Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Killzone 2 Kickassery
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 82
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 01, 2009 04:07
Agent Ghost

I played for a few hours and I'm using Alternate 2, I reduced the sensitivity for the x and y axis two notches.  Big difference.

The thing about multiplayer is that the game is pretty simplistic at first.  It takes a while before you can earn the other classes. 

The classes are what multiplayer excellent. 

Rifleman:
Base class, no special abilities.

Engineer/Engineer
Primary: Sets up an automated turret which targets the enemy.
Secondary: Repairs ammunition dispensers, mounted guns, and automated turrets.

Medic/Medic
Primary: Revives downed team mates.
Secondary: Throws a health pack, which can be picked up by other players.

Scout/Scout
Primary: Uses a cloaking suit to become near-invisible.
Secondary: Tags all on-screen enemy players with a hidden marker, which broadcasts their coordinates to team mates.

Assault/Assault
Primary: Dons heavy armour twice as strong as normal.
Secondary: Temporarily boosts running speed.

Tactitian/Tactitian
Primary: Throws a coloured smoke grenade, which serves as a spawn point.
Secondary: Requests air support from a sentry bot which targets the enemy.

Saboteur/Saboteur
Primary: Assumes the disguise of a randomly selected enemy player.
Secondary: Throws a sticky, proximity-activated C-4 charge.

Eventually you'll reach a point where you can make custom classes.  You can use any primary ability and mix it with any secondary ability.

So you're saying if I keep playing something I'm not enjoying long enough, it'll become tolerable? Do you like MMO's?

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 02, 2009 05:14

So you're saying if I keep playing something I'm not enjoying long enough, it'll become tolerable? Do you like MMO's?

No I usually don't like MMO's except EVE:Online.  Which is having a re-release soon .  I'm also looking foward in Champions: Online from the makers of City of Heroes.  Similar idea except its not a point-and-click, its in realtime.

Earlier parts of the ranking system are boring compared to later without the classes and points multipliers.  Things are much more entertaining once you unlock the Engineer class.  Because there are more ways to make points and you eventually get ribbons that multiply how many points you get for specific actions making leveling up is easier.  The matches are a lot more intense when you play against higher leveled players.  The first time I saw an air turret, holy shit.  The online component has a lot of depth.  

I would describe Killzone 2 multiplayer like MGS meets Team Fortress.   

Yeah the controls are a pain but I'm getting used to them.  Lowering the sensitivity is essential.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 04, 2009 16:19
Yo I got my ps3 back today I will be on later  tonight. Who wants to rank up with me.
Agent Ghost

Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 04, 2009 18:19
If you see me online, hop in a a game with me.

My PSN is: AgentGhost
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Mar 07, 2009 01:51>
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 04, 2009 22:10
Do I have you on my psn list. I think so anyway.

MikeDaFreshOne is my game tag if I don't see you on there.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 05, 2009 14:05
Once again, voice chat is garbage.  PS3 really annoys me when you play team games and can't understand a word of what anyone is saying.  Warhawk is undoubtedly the worst culprit, however Killzone online sounds like a bunch of rusk-munching downies yodelling into a Pringle tube.  Ahhhhh why can't it be on 360 with a decent controller.

Good game though.
immortaldanmx

Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 06, 2009 04:35
Iad umboros

sounds like a bunch of rusk-munching downies yodelling into a Pringle tube

That is by far the most inventive thing I've ever heard.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 07, 2009 20:55
I completed the game in 6 hours.... I didnt think it was that short.. and the final boss was just plain annoying... the first person cover really worked well, a good game, does nothing new though. 

Lighting gun was really over powered, infinite ammo ammo and it kills everybody in sight?? I'm in. 
<message edited by Silentbomber on Mar 07, 2009 20:56>
Agent Ghost

Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 07, 2009 22:42
The multiplayer is the best I've ever seen in an FPS.  Better than COD4 imo.  Yes, that's right MOFOs is fucking better than COD4.  It's a bit of an acquired taste because of the controls and the game gets more much interesting when everyone has more classes unlocked.  Imagine playing Team Fortress 2 with only the Soldier and the Medic class. That's what it's like playing Killzone online in the first half of the ranking system.  Fortunately you don't have to play exclusively against people in your rank.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 08, 2009 01:59
I like this game..
I think it's alot better than the other FPS'es at the market, the graphics, sound and everything is great.

It's a much more hardcore shooter, than the others, CoD4/Resistance are more noob-friendly FPS'es, I think.

The controls in this are slower than Resistance/CoD and feels heavier, but it takes like 2 minutes before you get used to it, if you know your controller, the lack of aim-assist might be a bigger hurdle for most people.  :-/
If you're unable to aim yourself, you'll be killed.

The difference between this and CoD4-controls, are basically, if someone manages to flank you and starts shooting at you from behind, you will need to start using the sprint button, and try to get away - before you are turning around and start hunting them, wich isn't necessarry in CoD4, where you can turn and start shooting at the person who are shooting at you, and if you're weapon are better than his, you'll kill him.
Yeah, you will turn slower in this game, compared to other, turn-on-a-dime-shooters/twitch-shooters, but so will your opponents. :-)

You've got like 8 different control-schemes, so button-configuration-wize you're pretty well covered.

I'd reccomend this game over the newly skinned CoD- and Resistance-game wich came out a few months ago.

It's pretty exhausting to play tough, because it's suceeded to place you in a chaotic warzone. I feel I need to take breaks much more often in this game, than I did in any CoD or Resistance game, because my body usually are to tense.
That's abit negative, but I can live with taking a 5-minute-break every hour.

PS. My impressions are based on single-player, since I've not yet hooked up my PS3 to the net in my new house.. :P

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 08, 2009 21:12

PS. My impressions are based on single-player, since I've not yet hooked up my PS3 to the net in my new house.. :P
This should've been included at the beginning of your "review". Fail.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 08, 2009 21:49
wow I didn't realize cod4 was a noob friendly fps thanks for the review!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 08, 2009 21:54
KongRudi

The difference between this and CoD4-controls, are basically, if someone manages to flank you and starts shooting at you from behind, you will need to start using the sprint button, and try to get away - before you are turning around and start hunting them, wich isn't necessarry in CoD4, where you can turn and start shooting at the person who are shooting at you, and if you're weapon are better than his, you'll kill him.
Yeah, you will turn slower in this game, compared to other, turn-on-a-dime-shooters/twitch-shooters, but so will your opponents. :-)

mmmmmmm yeah! someone hasnt played a lot of CoD4!
immortaldanmx

Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 08, 2009 22:34
locopuyo

He's a stupid twat, you shouldnt have even bothered to respond to him.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 08, 2009 22:59
i cant connect online, always getting errors :(
immortaldanmx

Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 09, 2009 03:26
Silentbomber

i cant connect online, always getting errors :(

PSN FTW!
Agent Ghost

Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 09, 2009 06:15
Silent you jinxed me.  I can't connect at all now.  Maybe it's down at the moment.  I was able to play after you had difficulty connecting though.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 10, 2009 12:12
mastachefbkw

This should've been included at the beginning of your "review". Fail.

It's not a 'review' it's my impressions.
If you are too stupid to process the entire message, feel free to ignore the messages with several lines, instead of asking people to write the things you are interested in first.

locopuyo

It's not a 'review' it's my impressions of the games, I wrote that in the post.

I think CoD4 is very noob-friendly, I don't know a single person who got stuck somewhere, or spent more than one night finnishing the campaign.

Vx Chemical

mmmmmmm yeah! someone hasnt played a lot of CoD4!

Played through it once, never felt the urge to play more, since I wanted to play other games aswell at that time, but that's how I felt.

<message edited by KongRudi on Mar 10, 2009 12:29>
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 10, 2009 15:28
Basically, I'm going to get my arse kicked when I get round to playing this again. Just moved house and the (cough) free wireless connection is shit, so haven't been able to log on for weeks. Just signed a contract with Virgin Broadband though so hopefully the headshotting will resume soonish...
immortaldanmx

Re:Killzone 2 Kickassery - Mar 10, 2009 19:05
KongRudi

I think CoD4 is very noob-friendly, I don't know a single person who got stuck somewhere, or spent more than one night finnishing the campaign.

Most people arent so terrified of social interaction that they actually play online. Try that before you call a game "noob-friendly", dumbass.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 82

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message