Crysis Warhead (PC expansion) - Not going to be multi-platform...

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
Crysis Warhead (PC expansion) - Not going to be multi-platform... - Jun 04, 2008 23:28
Teaser Site

< Message edited by nitro -- 7 Jun 08 12:46:41 >

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 04, 2008 23:44
So that' s why they canceled the future patches. Sweet.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

GrayFox
  • Total Posts : 356
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 05, 2008 00:22
/Droooooooooooooooooools

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 05, 2008 01:31
Is hair too hard to render these days?

The caption for the render should be, " C' mon, slap it, you know you want to!" ...or even, " Warhead is a bald head" .
< Message edited by choupolo -- 4 Jun 08 17:41:26 >

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 05, 2008 01:51
Question. Is this Crytek' s move into the console gaming market?
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Rampage99
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 05, 2008 01:55
Don' t care, getting it for the PC because it will look (and most likely play) better. Sorry, I know that' s not much help.

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 05, 2008 03:27

Don' t care, getting it for the PC because it will look (and most likely play) better. Sorry, I know that' s not much help.

No worries. I do agree with what you say about the PC, as I would get Crysis and Warhead if I could afford a PC powerful enough to play them. Sadly for now I am stuck with consoles.
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Rampage99
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 05, 2008 03:37
Well if it makes you feel any better from the sound of it Crytech isn' t doing anything exclusive to the PC anymore so there' s a decent chance you' ll see a port of this to consoles.

Nitro
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 05, 2008 03:58
Who' s to say that this isn' t the console port of Crysis as is?

Rampage99
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 05, 2008 04:04
Because the gun Psycho is holding wasn' t in the original Crysis (from what I can tell) and it being a sequel would make sense as to why they stopped work on all future patches and updates to the original title.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 4 Jun 08 20:10:53 >

Nitro
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 05, 2008 04:33
That doesn' t look like Psycho to me.

Rampage99
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 05, 2008 04:37
Looks like a paint over of Psycho to me.

Nitro
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 05, 2008 04:47
Maybe you' re right. But he has a prevalent on his chin and i can' t see it in that image. I also thought he has a wider jawbone. But even so, there' s nothing to indicate either way which format it' s for.

It could be an expansion where you play as Psycho. In Crysis, after meeting back up with him (once you get out of the mountain), are he' s asked where he' s been he says " You wouldn' t believe me if I told you"

If it' s an expansion they' d be doing what Valve did with the original Half Life games - same event from different perspectives. If it' s a sequel why is it an image of Psycho? I mean, they get a transmission from Prophet and both head back to the island, but surely in a proper sequel you' d continue to play as Nomad?

It could be a console port of Crysis where you play as Psycho instead of Nomad. That' d work.

Ofcourse, why the subtitle? Why Warhead?

Rampage99
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 05, 2008 05:00
All valid points. Still I' m pretty sure that' s Psycho, the jaw/chin can be explained by the angle of the head. It is possible though it is a different character.

Could be an expansion, that would be interesting and a welcome addition to the game. I wouldn' t mind playing as Psycho.

My guess as to why they wouldn' t show Nomad if it is a sequel is simply because you never see Nomad in the game. We have no idea what his face looks like. Imo, Psycho is the most recognizable character from the game so for me it makes sense they would show a pic of him rather than anything else.

If it a console port where you play as Psycho that would be a great idea as to how to not only introduce the console players to Crysis but also to get PC gamers to buy the game. I' d buy the console version if I got to play as Psycho.

The fact that Crytech just announced they aren' t doing any more updates or patches for Crysis still leads me to believe they have to be working on something completely new. Normally you don' t drop support for a game until years after or a sequel is announced.

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 05, 2008 09:52
It' s most definitely Psycho in that picture. I' m probably leaning towards an expansion/sequel. It' ll probably come to PC regardless of whether it' s on consoles or not.

Rampage99
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 05, 2008 22:41
It is Psycho in the picture. The game will be an expansion where you do play as Psycho parallel to Nomad' s story in the original. This is going to be awesome!

Nitro
RE: Crysis Warhead - Jun 05, 2008 23:11
Awesome.

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 05, 2008 23:27
Definitely a must buy.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 06, 2008 09:34
Exclusive to PC. Crytek was just tugging our nuts about this console bullshit. And yes it is Psycho that you play as.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/06/05/fooled-you-next-crysis-title-to-be-pc-only

Nitro
RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 06, 2008 18:25

ORIGINAL: Majik

It could be an expansion where you play as Psycho. In Crysis, after meeting back up with him (once you get out of the mountain), are he' s asked where he' s been he says " You wouldn' t believe me if I told you"

If it' s an expansion they' d be doing what Valve did with the original Half Life games - same event from different perspectives.

Lets hope we get a second expansion where we play as Prophet.

Then expansions to the sequels (Crysis is supposed to be a trilogy)

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 06, 2008 18:48

If it' s an expansion they' d be doing what Valve did with the original Half Life games - same event from different perspectives.

As far as i know, Valve made neither Blue Shift or Opposing Forces, atleast one of them was made by someone else.

What ever happened to Expansions being done my 3rd parties, that hasnt been seen since.

Nitro
RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 06, 2008 19:02

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

As far as i know, Valve made neither Blue Shift or Opposing Forces, atleast one of them was made by someone else.

What ever happened to Expansions being done my 3rd parties, that hasnt been seen since.

Gearbox developed both Half Life expansions, and Crytek' s main studio aren' t working on Warhead, they' ve passed it to their Budapest branch.

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 06, 2008 20:21
Dammit! I want to play Crysis, but my rig sucks as it is. I was contemplating getting a new pc, even going so far as to configure one on CyberPowerPC.com, but decided to hold off until I upgrade my projector.

May have to rethink this. I mean, the pc I configured was about $2000, but the projector I want is $6000!!

Nitro
RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 07, 2008 20:44

Nitro
RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 07, 2008 20:49
From Cry-Alex (community manager)

Crysis: Warhead is NOT Crysis2. It is a standalone game telling the story around Crysis 1 from a different angle, please keep that in mind Smile

As for Crysis being updated - currently we do not plan a patch for Crysis. Indeed Warhead, which is part of the complete Crysis franchise, will feature a newer version of CryENGINE2.

From Harald Seeley (Engine Business Manager)

Next-Gen: Were Cevat' s recent comments about " no more PC exclusives" for real, or just out of frustration felt at that moment?

Engine business manager Harald Seeley, Crytek: When Cevat said we would not create new PC exclusives, he was referring to any new projects we will start in the future. Of course Warhead has been under development for quite some time, and we had no desire or intention to disappoint our loyal PC fans. So, after some careful consideration, we decided to continue our support for the PC Crysis franchise with this release. But yes, all new franchises we develop in the future will be created with a cross platform strategy in mind.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 07, 2008 22:29
that box art is ugly.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Rampage99
RE: Crysis Warhead - announced officially! - Jun 08, 2008 00:45
I think the box art looks bad ass.