Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Anybody here read fantasy?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Anybody here read fantasy? - Jan 25, 2005 22:30
i started reading George R. R. Martin in about july and was done all three books my the end of august....and now everything i open up to read, i just want it to be George R. R. Marting. nothing else seems to quench my thirst.....though i did finish reading some greog keyes books and they were pretty good, but better if i wasn' t to busy thinking about the new Martin book.

speaking of the new marting book, i was in chapter' s a bit ago and they told me it should be out in july because they can already pre-order it....but who knows how true that is. i' m keeping my fingers crossed though.

i' m really excited to finish reading the dark tower series, i' m gonna pick up wolves of the calla soon, and hopefully rip through all 3 of those in due time.

...as for other fantasy books, i can' t really think of anything else other than the book ender' s game by orson scott card, but that is more sci-fi.......but fucking awesome. as well, the book by matthew good entitled at last there is nothing left to say i found really good. not fantasy per-say, but just sort of twisted and good.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Anybody here read fantasy? - Jan 26, 2005 06:32
Chapters are a bunch of ass-clowns if they told you it' s coming out this summer cause you can per-order it. Go down there, ask to put money down on book FIVE of the series and I bet you they' ll let you. I' ve resigned myslef that this book is never coming out. It' s just easier that way.
the.ben

RE: Anybody here read fantasy? - Jan 26, 2005 12:28
maybe i will.....and get them to put it in writing that i can get it in july and sue when it doesn' t come......or not....

....but i do have the audiobook of a game of thrones, so i may give that a listen in my spare time to ease myself.
mxpx182

RE: Anybody here read fantasy? - Jan 31, 2005 06:30
Readint the second book to the tawny man trilogy right now by Hobb. it' s the trilogy directly related to the farseer trilogy. Set 15 years later, but lost none of it' s charm. Definetly another reccomendation.
mxpx182

RE: Anybody here read fantasy? - Feb 07, 2005 06:42
Hey the.ben, how' s the wolves of the Calla coming? I' m anxious to see what you think of how that one ends.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Anybody here read fantasy? - Feb 07, 2005 11:37
The Wolves of Calla is a pretty good book. Very Seven Samarai-ish, if that makes any sense.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Anybody here read fantasy? - Feb 20, 2005 16:56
I picked up Pawn of Prophecy last week and devoured it. A really good read. I' m going through Queen of Sorcery (not sure that is the title) right now and it' s pretty good as well. There are a lot in the series it appears, so it seems that I am going to be busy reading for awhile yet. At least into the summer...which of course is when the new Potter book comes out.
the.ben

RE: Anybody here read fantasy? - Feb 20, 2005 22:09
i' m about half done wolves of the calla.....i' m always so interested in what' s going to happen though, that i can' t seem to concentrate on what IS happening. it' s painful for me to read cause i just want things to move on at a faster pace so i can get to the end and know what happens.......but so far it is a very good book.
bradley harper

• Total Posts : 172
RE: Anybody here read fantasy? - Feb 22, 2005 15:33
Yeah, i never really read Fantasy books. but hey i did read that hitchhickrs guide to the galaxy. or was that the one?.........well any way i dont read fantasy. I' m kinda into dirty books myself.
mxpx182

RE: Anybody here read fantasy? - Jul 15, 2005 10:38
Hey the.ben, how far are you into the whole dark tower series now?? I' m anxious to see what you think of the last one.
Kess DuKe

• Total Posts : 56
RE: Anybody here read fantasy? - Jul 15, 2005 23:27
I' m writing an RPG about Atlantis. U could help.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message