 (Hitman Series)

Damn it, I was going to claim him next. I seriously have a picture of him holding his ballers on my cell phone for a good while.

:-|
jimiphoenix

• Total Posts : 36
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Dec 30, 2005 00:41
:D

I don' t hate Tom Clancy at all. I' ve read many of his books, and most seem very similar to me - readable, but similar - like an espionage version of Clive Cussler. They are obvious bait for game developers. Still, there are a few exceptions, and on occasion Tom Clancy has impressed me simply through sheer skill as a writer. I like it when someone gets me to think " Wow, that was clever!" .
My post was a joke. Mass X, was your post a joke? There' s a lot of things that games can say that they don' t already - I assure you, many people are writing about them; things other than aliens, unicorns and espionage.

It' s my honest belief that the Splinter Cell games don' t say much about anything, except in a rehashed kind of way. That' s my opinion. I' m not an idiot who doesn' t think before he says things (well, not when I' m being completely serious, anyway). And even though I think Tom Clancy pretty much trademarked the geopolitical espionage thriller formula ages ago, I don' t bear any ill-feeling towards the guy. Why would I?
Sam Fisher is probably a more realistic model of a spy than you' re likely to find in most other games, I just don' t find him cool for some reason. But, you know what? Oxymoronic as it may sound, it' s not a spy' s job to be cool. I liked the Rainbow 6 games, by the way. They were ahead of their time as a teamwork model.

Anyway, if you ever hear me stating that your belief is wrong with no room for compromise or error, you can be pretty sure I' m just messing with you. Although Sam Fisher is such a crap name. You' re definitely wrong if you don' t agree. I' m not going to have to slap opinion tags on my posts here, am I? That would be lame.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Dec 30, 2005 00:53
Got a point there. I tend to like Sam Fisher as much as I like James Bond. ...imo
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Dec 30, 2005 06:51
I saw the humor in your other posts. However, in that previous post it' s hard to see much humor, but more of a sarcastic opinion. And a very polarized one at that.

jimiphoenix -

Tom Clancy sucks, and if you don' t believe me then you' re either wrong or related to the guy (in which case you would still be wrong).

Clancy has impressed me simply through sheer skill as a writer. I like it when someone gets me to think " Wow, that was clever!" .

I just dont see what else youd expect from a realistic espionage writer. The game' s tend to be more popular for the gameplay rather then the stories anyways. And if you' ve played Chaos Theory, Fisher comes off showing a bit more personality. I think Sam comes off quite likable by many is because of his more true to life manner. Like you said he' s not like other game spies.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Dec 30, 2005 06:54
Rainbow Six games are good but, I prefer Ghost Recon due to the planning. In the RS games you had to plan your teams movement and if a team member got mowed down the rest of the team would get mowed down too cause the enemy knew they were coming in the same direction. Then, you would have to replan the whole map again if you didn' t do it right. GR recognized that problem and allowed teams to plan on the go. Of course GR was held in the middle of a war field most of the time but as far as planning, I always thought GR made that critical difference in gameplay. GR2 was crap. I hated that game cause my team members would watch me get mowed down by a single dude who would run up about 5-10 feet away from us. Then, my sniper team member wouldn' t even snipe people that I could clearly see with my assault rifle. I was like wth?!? I don' t know about you guys but, I enjoy the fact that you can switch to different team members and use thier unique ability cause they took that out of GR2 as well. Then what was with not having silenced weapons anymore? I know I' m in the middle of a war but, silenced weapons can make a difference especially when you can get the first shot off. Bah anyways, I was just rambling on there.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Dec 30, 2005 07:34
You guys are so predictable! Read on...

I' d like to be Link- he' s just sooo cool and gets to have the honour of having Ganondorf as an enemy.
Sora- because he is the luckiest damn teenager to ever have been born on this world!
Saddler - injects eggs into peoples' bodies that give him full control over everyone? Come on...
Doopliss- can steal the body and name of anyone he sees. Plus, he says all those whitty phrases, slick.
Whoever was driving that giant metal Scarab in Halo 2- nuff said!

Don' t tell me that none of you even considered being evil. I know you like it.
< Message edited by Marink -- 30 Dec 05 15:36:11 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Dec 30, 2005 07:39
Kombat-Ive always only played Clancy games online (except for the Splinter Cell series), so that may be why I love playing GR2/Summit Strike. However the single player was much better in the original Recons, along with the planning on the go.

Marin-#47 is a pretty evil guy dont ya think? Its gonna be fun using the nail gun in blood money.

Raz - Psychonauts, being a powerful psychic within a tim burton-esque world full of odd humor just seems like good fun.

That guy from Psi-ops - Another powerful psychic who can gain engery from draining other minds which often ends with the victims head bursting.

A character from the game ' Mercenaries' - Altho your out to accomplish things for those who offer the highest price, in the end all yer doing is having a damn good time blowing shit up.

< Message edited by Mass X -- 30 Dec 05 15:45:10 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Dec 30, 2005 08:49

Ryo Hazuki - Shenmue ( I can' t just wait for Yu Suzuki to finish this stuff I want to kill Lan Di today !!!! )

Solid Snake - fantastic character in a fantastic sci-fi world - Sam fisher is cool but the world of this game is so " typical" (banks,submarines) I mean I go places like that all the time man. :)
Plus I wouldn' t want to die because of some stupid bug - that sux when I play- can' t imagine how it would suck when I' m there :)

Spartan 117 / Master Chief - from Halo Books ,they just show how much better this game could' ve been.Great story.

Cloud or Squall or anyone (male) from any Final Fantasy World
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Dec 30, 2005 09:02

Ryo Hazuki - Shenmue ( I can' t just wait for Yu Suzuki to finish this stuff I want to kill Lan Di today !!!! )

Wouldn' t it be funny if by series end Lan Di kills Ryo instead? ;). Man, the backlash within the Sega/Shenmue community would be huge! As the end credits scroll on screen, you see Nozomi, Joy, Shenhua all standing and crying over Ryo' s grave
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Dec 30, 2005 11:43

Wouldn' t it be funny if by series end Lan Di kills Ryo instead? ;). Man, the backlash within the Sega/Shenmue community would be huge! As the end credits scroll on screen, you see Nozomi, Joy, Shenhua all standing and crying over Ryo' s grave

That' s just wrong Terry. It' s too bad we can' t ban Staff Members but, we certainly could put in a petition. LOL.

< Message edited by kombatfighter -- 30 Dec 05 19:44:02 >
jimiphoenix

• Total Posts : 36
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Dec 30, 2005 14:47
Terry, that' s so messed up :D

That' s like Nintendo saying " Hey, why don' t we never make another Zelda game, and as an added bonus, kill Link off in the final instalment!"

...still, a dark part of me would laugh for days and days if it actually happened. Well, to Ryu, not Link...Link would be too close to home.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Dec 30, 2005 15:23
You' d think people would be sick of predictability in games though. The ' good-guy' doesn' t always have to win! Sometimes an unhappy ending, as far as the lead character is concerned would probably make the story have more impact. But as long as there' s a sequel to be made our favourite videogame hero/anti-hero' s will just keep on truckin' !

My point is that some of the best films have unhappy endings. Look at Gladiator, Scarface, Reservoir Dogs, Heat etc... They have characters that you really want to pull through at the end but don' t and they' re all narrative based movies. Which is what surprised me about the hidden ending in Ubisofts King King tie-in. The ending to the King Kong films (this is the 2nd re-make right?!) are classic tradegy, but gave the film a little something else.

But if i could be ANY game character i' d probably opt for Max Payne because i like his jacket, ...oh and the slo-mo John Woo-esque double pistol toting dives he regulary pulls. All i' d have to do if i was hurt is munch on a few of those uber painkillers and i' d be right as rain! Well, either Max Payne or Spinal from Killer Instinct, .......i heard he' s a great dancer!!!
sinsparker

• Total Posts : 3
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Dec 31, 2005 08:26
1st: goomba- I want a big head and no arms, sue me.

2nd: A pokemon- I want to find out how it is inside the ball.

3rd: Beyond the grave- I would have pick the demon slaying Dante, but I fear he would be overused.

4th -parappa the rapper-.... I.I dont even know why I chose him.
< Message edited by sinsparker -- 31 Dec 05 16:27:20 >
Nitro

RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Dec 31, 2005 11:45

ORIGINAL: sinsparker

1st: goomba- I want a big head and no arms, sue me.

Goomba! Man Goomba' s ROCK! But they sucked in the film, ...although i did laugh when they were all in the lift swaying to the music, ....stupid dinosaurs!

What was so special about Alex the Kid anyway? I never really liked that prick!
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Jan 01, 2006 00:03
I' d be Tommy Verceti from GTA III, I' m always surrounded by assholes that I would love to run over with someones car, or tank.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Jan 01, 2006 07:10

I' d be Tommy Verceti from GTA III, I' m always surrounded by assholes that I would love to run over with someones car, or tank.

Amen to that, brother!
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Feb 10, 2006 06:53
I' d either be Sam from Sam and Max Hit the Road (For the infinite coat space and the car) or Atrus from the Myst series (For the whole world creation thing and the beard).
Flaze

• Total Posts : 4
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Feb 10, 2006 08:21
kokoro from DoA 4!! she kicks ass, also Ryu (always own it up in Ninja Gaiden) :o
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Feb 10, 2006 19:16
I' d be Nando (or whatever his name was), Randys rabbit in Guardian Heroes.
You can get more info about him and Guardian Heroes at:
http://www.guardianheroes.com/
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 10 Feb 06 11:36:35 >
Nitro

RE: If you could be any video game character who would you be? - Jun 02, 2008 22:13
U cant beat Max Payne!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 40 of 40

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread