Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crysis Warhead (PC expansion) - Not going to be multi-platform...
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 06, 2008 18:48

If it' s an expansion they' d be doing what Valve did with the original Half Life games - same event from different perspectives.

As far as i know, Valve made neither Blue Shift or Opposing Forces, atleast one of them was made by someone else.

What ever happened to Expansions being done my 3rd parties, that hasnt been seen since.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 06, 2008 19:02

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

If it' s an expansion they' d be doing what Valve did with the original Half Life games - same event from different perspectives.

As far as i know, Valve made neither Blue Shift or Opposing Forces, atleast one of them was made by someone else.

What ever happened to Expansions being done my 3rd parties, that hasnt been seen since.

Gearbox developed both Half Life expansions, and Crytek' s main studio aren' t working on Warhead, they' ve passed it to their Budapest branch.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 06, 2008 20:21
Dammit! I want to play Crysis, but my rig sucks as it is. I was contemplating getting a new pc, even going so far as to configure one on CyberPowerPC.com, but decided to hold off until I upgrade my projector.

May have to rethink this. I mean, the pc I configured was about $2000, but the projector I want is $6000!!
Nitro

RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 07, 2008 20:44
Nitro

RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 07, 2008 20:49
From Cry-Alex (community manager)

Crysis: Warhead is NOT Crysis2. It is a standalone game telling the story around Crysis 1 from a different angle, please keep that in mind Smile

As for Crysis being updated - currently we do not plan a patch for Crysis. Indeed Warhead, which is part of the complete Crysis franchise, will feature a newer version of CryENGINE2.

From Harald Seeley (Engine Business Manager)

Next-Gen: Were Cevat' s recent comments about " no more PC exclusives" for real, or just out of frustration felt at that moment?

Engine business manager Harald Seeley, Crytek: When Cevat said we would not create new PC exclusives, he was referring to any new projects we will start in the future. Of course Warhead has been under development for quite some time, and we had no desire or intention to disappoint our loyal PC fans. So, after some careful consideration, we decided to continue our support for the PC Crysis franchise with this release. But yes, all new franchises we develop in the future will be created with a cross platform strategy in mind.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 07, 2008 22:29
that box art is ugly.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 08, 2008 00:45
I think the box art looks bad ass.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages